Am I in the wrong here?

Auctions on eBay
MyBaby
Juuyaku - Executive

no way

Post by MyBaby »

You are not in the wrong. What that seller did is fraud and it needs to be reported to ebay. I am dealing with a psycho buyer right now on ebay over a $20. item. This person needs to get a life.
pixie_princess
Kamisama - God

Post by pixie_princess »

I had the same situation occur recently. I contacted the seller who I am 98% positive is the same one that both of you are dealing with. I told her if I didn't get it by the next day that I would start a report on her. Granted, I paid a few days after she would have liked but I did have to wait for a combined shipping invoice and as such sent it out a considerably short time after I received the total (yes she did open a dispute on me without so much as a courtesy email to see what was up).

Alas, what I received back was a rude comment about how it isn't very fun to wait and the idea that she wasn't doing it in retaliation -despite the fact that her comment was followed by a denial about the very same issue. I won the items for less than I know she had wanted to sell them for. Still she listed them and accepted the money and I won fair and square. I received a refund this morning after opening a dispute stating that all I wanted had been my winnings. The seller had previously told me she didn't need my money. I had purchased something from her in the past, but had to call her out on her listing a copy of the same douga when she was having a gallery offer period and it was visible. I honestly don't know what her problem is. Concerning only having 1 car.... My family only has 1 car. I have three children. Do you know what I do? I ride with my husband to work and then borrow the car. If it's a case of being pregnant... I've done the same then, even with a small child in tow. There have been times when I've even walked a few miles to the post office with a child when I was in my 2nd and 3rd trimesters. Pregnancy and one car are not excuses. I can't tell you how many miles I have comfortably walked when pregnant. If walking is an issue, the seller could always have printed out their postage on line via paypal. I left the seller with 4 negatives this afternoon as I was displeased by everything. If she ever does send me my stuff, I'd be happy to revise it. I do however have a distinct feeling that she'll just open a new ebay account. The one she used a few years ago was Zombie Geisha -obviously not the same one she opened in Spring this year. :l
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

WOW 8O
I'm quite certain as to the identity of this
seller/collector...I also bid on a few of
those auctions since they were really
decent deals, boy am I glad I got outbid and didnt
win any!!! What a hassle!
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

pixie_princess wrote:she did open a dispute on me without so much as a courtesy email to see what was up)
Sellers have the option of having an automated dispute open after 5(?) days. Although I have no clue as to this person's identity, it is possible that she didn't purposefully open the dispute: eBay may have done it automatically.

For all who have written into this thread: I hope you get your problems resolved. I am really curious who this seller is - I'd like to be able to avoid them.
Olivier
Kamisama - God

Post by Olivier »

The seller deserves a negative feedback because he didn't comply with the rules. I don't like the fact that he didn't make it clear as soon as the auction ended that he wasn't willing to make the transaction - for obvious reasons.
However this is in no way FRAUD, as someone put it, because the seller did refund the buyer. People are in no way legally forced to sell an item at a price that they don't like; the US are a free country. Ebay rules are just Ebay rules, they do not compare with the law. Fraud is a legal term.
oxypetalus
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by oxypetalus »

I think I have had a problem with the same seller too. I bought from them through the sales thread. I asked to have a cel + douga copy on hold as I was having trouble making up my mind on what to get. I paid earlier than I said I would and then several weeks passed without a word or a package. I sent a message asking if they had shipped it. No reply. I sent two more messages asking for the truth. I'm a really easy going person and very patient so I don't mind waiting but the lack of response was concerning. A bit later I got a refund which is pending clearance on paypal. I know I paid the same price that they paid for the cel so money should not have been an issue. I would appreciate the truth whatever it may be. Whether it be something like they changed their mind and wanted to keep the cel.. ok fine, things happen but please at least let me know :/

Oh, btw. You are totally not in the wrong. It was a sucky situation for the seller and it seems they just dealt with it in a less than professional matter.
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

Olivier wrote:The seller deserves a negative feedback because he didn't comply with the rules. I don't like the fact that he didn't make it clear as soon as the auction ended that he wasn't willing to make the transaction - for obvious reasons.
However this is in no way FRAUD, as someone put it, because the seller did refund the buyer. People are in no way legally forced to sell an item at a price that they don't like; the US are a free country. Ebay rules are just Ebay rules, they do not compare with the law. Fraud is a legal term.
While it may not be fraud, it is considered a binding contract - an argument that you could win in court. Both parties agree to that once the auction has ended.

And this is a heads up to all of you members that live outside of the US - this is not necessarily the "Land of the Free" like you think it may be. I dare you to find a place to smoke around here! *not that I'm a smoker, mind you*

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

jenn-b wrote: I dare you to find a place to smoke around here! *
Of course she is not talking about in the privacy of one's own
bedroom. You can smoke there all you want. :dsmoke
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

Ahhh. That's what I need. The reason for a follow-up smoke!!

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

:topic

Sorry to get off topic here, but out here in California one of the legislators wanted to ban smoking in your own home. They said it was because the smoke messed up the home for the next person who wanted to move in there.

So...be sure to smoke inside your own home while you still can. :D
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Keropi wrote::topic

Sorry to get off topic here, but out here in California one of the legislators wanted to ban smoking in your own home. They said it was because the smoke messed up the home for the next person who wanted to move in there.
8O Wah! Geez, soon they will start pushing to legalize cocaine as well saying it helps improve the business market in California! Lord only knows they are losing many to other states, especially TX, then cry on why the economy is so bad over here. And is it just me, but is Los Angeles a very self-important city? I have live in California for the past 5 years from San Francisco down to LA. But, it was only in LA where I have had people stop in the middle of the street with their cars to scream at people outside or to use the term "whatever" when you say hello to a stranger (yes, this happened to me twice in the past two weeks, both were apparently college students).

Now, back to topic. I totally agree with everyone else. Just file a case with Ebay and leave negative feedback. I give a 2 weeks grace period to receive an item I paid for in the US. Just because you open a case does not mean you have to escalate that BTW. But, the sooner you get that done, the sooner Ebay steps in. Also, there is absolutely no excuse for a seller to sit on an item for so long after a buyer pays, especially taking the time to write snide comments. They sell an item, it is their responsibility to ship it in a timely manner. In fact, Ebay asks the seller to write down shipping times now when putting on their auctions. So, even turn-around time is part of the contract. I do not know which person you are all talking about, but I have to say, I am rather disappointed to know that this person is a fellow Beta Member and treats other board members in this fashion.
pixie_princess
Kamisama - God

Post by pixie_princess »

ReiTheJelly wrote:
pixie_princess wrote:she did open a dispute on me without so much as a courtesy email to see what was up)
Sellers have the option of having an automated dispute open after 5(?) days. Although I have no clue as to this person's identity, it is possible that she didn't purposefully open the dispute: eBay may have done it automatically.
I've seen the option pop up and chose to just send notices myself since I like giving people a second chance. She actually states in her message that she instituted the non paying bidder dispute. :l
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

OK, is anyone else here wondering who this seller is? I'd also like to be able to avoid her if possible, too. :?
MyBaby
Juuyaku - Executive

Who is it?

Post by MyBaby »

Yes, I'd like to know the ebay id so I know not to deal with this seller, please.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Thanks to those who PM'd me with the info. :) I appreciate it.