Dead beat bids

Auctions on eBay
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Dead beat bids

Post by kathpatty »

Has anyone else been plagued with bids that win then change their mind...
Does eBay even discourage this anymore?
I tried to track to see the unpaid mark penalty applied, but cannot find it in their feedback.....?
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Re: Dead beat bids

Post by teggacat »

kathpatty wrote:Has anyone else been plagued with bids that win then change their mind...
Does eBay even discourage this anymore?
I tried to track to see the unpaid mark penalty applied, but cannot find it in their feedback.....?
you're not alone here KP, I've seen more of this than usual,
ebay tends to not discourage anything a buyer does, but sellers need to be golden :roll:
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

I have to agree with you on this as well. I have opened more cases in the last 6
months, then I did in the last 10 years. Its frustrating, cause I am sure I could
have sold these things to someone else. At the moment, I am waiting on payment
from 3 people, don't think that it will ever come, though. -_-
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

Simple answer is the one I've been telling people for a while.... don't use eBay. Only when people stop using eBay, meaning to list things AND to buy things (since if you still buy things, the "professional eBayers" will keep listing), only then will eBay change its policy.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

I've had it happen more these days, too, though more so with items that aren't artwork (DVDs especially, and toys). I've opened more cases in the past 2 years than ever before. It's a pain in the rear, but eh. For the people who fall off the planet or ask to back out of paying for items, I refuse to let them off the hook just by cancelling, and will open an unpaid item case so they get their unpaid item strike. I can count on one hand how many have actually been really apologetic & nice about asking to cancel something, and for those people, I'll usually be nice and cancel a transaction.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

Drac of the Sharp Smiles wrote:Simple answer is the one I've been telling people for a while.... don't use eBay. Only when people stop using eBay, meaning to list things AND to buy things (since if you still buy things, the "professional eBayers" will keep listing), only then will eBay change its policy.
gosh but thats not happening any time soon.........
I dont think anyone is complaining as much as comparing notes and yes, it appears there are more
daytrippers out there lately, as far as selling [and buying] on ebay, its a really easy way to get your
item seen by the most people
[and ditto to what Zero said, its happened on dvds most of all for me too.....]
Animechaos
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Animechaos »

They took away sellers ability to leave negative feedback easily. Had an issue not long ago where I intended to leave negative feedback and all I could do is "report buyer".
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Animechaos wrote:They took away sellers ability to leave negative feedback easily. Had an issue not long ago where I intended to leave negative feedback and all I could do is "report buyer".
Err... uhhh, no disrespect intended but, uhh... where have you been for like the past 5 years? They took away a seller's ability to leave negative feedback a long time ago -- and period! You can't leave a neg for a buyer at all under any circumstance, and it's been this way for quite some time now. I now only leave feedback for buyers once they have left positive for me. If they leave anything else, I won't leave feedback in return -- or would leave an appropriate comment as a positive (or neutral if it will allow me). I also always READ their feedback, too, if I'm at all concerned about a buyer before completing a transaction.

teggacat... we've done how many transactions between you and I, now? :rollin I know it's a lot ... which reminds me.. I have new FMA stuff to list. :D

Side note: I sincerely doubt eBay's going to change any of these policies anytime soon, but some of their more recent changes do actually grant new protections to sellers, which is good. They've somewhat acknowledged the burden they've placed on us ;), which is, at the very least, a start.
Animechaos
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Animechaos »

lol, I've had 100% positive and no issues on Ebay since day one. Just lucky I guess, never had to look into it until recently since I never had a desire to leave a negative.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... llFeedback

But same here, I've never left feedback until a buyer has done so.
Simple answer is the one I've been telling people for a while.... don't use eBay. Only when people stop using eBay, meaning to list things AND to buy things (since if you still buy things, the "professional eBayers" will keep listing), only then will eBay change its policy.
Totally agree, just that it's so easy and quick to sell things there. Just wish there was some kind of competition for Ebay, otherwise they have no need to change their policies.
sinwrath404
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by sinwrath404 »

I have had 100% on ebay too for 7 years until a few months ago some one complained that I didn't ship it ups and I shipped it usps which in my auction it states usps, so they left negative feed back that the packaging was bad and I called ebay and they said they can't remove the feedback since it states that the packaging was bad and they have no way of telling otherwise and the actually told me that I must have packaged it bad, so that seller messed up my feed back and ebay flat out told me after having over 400 positive feedback that I was a dirty liar, To top it off the guy was a re-seller that bought my item and sold it for %800 more than what I sold it to him for, ( Sold for $25, he sold it for $200) it was a lamp and I just wanted to get rid of it, so for sure you have to be careful who you sell to and it isn't even worth talking to ebay customer support about anything.

It is very easy to sell on ebay sometimes....sometimes! unless you get noob collectors that don't understand how to collect something or constantly change their mind Hence canceling bids. I have one now that is hounding me every couple of hours with an email about a game I am selling, I am selling it brand new factory wrapped for $20 when with in the last month the other auctions I have seen sold it sold for $70 or more and this person just keeps trying to get me to lower the price by complaining that the item has shelf wear ( which it looks like it just came for the factory itself) or some other problem. I really hate buyers that don't understand that things cost money and not everything is free, or even buyers that complain about shipping and don't understand that it isn't free to just ship something, in some cases you have to buy $4 or more in supplies just to get it ready and then overseas buyers are really bad too about complaining about shipping prices cause some areas it cost alot to ship from the us to there and what they don't realize the people that charge like $4 for international shipping are mostly companies and they do take hits and lose money on shipping.
I had bought a top hat from japan and it cost $40 with free shipping, I get the package in and the postage was printing on the shipping label and it showed $60 and some change.

Good thing though is if anyone has a buyer that they do not like you can actually block them from buying anything from you which I give Kudos to ebay for letting sellers do this.

http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandse ... ement.html