Super-Saiyan 4 Gogeta's on ebay. Autehnticity please?

Auctions on eBay
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Super-Saiyan 4 Gogeta's on ebay. Autehnticity please?

Post by Strictly-Dragonball »

Wow if these are real they are worth the price as the sequences they come from are gorgeous! The first one is one of my fav' Gogeta faces.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dragonball-GT-Origi ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dragonball-GT-Origi ... dZViewItem

The lines look too perfect and the colour of his fur seems a little off on both his arms and his cloths seem slightly wrong. I think they are fan cels and I think it's weird they are advertised as both A1 cels with perfect lines, is this guy that good? I don't think so what do you guys think of them?
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

'Love me when I least deserve it, for that is when I most need it'-Proverb
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Well I talked to the seller and he blames the scanner for the colour which I believe and says he bought them from a reputable source so I think now they are real. He looks trustworthy. If I didn't have one I would buy the top one easy. I wouldn't trade mine though for anything.
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

DragonballZSubzero
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by DragonballZSubzero »

Well I asked the seller a question too, so I am awaiting his reply.

But I would agree with your initial thought SD. The colors are not off too much, but those lines make me think twice. They are much too thick when I compare them to my own Gogetas. They are also drawn with some wavy in them, not the confident lines you would normally see. I doubt that they would be so dark as well, even if they are not faded its surprising they would be so perfectly black.

Just my thoughts.
akadro
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by akadro »

Weird....honestly I dunno

When I look at the first one I would say it is a fan cel, then when I look at the 2nd cel I would say it is a production cel, guess it is because of the sketch coming that looks original.

Someone should compare with the anime...

dro
DragonballZSubzero
Kishin - Fierce God

Alright, here is the screen captures against the eBay listings. They are in .png extension because it retains the most quality. Hope it works on here:

I am almost positive now they are fan cels. Just looks at the paint comparison. This is also not like one frame off either, each shot is only one cel. He didn't move in either shot so it should be an A1 End cel.

I could go on and on about whats wrong between the anime and the ones for sale, but I think it is more than obvious if you look closely at points in the paints. However I thought I would share and yall can come to your own conclusions.
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Yeah good point, I know I have seen the first cel in a Japanese gallery, think it the one that got shut down, anyone see that cel before like me? And I knew it was the only one in the sequence so that one must be fake as it would be A1End he doesn't move and I know where the real one is.
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

wuchild1
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by wuchild1 »

Well that sucks, this is the second seller I was going to buy a cel from who has turned out to be sketchy. The seller also has this beauty, with a low starting price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

It looks fairly authentic, but taking a second look, its way too nice, lines are too strong, and it comes with a matching sketch. Just too good to be true. It was going make up for another berserk cel I wanted to buy from someone who posted on animanga, but it turns out she took Nene's money but never sent the cel and has refused all inquires. It's getting harder to trust sellers now that anime collecting as become more popular stateside.
DragonballZSubzero
Kishin - Fierce God

wuchild1 wrote:Well that sucks, this is the second seller I was going to buy a cel from who has turned out to be sketchy. The seller also has this beauty, with a low starting price.
Well I admit a seller posting something that looks pretty obvious to be a fan cel is sketchy, but I don't think that the rest of their auctions should be based to heavily on that fact. The seller has a lot of really good feedback and for all we know he bought it thinking it was two productions cels as well.

I am not saying the guy made these fan cels himself, so it doesn't mean his other auctions are also fan cels. I would say if the price is still low, bid. Just make sure to check it out very carefully if you win and receive it.

But it looks like the two Gogeta cels have been sold anyways. I really feel bad for the individual who purchased it, considering they are worth about $25.
Nelia
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Nelia »

Were his other Berserk cels even IN Berserk?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Berserk-Original-An ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Berserk-Original-An ... dZViewItem

ie:
Who the heck is the blonde chick? My boyfriend saw these cels and pointed that out. He doesn't remember that blonde girl being in Berserk.

