Super-Saiyan 4 Gogeta's on ebay. Autehnticity please?

Auctions on eBay
xKAKASHIx
Kamisama - God

Post by xKAKASHIx »

DragonballZSubzero wrote:Thank you all. I was starting to feel like I was somehow out of line with all this. I just think the entire community needs to be made aware of a seller like this.

Most people (especially online) are judged by their past, so further down the road if this sellers has something else up for sale, this should be remembered. Right now it really only effects us who collect DBZ cels, since they were the only ones who looked suspicious, but others COULD follow.
I completely agree i think this forum is at least partly if not a big part to help each other ID possible fakes so none here gets the short end of the stick and wastes a ton of money....ebay has made it easier for people to pawn their treasures and for people to screw over others....

this go for all cels not just DB
We were at the beach ♪ ♪ Everybody had matching towels ♪ ♪ Somebody went under a dock ♪ ♪ And there they saw a rock ♪ ♪ But it wasn't a rock ♪ ♪ It was a rock lobster! ♪ ♪ Rock lobster! ♪ ♪ ROCK LOBSTER! ♪ ♪ ♪
Arrow
Anime Geek

Post by Arrow »

Coming in as a relatively objective bystander who doesn't collect DBZ, but has collected cels for a number of years, I have to say that at first the cels looked reasonably legit to me (although a little too good to be true), but after closely comparing them with the screencaps, the first one does have a number of points where the lines or paint appear to be differently spaced. I don't know what line fading is like for DBZ cels, but they are amazingly 'well-preserved' too. The second one is a bit more iffy to judge, but as it seems highly unlikely that one would be real and one would be fake, I would agree with the general assessment that they are fan cels, and hence people are quite justified to be suspicious of the seller. Sure, they may have no idea that the cels are fake, but given that they clearly already have a relationship with bootleg distributors, I think, as collectors with thousands of dollars at risk, we have a right to discuss the situation in the interests of self-protection.

We only have the seller's word that they have received all of these 'spiteful' messages - one person's reasonable question can be another person's nasty interrogation, depending on their state of mind. If the seller is feeling either threatened or is coming to the realisation that they have been ripped off, it's quite possible that they are misinterpreting legitimate concerns as a barrage of criticism. Either way, I think the idea that the seller should be regarded as the major victim here should be weighed carefully. They could just as easily be posing as such in order to save their reputation. All we know is that they are selling suspicious merchandise for high prices and have a history of dealing with bootleggers, and even if they do have good eBay feedback, selling illegal bootlegs in large quantities is not exactly a shining assurance of good character.

So really - I have to say 'good on you' to those who were vigilant enough to pick this up. It should certainly encourage the rest of us to be very careful about our cel purchases.