Several New Listings - Raising Funds for Vet Bills

Auctions on eBay
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Several New Listings - Raising Funds for Vet Bills

Post by star-phoenix »

Hey guys! I found out about some upcoming vet bills I will need to pay. One is to surgically remove a nail from my 10 year old dog, and another is the remove complicated stitches from my other dog. Fortunately, nothing is life-threatening. But, oh so painful! So, I am currently listing tons of stuff on Ebay for the next 2 weeks. Lots of Anime items and non-Anime items.
Cels, books, toys, etc. Will combine shipping for multiple purchases.
Thanks for looking! :-)

http://shop.ebay.com/fishy-kiss/m.html? ... =12&_rdc=1
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Re: Several New Listings - Raising Funds for Vet Bills

Post by ReiTheJelly »

star-phoenix wrote:One is to surgically remove a nail from my 10 year old dog
One of his nails, or a metal nail? Either way...ouch.

One of my cats has had surgery twice in the last 12 months*; one of these days I'll wise up and purchase pet insurance. For a kitty who doesn't weigh much, I've spent enough on him that he's practically worth his weight in gold. :l

*once to remove some buckshot and once because he's a doofus and tangles with woodland creatures which fight back... :hurt:
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: Several New Listings - Raising Funds for Vet Bills

Post by star-phoenix »

ReiTheJelly wrote:
One of his nails, or a metal nail? Either way...ouch.
My golden retriever was born with a crooked toe that basically had her nail growing upward instead of forward and downward like normal. Normally, we keep it trimmed, but it has always bothered her. The vet said that they would have to actually cut off her entire toe in order to remove the nail completely, which can cause her to be very handicapped and we opted out of doing it. So, now, every 4 months, we have to surgically cut down the nail to the base, which costs $500 each time. Only problem is, it grows BACK and very expensive. She is 10 years old now with severe arthritis. So, that + nail problem = not able to walk well.
So, I am going to raise some funds for the next week to take off that nail again since it is now time to do that again. Not curative, but sure does help her a lot. Poor thing!

My other dog (my adopted husky) we had him snipped. They used biodegradable stitches that never biodegraded! So, now the skin has started growing over it. Luckily, it never got infected or anything. But, I still have to take him in to have it removed (a different vet this time) and that may cost something. Who knows! But, he is doing quite well otherwise. :-)
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by iwakuralain16 »

awww.. Good luck with your sales! I had to have almost all of the teeth removed from the dog that I inherited from my grandparents when they both died early last year. :( It was so expensive!! let us know how it goes.. :(
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

aw poor babies! :l
good luck on your sales, Star!
hope they all recover soon!
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

I hope you manage to raise the funds you need and your dogs recover quickly!! ouch ;__;