Not to mention cels from Berserk are usually slightly damaged (ie: Rarely do they have matching sketches, or are they in such "perfect" looking condition).

Suuuuuussppiiiiiciiiiiooooous.

The lines are shakey, too. Maybe the sketches are all original, but the cels are fan cels?

Correct me if I'm wrong.
wuchild1
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by wuchild1 »

If I'm not mistaken, I think the blond chick comes from the end during the "sacrifice." Although its been awhile since I've watched the end of the anime series and may be making things up, I believe she's the one who "gets" Corkus. The Zodd image again looks waaayyyy too nice to be an authentic Berserk cel. There is absolutely no hint of aging or damage whatsoever, which to me almost screams fake, whether the seller knows it or not. I've checked some of their feedback to find any other examples of the person selling high-end cels, which I see none of. He may be an unfortunate victim of fraud also, but someone needs to say something, because others are becoming unknowing victims also. I know others had asked him about authenticity and he believes them to be real (or at least pretends), but is it alright to not say something to him, ebay, or the buyers? I'm having an ethical dilema, I don't want to keep the person from conducting his business, but this just isn't right!
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Well they haven't sold, the seller ended the listing early and one offer on one of them was declined so must of been fan cel quality price. Look at the paint on the first one where he is turned around, the paint almost seems to override the lines past his ear. I feel really bad for the seller as he probably thought they were real and probably paid a lot for them and probably had loads of inquires telling him they are fake.
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

abclancy26

Post by abclancy26 »

I dont know guys, i have to say that the ebay sellers GT cells look like the genuine artical. I own some DBZ and GT cels, and have a few gems myself. The cels i own are not immaculate nor do they have really straight lines. Theres even the odd mess up on them. But they are all real cels, i assure you. In my younger days, i used to collect cels from japan, as you could buy them for half the cost you have to pay now. ( if only i could time travel...lol)

I think its fairly obvious when someone is selling a fan made cel, there is such a vast difference, if you even have to question this guys cels, then they will deffinalty be the real deal. I would love to buy one, but sadly $800 is a little out of my price range and it looks like the seller has ended them, probably because all the aggro theyre getting.
DragonballZSubzero
Kishin - Fierce God

Well while there is no doubt that not all DBZ/GT cels are perfect, thats not really the point here. The unmistakable fact of the matter is that just comparing the screen shots with the ones for sale show the flaws.

As was stated above, the points in the paints are so off and since this is a one shot cel, its impossible for the real cel to be different from the screen capture. Since they are obviously differently I would say that weighs accidentally heavily on that fact its a fan cel.

Before even going to that extreme, it wasn't certain of its authenticity just by looking at it. But who knows, mabye somehow in some very strange way they are original. All I know is, even if I had tons of money to buy them, I wouldn't because of the strong evidence against their originality.

Oh and welcome to Beta! :D
abclancy26

Post by abclancy26 »

I understand, its just sometimes some of the "cels fanatics" can come across as haters, either because they cant afford them, dont have them or cant get their hands rare cels, so they have to resort to finding false in collectors cels that arnt even there.

Im not sure if this is the case in this situation but, i cant 100% agree that the screen shots and the ebay pictures dont match. To me the are a perfect match, and ive been a cel collector since i left school, around 96.

I suppose everyones entitled to their opinion, it just sometimes seems people go out of their way to cause a witch hunt.
metheus
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by metheus »

Uhm if your screen caps are legit, then I'd have to say their fan cels, to many lines & shapes are off.

Also, said seller seems to be selling bootleg dvd's by the hundreds if you notice:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0125864475
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0125000409
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0125238540

Love how his Naruto Shippuden DVD set has fewer episodes the farther back you go in his feedback listings. Seriously, read through the feedback, read the auction titles, view the item description & pictures.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... llFeedback

Knock-off central, my 2cents. A few legit items in the mix maybe, but eep.