Buying from Italy.... Tracking number help...

Auctions on eBay
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Buying from Italy.... Tracking number help...

Post by iwakuralain16 »

Does anyone know anything about tracking packages from italy?

As some as you may have seen, I ordered some cels from a chick in italy and she has ignored me. UNTIL TODAY. She sent me a tracking number.. it looks fake. Really.

So.. tracking from italy.... anyone know anything about it?
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

You might be able to google the Italian Postal's website and input whatever number was provided into the system. Generally, you have to use the foriegn site's official site in order to track the package.

I would think that the code would either start or include the letters 'IT', as that is the two letter abbreviation for Italy. Tracking from US starts with 'US' and Japan as 'JP'
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

If it's EMS, then you can track it like a regular US tracking number on USPS's website. :wink:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
chibikitty2045
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by chibikitty2045 »

Hmm, most countries I get packages from stops the tracking process once the package leaves said countires. Its best to look up the italian postal system and it SHOULD run into the USPS website once it reaches the US. Best of luck!
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Italy's postal system is kinda stuck in the Twilight Zone. When you send there, if you fail to register the package, the chances of it not arriving to its destination is pretty high. The people who work for the postal system are largely corrupt, and they like to take packages.

That's why I wouldn't naturally assume that you'd be able to look it up on the USPS site.

Italy's post office website:
http://www.poste.it/en/postali/parcels/

I couldn't locate the tracking portion of the site(in Italian, either), but I might have missed it.
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

If it can be tracked on line, you might get results by entering the number here and then clicking on the arrow.
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

You can track packages here:
http://www.poste.it/online/dovequando/index.jsp

Click on the form of shipping the seller shipped the items with on the left hand side and it will pull up an area you can put in a tracking number.

Here is the kicker.

She sent me this bull shit uilkjdf type tracking number... just a few random numbers. All of these international tracking numbers are longer. The only type of tracking number I could find with a short tracking number is for the Paccocelere3 and that is only for within Italy.

Tricky...
Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

Hm. The only thing I can think of is that they may have sent it via registered mail

I used to work for the USPS, and MOST of the time when something comes into the USA from a foreign country via registered mail it has a very short "tracking" number - and it is one that honestly can't be tracked on any website. :?

As an example, I had something come in from a Central America country and all it had for a number was something like R-137.

It was also very slow in shipment time. It took approximately 10 or 11 weeks to get from the origin to delivery point. :?

It could very well be a legit number ... unless they state it was sent by EMS - then it generally will have a tracking code of 2 letters followed by several numbers and the 2 letters which stand for the country it was shipped from.

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

At this point in time I am set on thinking it is a fake tracking number.
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Wolfette wrote: It was also very slow in shipment time. It took approximately 10 or 11 weeks to get from the origin to delivery point. :?
Paypal will definitely not wait 10-11 weeks... Image
Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

RoboFlonne wrote:
Wolfette wrote: It was also very slow in shipment time. It took approximately 10 or 11 weeks to get from the origin to delivery point. :?
Paypal will definitely not wait 10-11 weeks... Image
Paypal doesn't have a choice when the country of origin is notoriously slow in shipping. They may want to control everything, but life doesn't work that way - even for them. :P

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822