Well slap my ass and call me Sally...this is my week for

Auctions on eBay
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Well slap my ass and call me Sally...this is my week for

Post by jenn-b »

PROBLEMS!

I just got a bidder threatening negative feedback - as well as opening a case with Ebay - if I don't refund part of their shipping cost - which I clearly outline in the invoice. Plus, the buyer specifically emailed me inquiring about multiple won auctions. Lucky me...I kept all of my messages. Guess what?? Ebay actually considers that Feedback Extortion. I filed a case against them. Gods I'm so pissed.

Just sharing my crappy-ass day with you all!

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Hi Sally :run

I'll leave the 1st part to your husband.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

JWR wrote:Hi Sally :run

I'll leave the 1st part to your husband.
.....trying for some humor.... :wack

Sorry to hear your having such a hard time with ebay, Jenn. :friends:
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

That's really irritating. I hope Ebay rules in your favor.

I've bought from you through Ebay in the past and thought you were an excellent seller. I'm sorry you're having to put up with crap like that now.
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: Well slap my ass and call me Sally...this is my week for

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

jenn-b wrote:Guess what?? Ebay actually considers that Feedback Extortion. I filed a case against them. Gods I'm so pissed.

As much as I wish you didn't have to put up with this kind of thing....... I admit I'm also thinking "HAHAHA! THAT PUTZ DOESN'T KNOW WHO HE'S CROSSED! NOW HE'S FINALLY GOING TO GET CLOBBERED! HAHAHA!" because you just KNOW that this is not the first time he's done this to someone and no other sellers have stood up to him.

(*hugs*) I am really sorry for your bad day, though. :(

Many Sharp Smiles,
--Drac
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Ugh Jenn I'm so sorry to hear about that. Man people suck. 'roll
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Massacrist Manslayer
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Massacrist Manslayer »

:dban :hitting: :flower Cheering up picture :flower :vict :bny

jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

First off...AO, I know. I did a little chuckle at that - but to be fair, most people here do not *did not* know that I am in the middle of a divorce. Whoops! Cat literally jumping out of the bag!

Second, Drac, it's nice to see someone who fully realizes how bitchy I can get! *hugs*

I did get a response from the buyer regarding my email to them. And let me start by saying that I hate - and I mean hate with the heat of a thousand suns - people that write emails/letters in text speak. Frankly, I have no clue what this person is writing:
This is not extortion I have spoke with ebay many instances on this has well as they have instructed me on this becx I did read your email & understood but honestly you have overchg me for the shipping part; a honest seller can overchg in beginning but refund the amt once find out what the cost is esp using the USPS supplies, so that is not a extra cost.
That is okay what you have done becx you know what you do as a seller is being honest on the shipping part.

Thanks
Elaine
Maybe I'm just too old. Whatever. I'm sure that I'll get six negative feedbacks but I really don't care. I won't put up with that kind of thing.

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
Carla
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Carla »

They knew when they bided on the item what the shipping cost was because its posted before you bid :cucu Tell them to open their eyes before they bid or I would tell them to go suck on an egg :P

Sorry to hear about your hard times :( Wish you the best of luck!
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into
(O.o ) your signature to help him
(> < ) on his way to world domination
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Why do people on E-bay make such a big fuss over shipping charges?

Chances are, if it's on E-bay, you're getting a deal anyways, at least, in comparison to what it would be on YJ when exchange rates & deputy fees are added.

So, you end up paying $15 for domestic USPS priority shipping + tracking/insurance. If you're dropping $200, what's $15? Besides, I'd rather pay a higher fee and have that item securely packed than stuffed into a manila envelope with a simple "Do Not Bend" written on it.

Yes, there are people that drastically overchage, like the ones who would start the auction at $.01 & then charge $50 for shipping. But most sellers offer very reasonable costs. Besides, I figure that most people don't live next door to the post office, and gas does cost money.

I'm sorry you had to deal with this person. I hope you'll let the community know the user ID so we can all block them and prevent other members from having to deal with this headache.

...and if you're still having a bad week, you're more than welcome to use my avatar :)

Or I could bring strawberry mochi to AX next week!
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

Like many people around here, I also sell
regularly on the bay, as with everywhere and
everything, there are some really good people out
there, and just as many a**holes to go along. I've
had many easy transactions, and some extremely
frustrating ones as well [and that's putting it nicely X| ]
And depending on my mood, well, I can get quite rude
if the need arises, which it has way more than once.... :roll:
Most buyers have no clue as to all the hidden charges & effort
that go along with selling on ebay, they just look at
the amount the Post affixes to their parcel :roll:
Hang in there Jenn!! You've got good items and well-packed
fair shipping, tell the a**holes to kiss off!!!!!!! They have No Clue
as to who they're messin' with :P
JuniorMintKiss
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by JuniorMintKiss »

Ugh, the dreaded text speak... I had to read it a few times before I could fully understand what the $%#! she was trying to say. Sorry you have to put up with that. I hope this all gets cleared up painlessly. X|
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

jenn-b wrote:
I have spoke with ebay many instances on this has well as they have instructed me on this
Translation: "I do this a lot and have been spoken to by Ebay several times in the past, but have talked my way out of the @$$kicking I deserve."

How they've talked their way out of getting in trouble, given the person's poor communication skills in text, I have no idea.

Incidentally, Ebay sellers, you can cover your butt in situations like this by always calling the shipping: "shipping and handling", not just "shipping". I don't know how Jenn lists her auctions, because I don't look (I just pay the shipping fee or I don't bid *gasp* how unoriginal of me), but this is something I read a while ago on a page of tips for sellers.

Many Sharp Smiles,
--Drac
Massacrist Manslayer
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Massacrist Manslayer »

The frustration to understand a half finished text/word or new age text -what ever it is?-
Taking me a year to understand what "lol" was, no way trying to solve "becx - esp - amt" are, instead bring out the heavy artillery to deal with the problem.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Hey hey!
THS IS NT EXTRTN. I HV SPKN WTH EBY ON MNY OCCSNS ON THS AND THY HV INSTRCTD ME ON THS. BCAUS I READ YR EMAIL AND UNDRSTOOD BT HNSTLY U R OVRCHRGNG ME FR TH SHPPNG PRT AN HNST SLLR CN OVRCHRG IN TH BGNNNG BT RFND TH AMOUNT ONC FND OUT WHT TH CST IS ESPCLLY USNG TH USPS SPPLIES. SO THT IS NT AN EXTR CST.THT IS OKY WHT U HV DN BCAUS U KNW WHT U DO AS A SLLR IS BEING HNST ON TH SHPPNG PRT.