Anime-Beta site errors and hi-jinks

Important memos, notices, and updates from The Administrators.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Anime-Beta site errors and hi-jinks

Post by sensei »

The administrative team is aware that there is a server problem that throws error messages back when visitors try to access it. The most common is a "Server does not respond" or "Server not found" error, which as most of us have learned, resolves by simply reloading the page. However, this morning some more serious error messages were thrown, and that suggests problems on the server front. The Beta forum will in time be moved to a new server, and members will be notified of this in advance. Pending this, however, it's likely that some of these errors will continue to irritate us.

As a precaution, please bookmark the RubberSlug & AnimeBeta Facebook page, which will be the admins. alternative site for announcements in case there is another website failure or serious problem. And, hey, hang out there, as we don't bite and occasionally post videos of cute kittens, inappropriate memes, etc.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Re: Anime-Beta site errors and hi-jinks

Post by zerospace »

Earlier today, Anime-Beta was simply timing out for me -- for ohhh, maybe about 15 minutes or so. A quick traceroute didn't really indicate if it was indeed Beta's server that was not responding -- my trace never even really got close to Beta's IP address before the timeouts started. The last host before the connection timed out belonged to Cogent Communications, which could mean a few different things.

In any case, I'm posting because if anyone here does not use Facebook (I prefer to call it "Faceplant" :P), a Facebook group is a really bad place to provide announcements on Beta's status. I do not have a Facebook account, nor do I want one anytime soon. May I suggest using Twitter or anything that does not require a login to access to at least post the latest status when issues arise? I have no issues checking Twitter feeds for updates. :) Thanks! :D :cheers