Annual Cel Contest 2015!! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!

Important memos, notices, and updates from The Administrators.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Re: Annual Cel Contest 2015!! - A Tentative Start!!

Post by Jadeduo »

Alright peeps, here is where we are right now, bold are being considered for the chopping block. And Red are new categories we adjusted or added last year:

Accessories (6)
Action (12)
Background (7)
Bishonen (9)
Bliss (6)
Blood on the Ground (6)
Creepy (4)
Femininity (5)
Funny (5)
Furries (6)
Group (7)
Hanken (4)
Harmony (4) - On the Chopping Block to bring back next year ^_^, Cutiebunny's suggestion, Jadeduo 2nd
Heroic (8)
Itadakimasu! (8)
Love (5)
Maniacal Laughter (3)
Mech and Tech (6)
Muscles (4) - This could be cut as well, but with the amount of DBZ collectors on this forum, we can do better with this category! (I vote to keep and MajinTangerine also votes to keep)
OP/ED/Eyecatch (7)
Outfit (6)
Rage (12)
Shocked (10)
Sorrow (6)
Tomboys (5)
Tranquility (7)
OPTIONAL: A Novel Setup (3)
OPTIONAL: Are They? Or, Aren't They? (3) These two can prolly go they were optional and did not attract any entries really...
OPTIONAL: Eyes On Me (8) - New last year did pretty well... ^_^
OPTIONAL: Posteriors (7) - New last year did pretty well... ^_^

Categories that were listed for last year that did not get enough entries: I would be okay with keeping these if we can get some people that would be like, we should totes keep that! ^_^
Hentai
Worst

Possible new additions:
OPTIONAL: Sexy - Male, Female... Whatever revs your motors! - JustVan and theultimatebrucelee
Chibi or Superdeformed - Need a description must think in this... - JustVan, Jadeduo
Monochrome/Weird Coloring... Those scenes that require you to see the world through a different lense... - JustVan, Jadeduo, Majin Tangerine
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Hey guys. I have been out of the loop for several weeks. Are you already starting submissions? Or will that not start until October 16? I am so confused.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

LOL NO! No entries yet! We are working out categories and the timelines for the Cel Contest Version 2015 ^_^ So if you had any suggestions please feel free to share!

So if the timelines don't work with you Star-Phoenix let me know! I'm thinking I don't need the two weeks to do testing I already have a pretty good system worked out from the last two contests.

So! What does everyone think of having a month to get entries down? Of course please don't beat me up at the end of course ^_^;;
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

I have a question regarding eligibility. Do concept paintings qualify for the cel contest? I am referring to ones that are production artwork, ones that are not "drawings/sketches", but are actual paintings prior to finished cel production. A lot of the American films used concepts that are more like test runs prior to making the art onto cels, but are made on media such as boards (not necessarily paper media like drawings are made on). I could never really figure out how to categorize these.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Hmm I don't know about that in the sketch contest we have a concept art category the question is, is there enough of this type of work out there to merit a category for the cel contest?

Or would this kind of fall in place with model cels which I do think we allow...

Thoughts?
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Jadeduo wrote:Hmm I don't know about that in the sketch contest we have a concept art category the question is, is there enough of this type of work out there to merit a category for the cel contest?

Or would this kind of fall in place with model cels which I do think we allow...

Thoughts?
There was a section at one time with the sketch awards for preproduction items like model sheets, storyboards and such. only "painted" items that were ever in the cel awards was backgrounds and there was some discussion as to which award they belonged to the cel or sketch awards due to being on paper and not on cel sheets. Comic art was also in the the sketch and not in the cel awards due to the same questions.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Makes sense to me, so unless it is a BG, we do plastic only on the cel contest. Feel free to save your lovely concept art for the sketch contest though! :D
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

All exciting stuff! I'd be happy to contribute to the submissions this year now that I'm semi-back. As one of my favourite categories is Hentai, I'd like that to remain but I understand that there might be less pervs here to make up a suitable amount of submissions, lol. Can I enter two? j/k
Best of luck to Jadeduo and those running it; I look forward to participating and seeing everybody's entries.
Out of the gloom a voice said unto me;
"Smile and be happy, things could be worse".
So I smiled and was happy
and behold;
things did get worse...
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Krafty wrote:Can I enter two?
I'd like to back Hentai as well...If Krafty is able to enter two and no one else enters I'll enter one, or two if need(then we can vote for each other for first place) to at least keep this traditional category alive.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

LOL, if we could get Angelic Lair and JWR to enter the Hentai category no one would need to enter two pieces ^_^

Who wants to poke them? ^_^
Angelic-Lair
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Angelic-Lair »

Hmmm? /eyes:

We will talk amongst ourselves and see about entering. Shame that the hentai category was cut before. But now that Krafty-san is back... :vict
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Yay! It was only cut cause we only had one entry..... :bounce /sob /sob
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Okay Ladies and Gentleman!

Here are what the revisions look like so far for the cel contest!

This is of course by no means final, but let me know if anyone else has any ideas? I am also thinking about giving everyone a month to get their entries in! What does everyone think of the new revised schedule as well?

Accessories (6)
Action (12)
Background (7)
Bishonen (9)
Bliss (6)
Blood on the Ground (6)
Femininity (5)
Funny (5)
Furries (6)
Group (7)
Hanken (4)
Heroic (8)
Itadakimasu! (8)
Love (5)
Mech and Tech (6)
Muscles (4) - This could be cut as well, but with the amount of DBZ collectors on this forum, we can do better with this category! (I vote to keep and MajinTangerine also votes to keep)
OP/ED/Eyecatch (7)
Outfit (6)
Rage (12)
Shocked (10)
Sorrow (6)
Tomboys (5)
Tranquility (7)
OPTIONAL: Eyes On Me (8) - New last year did pretty well... ^_^
OPTIONAL: Posteriors (7) - New last year did pretty well... ^_^

Categories that were listed for last year that did not get enough entries: I would be okay with keeping these if we can get some people that would be like, we should totes keep that! ^_^
Hentai - theultimatebrucelee, Krafty, and possibly Angelic-Lair are game for entering so we would have enough for the category! Anyone else collect Hentai who would be interested?

Possible new additions:
OPTIONAL: Sexy - Male, Female... Whatever revs your motors! - JustVan and theultimatebrucelee
Chibi or Superdeformed - Description needs help here I broke my brain! - JustVan, Jadeduo
Monochrome/Weird Coloring... Those scenes that require you to see the world through a different lense... - JustVan, Jadeduo, Majin Tangerine
Villainy! - This category did pretty well in the Sketch Contest this year... Would replace Maniacal Laughter and Creepy -

On the Chopping Block:
Creepy (4)
Harmony (4) - On the Chopping Block to bring back next year ^_^, Cutiebunny's suggestion, Jadeduo 2nd
Maniacal Laughter (3)
OPTIONAL: A Novel Setup (3)
OPTIONAL: Are They? Or, Aren't They? (3) These two can prolly go they were optional and did not attract any entries really...
OPTIONAL: Worst (Cut Last YEAR)

Proposed Schedule:
October 1-31: Submit Entries
November 1-15: Viewing Period
November 16-30: Voting Period
Winners announced: December 15th - Depending on how much time I have I usually get this done early but just in case disaster strikes!

Let me know!
JD
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

I like the Villainy! category a lot! Chibi/SD too.
MajinTangerine
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by MajinTangerine »

Another vote for villainy