gzvega on eBay - A Bit of a Problem

Auctions on eBay
Kaona
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

gzvega on eBay - A Bit of a Problem

Post by Kaona »

I've bought cels from eBay seller gzvega before, and although he is super slow to ship from Japan even with EMS, I've never had a problem and I have always received my cels.

This time I purchased a couple of cels back in early May (paid for EMS) and now I'm up against the Paypal claim deadline and well, I guess I'm going to have to file if I want my money back. I've sent him 5 emails (via eBay and Paypal) but never received a response. I'd much rather get the cels than my money back.

Everyone I know who has purchased from him recently has received their cels. Am I the only one who is having trouble? Any suggestions? :(
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

oh boy, i was actually considering buying cels from him right now (he has a couple nice AMG cels up). think ill pass now.

thanks for the heads up!
i really hope it all works out for you in the end!
beatrush
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by beatrush »

I got my cels from him recently. Took a month to send but I did get them.

Id say file the claim so you can extend the deadline more and try to get ahold of him again.
Kaona
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Kaona »

I won the 2 auctions on May 6. I only have until July 5 with Paypal to escalate (or close) the claim to get my money back. I used the vega@v003 (etc.) address on file to email him.

Belldandy, I wouldn't worry about buying from him. I've never had a problem before, but not responding at all is just odd. I was hoping someone might have an alternate way to contact him.
buma
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by buma »

I've purchased a number of cels from gzvega over the last year or so and never really had any problems with his service except for the following:
1. he rarely leaves feedback
2.he rarely responds to email

I'd suggest to contact him via Ebays contact seller link first, and if there's no response, escalate your pp claim just to be safe.

I'm sure that you'll get your cels, however
grEenLeaFx
Kamisama - God

Post by grEenLeaFx »

I've bought tons of production art from gzvega. There was only one time I never got an order. It probably was lost in shipping, it happens. Yea it is best to him a msg through the eBay contact, and he will probably get back to you within a couple days. But definitely file a claim if still no response.

Haha buma is right he hardly ever leaves feedback anymore, and he does not respond as often as he should. But he really is a great seller overall, and makes a lot of nice production art available on eBay. You have a right to leave a neg. feedback, but I hope you don't because he is generally good and chances are he will win you back in no time.
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Captain Haddock »

I just got a cel off him and it came quite promplty, took only about a week. Guess it might depend on when he does his post office run?
Kaona
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Kaona »

UPDATE: I tried several emails, and when the Paypal deadline drew near I ended up filing a claim and did another email via the Paypal system as required.

He didn't respond to that, so Paypal escalated the claim. He didn't respond to Paypal escalation, so they credited my account and the case is closed.

While I appreciate getting my money back, all I really wanted was the two cels I had purchased. I have no idea if they ended up going out EMS because I never got a response. But even sadder is the thought they were probably lost in the mail. That is the worst feeling to think they have been sucked up in a black hole and gone forever. :l

I did not leave a negative feedback on eBay, but I wonder if I should (then he might actually notice something went wrong). I do intend to buy from him in the future and I think maybe the language barrier might have prevented him from responding? I don't know, but I do want to keep my options open.
Ronin
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ronin »

Seems like a shame, I've bought from him a few times and have never had a problem, although again he doesn't email much.

Personally in your situation I would leave him some negative feedback, as overall you've heard nothing from him, received anything and have only got your money back by you going to Paypal. He has made no attempt to contact you and you have been left in the dark in regards to where you stand with your purchase…you’ve had Paypal refund your money and he still hasn’t responded back to you. Whatever way you look at it, that is bad business practice and you should really warn others of the potential problems people may run into if they buy from this seller (plus that’s what feedback is there for…and you never know, doing so may smarten up his act).

That's my opinion anyway. Shame about the cels, but I'm glad you got your money back.
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Captain Haddock »

I think you may be a victim of the peculiarities of the postal service. I had a EMS package from Mandarake take so long it was declared missing and I thought it was a right off. But after about 3 months it turned up out of the blue, so don't lose heart completely.