Beware of seller : Venez-par-ici

Auctions on eBay
guerrierinconnu
Kishin - Fierce God

Beware of seller : Venez-par-ici

Post by guerrierinconnu »

Beware of this guy on ebay : Venez-par-ici

very bad package, anime cel stuck inside, he tries to get back his ebay's fees after the transaction !! ( litige 8O )

take a look at the disaster:

ImageImage

just one thin carboard and the cel stuck on it...and this was put inside a simple envelope....
guerrierinconnu
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: Beware of seller : Venez-par-ici

Beware !! second account of this jerk is : phoeniiix
Nene
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Nene »

Hm.. is that tape on the actual background and cel directly? If so, that's rather shocking.

Did you email the seller directly to suggest a better way to send their cels? Usually knowledge is the most important thing if they're willing to listen and change their methods.
hgeek23
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by hgeek23 »

I agree that is rather shocking. I'm scared shi*less to touch my cels without gloves, let alone put tape on it!
Follow my olympics journey! http://www.IsraelSkeleton.com http://www.fb.com/IsraelSkeletonAJ
Israel's National Skeleton Athlete, the HebrewHammer.
Avid otaku.
http://www.9000.rubberslug.com
guerrierinconnu
Kishin - Fierce God

This seller is arrogant and doesn't want to understand...
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

guerrierinconnu wrote:Beware !! second account of this jerk is : phoeniiix
From the looks of it (reading feedback on the first ID), if phoeniiix is his 2nd account, then he's also doing/done business with himself -- you can report him to eBay for this if you are sure both accounts are owned by the same person. ;)

I have dealt with a seller like this once, too -- shipped a watercolor piece that was sandwiched between two pieces of thick but corrugated cardboard (which crumples & bends very easily) that were merely taped at the edges, and the piece got bent enough to have a nice fat crease down the middle. The tape around the edges was also peeling off by the time it arrived. The seller refused to take any responsibility, instead telling my husband to take the piece to an art store and have it flattened via HEAT?!!! Oh, and we were to do this on our own dime, too. Yeah. Nice. Needless to say, eBay buyer protection came into play and the seller attempted to thwart that, too by saying we had two choices: accept the damaged piece or return it for a full refund. No partial refunds, nothing. He finally realized we were going to win the case & gave a full refund willingly to avoid the case from being escalated to eBay to decide. He then tried to force us to return the piece. So, we ended up getting our money back, but the seller continued to badger us to send the piece back even after that. Finally, we called eBay and told them about it, and sometime later, he finally gave up.

Oh yeah, and that was over a $35 piece of artwork. Seriously. $35. W...T...F.
Nene
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Nene »

That's a lucky escape, Zerospace. I presume the seller gave a partial or full refund before the case was escalated to Ebay? Ebay would probably have decided in your favour anyway but they usually require the item to be returned to the seller via trackable means in order to get a refund. At least that's how it works now, not sure how long ago your case was. Amazing how much some sellers can kick up a fuss over relatively small amounts though. But I guess if they pack something so poorly that it gets bent and damaged, reason has gone out the window. :P

Also echoing Zero's comment on the suspected double IDs.. it's possible there's some shill bidding to stop certain auctions ending too low after he lists at 0.99 Euros in order to get a cheaper listing fee. And as you say, Guerrierinconnu, if he's sending out cancellation requests to get his final value fees back, he's taking money away from Ebay which they won't like. You can report for fee avoidance; Ebay seem to treat those reports more urgently than shill bidding as they're losing money on those kinds of transactions.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Nene wrote:That's a lucky escape, Zerospace. I presume the seller gave a partial or full refund before the case was escalated to Ebay? Ebay would probably have decided in your favour anyway but they usually require the item to be returned to the seller via trackable means in order to get a refund. At least that's how it works now, not sure how long ago your case was. Amazing how much some sellers can kick up a fuss over relatively small amounts though. But I guess if they pack something so poorly that it gets bent and damaged, reason has gone out the window. :P
Not only would we have won the buyer protection case (all we were asking for was a refund of the shipping cost as compensation for the damage which amounted to something like $6), but at some point along the way the seller also realized this. He certainly was allowed to ask us to return the item for a refund, but eBay's policy on this sort of return for refund only option is mainly geared towards mass-produced items that are not one-of-a-kind, so we felt we had a strong case that eBay would find in our favor, since we were not asking for much in the way of compensation. We wanted to keep the damaged piece, but didn't feel we should have to simply accept the damage. The seller realized that if the case was escalated & we won, that he would have a serious ding on his record & issued the refund before eBay took any action, thus getting himself out of that situation. But he actually thought that by issuing the refund, we were somehow obligated to return the piece. When he continued to badger us, we finally called eBay and explained things, and they looked at the whole case, messages, everything and told us that we had nothing to worry about, that only THEY could require us to return the item if he had allowed the case to proceed. Because he issued the refund and the case was automatically closed, he effectively agreed to give us a full refund without getting the item back. *sigh* What a freaking jerk. We also left him a negative feedback for the lovely experience.

-----------------------

Back on topic -- I have tried to understand why eBay will take action on certain kinds of reports while they do nothing about others. I agree with Nene, they would likely consider fee avoidance cases far more seriously than shill bidding, as they stand to make more $$ off shill bidders. They definitely seem to be more concerned about their own bottom line than making people follow rules. If he's trying to cancel transactions after completing them to get the fees back, I'm sure eBay would like to know about that (if they don't already). He should likely be suspended or booted for it if he's done it a lot.
guerrierinconnu
Kishin - Fierce God

Ok dear friends i'll see if i can do something with ebay customers service ( but it is very difficult to be understood by them...)

the guy has also a rubber gallery :
http://youcanbuy.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

title of this gallery : You can buy..... :o

no comment
Jason where are you ???? we have to fired this guy from our beloved rubberslug temple !! :badass :bawl :bawl