eBay Selling Limit

Auctions on eBay
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

eBay Selling Limit

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

This is new to me. Can anyone tell me more about this...? I've just started selling stuff again on eBay after a *long* time away... and I've got maybe a little over 30 items running right now.
You can sell up to 30 items or up to $150.00 per month, whichever comes first.

Request higher selling limits.
If you want to sell more on eBay we'd like to get to know you better.

Call us to discuss your selling goals
Take some time to talk about increasing your selling limits.
Apparently, I've already reached one of these limits...?
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Re: eBay Selling Limit

Post by graymouser »

I have not heard of that before either. Maybe it is a marketing ploy. Maybe they think you are going to be making a lot of sales on a regular basis. In that case, they may want you to open a store or something.

EDIT:
I am especially surprised at the $150 limit. I put a single item up for sale a few months ago with the starting bid at $2000 (It was a complete antique sterling silver serving set my mother wanted to get rid of). I did not receive any notice about limits even though it has been a few years since I sold anything there. I have bought a few times in past few years, but I can't remember crossing the $100 mark.
Rekka Alexiel

Re: eBay Selling Limit

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

I think it was because I hadn't sold anything for a LONG time. The dude I talked to said that back in 2009 some policies and things changed to include better buyer protection by policing sellers more. When I called to extend my limit, the guy looked at my account, what I was selling, and checked out my feedback rating and such. That was the weirdest phone call ever, even above awkward interviews! lol It seriously felt like a weird form of interview. Whatever. I now have a monthly limit of $5,000 and 125 items. heh Strange.