Annual Cel Contest 2015!! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!

Important memos, notices, and updates from The Administrators.
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Re: Annual Cel Contest 2015!! - Voting HAS ENDED!!

Post by nowherekid85 »

Oh lol, I think I actually noticed that it was left out, a while back and didn't think anything of it after that. Today I thought I just overlooked it somehow due to my speed reading at 6 AM, going backwards from last page to first. Why I do that sometimes, I have no idea.
If nobody really likes voting BIS I say just have fun trying to relax and enjoy the rest of the month instead!
Thanks to JD and everybody for working hard on the contest! .rockon. :yourock:
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Re: Annual Cel Contest 2015!! - Voting HAS ENDED!!

Post by Jadeduo »

The 2015 Annual Cel Contest has officially finished!!!

CONGRATS to all the award winners!
All the awards are available on the RS site, in the thumbs of the award winners:

http://abcelawards2015.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A couple housekeeping notes from our Awards Creator! GoalieZero! He powered through a cold to get the awards turned around in a couple days! KUDOS!!

:yay :yay :yay :yay

• Unfortunately, Rubberslug was having none of the PNG or GIF images, so the awards are flat jpgs with no transparency
• I tried to keep capitalization of names (for instance Jadeduo instead of JADEDUO) the same across the board

If anyone wants a GIF or PNG, they can PM GZ and ask him to e-mail or PM over the transparent images!

If has any questions feel free to reach out to me anytime via PM or E-mail!

JD
"Any idea is a good idea except the non-happy ones. Those we push down deep inside where you'll never, ever, ever, EVER find them!" - Princess Unikitty

http://www.jadeduo.net Please Stay By My Side, In My Dreams - Sailor Moon, DBZ, Cardcaptor Sakura, Saiyuki, Gundam Wing, Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi, Junjou Romantica, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, and Tsubasa...

Actively Searching for: Saiyuki Burial (Anything), CCS Episodes 65-67, and Primo Sailor Jupiter Cels

Anime-Beta Annual Cel Contest - Grand Poobah, 2014, 2015, and 2016
Anime-Beta Annual Sketch Contest - Grand Poobah, 2015
Anime-Beta Annual Sketch Contest - Survey Wench, 2016, 2017

Still lurking around Beta, but most days you can find me in the Cel Chat... http://cels-chat.herokuapp.com/ Come Join US!
Also rebooted the FB page, you can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/348416495554600/
GoalieZero
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Re: Annual Cel Contest 2015!! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!

Post by GoalieZero »

^ What Sensei Jade said!

Hope all the winners like their awards! Another great contest this year! : )
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

Great job on the awards GoalieZero, I love how they are cels!
Punkxprince
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Punkxprince »

Love the awards GoalieZero! A huge thanks again to those who ran the awards this year and also to those who voted for my submissions!

Score for this year is 3 2nd places and 2 3rd places. ^_^
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Congrats to all the winners and thanks to all who worked hard at putting it together this year and making it happen. It always gets challenging to do the contest in this time of year. The turn out this year was higher than I had expected. Quite pleased with this. It means the interest and the community are still strong!! :cheers
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

I echo everyones sentiments. Thanks again JD and everyone else who volunteered to help with the awards this year :hello . I've added the link to the yearly awards thread and I'll check out the site later to see the results :badass .
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Thanks to Jadeduo, GoalieZero, cutiebunny and starphoenix for making this a great contest! The award this years looks great, and I like the A1, B2, C3 labeling lol
GoalieZero
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by GoalieZero »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:Thanks to Jadeduo, GoalieZero, cutiebunny and starphoenix for making this a great contest! The award this years looks great, and I like the A1, B2, C3 labeling lol
YAY! Someone noticed! hehe :bounce
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Thanks to everyone (organizers, participants, and voters) for making it a great contest this year! :bow
x
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by x »

Thanks a lot to JD and other organizers for running a great contest and GoalieZero for the award icons - they look super!
Thanks to everyone who took part and for everyone that voted too.

It was really fun to take part and even more fun going through all the entries. It was interesting to see how close some of the categories were. I also like comparing what I voted for versus what the finalists end up being.

Getting some placings was awesome too. :D
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

I'm glad everyone is happy with the awards. I look forward to the 2016 Cel Awards many, many, months from now... that is of course unless someone else wants to take point! ^_^

I want to thank everyone else that was involved as well I couldn't have done it without the support of my team, GoalieZero, Star-Phoenix, and the fierce Cutiebunny! ^_^

I am going to take a well deserved break for a while, and cloak to lurker mode.

If anyone wants to chat with me, just e-mail or PM anytime. ^_^ I will also be working hardcore on Jadeduo.net to get the gallery off of RS and the backlog cleared out.

I'm hoping to have it done before the end of the month, wish me luck!

JD
"Any idea is a good idea except the non-happy ones. Those we push down deep inside where you'll never, ever, ever, EVER find them!" - Princess Unikitty

http://www.jadeduo.net Please Stay By My Side, In My Dreams - Sailor Moon, DBZ, Cardcaptor Sakura, Saiyuki, Gundam Wing, Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi, Junjou Romantica, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, and Tsubasa...

Actively Searching for: Saiyuki Burial (Anything), CCS Episodes 65-67, and Primo Sailor Jupiter Cels

Anime-Beta Annual Cel Contest - Grand Poobah, 2014, 2015, and 2016
Anime-Beta Annual Sketch Contest - Grand Poobah, 2015
Anime-Beta Annual Sketch Contest - Survey Wench, 2016, 2017

Still lurking around Beta, but most days you can find me in the Cel Chat... http://cels-chat.herokuapp.com/ Come Join US!
Also rebooted the FB page, you can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/348416495554600/
JustVan
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by JustVan »

Awesome job running the contest, and congrats to all the winners. The awards look really nice and really makes me wish we could have more sections for images beyond just two on our Rubberslug site. I only made out with two 3rd place pieces (Group and Monochrome), but I honestly wasn't sure any of my pieces would place at all, so I'm content with that. Maybe next year I'll have even more to submit.

For now enjoy your well-deserved break!
JustVan's Cels: Unico, Escaflowne, Ranma ½, DBZ & more.
GuyvarIII
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by GuyvarIII »

Thank you Jadeduo, GoalieZero, star-phoenix, and cutiebunny for a great contest! :yay
I always look forward to seeing the amazing cels that are entered into these events.
And, thank you to everyone who voted for my entries.

I really enjoyed the addition of the Monochrome category. Last year, I was contemplating entering that Sabu and Ichi cel into the Group section. However, I decided not to because I thought it was too old looking and didn't depict a well known anime team. When I saw Monochrome listed this year, I was happy that I had a place to enter the cel.
Yuri-chan
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Yuri-chan »

I am so sorry I didn't reply to this sooner! Thank you so much Jade for doing this! Also, thanks to Cutiebunny and Starphoenix for all you did. Special thanks to Goaliezero for those awesome awards! Thank you to all who voted for my entries! I'm so excited to place in Chibi and Furries. Also, congrats to all the winners; as usual there was so many astounding and beautiful entries.

~Yuri