BEWARE! For people who don't ship internationally

Auctions on eBay
sinwrath404
Eiketsu - Mastermind

BEWARE! For people who don't ship internationally

Post by sinwrath404 »

Hi all, this post is for the people who don't ship overseas . This is ones buyer to watch out for. durc_lin . If you see his bid on your item cancel it right away. I use ebay global ship which on the auction page it states where they ship to, this dude is in switzerland and that is not on there list, so he buys my item then waits 2 days before requesting an invoice, so I contact him tell him politely that ebay wont ship to him and after 3 attempts to tell him that ebay wont ship there he demands that I ship it to him cause he has been looking for years for a ss3 goku which as all you collectors know there have been a lot of ss3 goku cels every where especially in a 2 year span, anyways after pointing him in the direction of someone who has those cels and ships worldwide I sent him a cancel transaction request, 6 days go by and he cancels it which means I don't get my final credit fee back of $12 and he proceeds to leave me negative feedback for not shipping it to him, I called ebay customer support and 3hours later finally got the feedback removed and my fee refunded after having to argue with them. Never let this person buy from you unless you ship worldwide !! EBAY was almost no help at all and almost refused to give me my refund and remove the feedback, so I came up with this little number that I put in all my auctions now :) a big screw you to all the people who don't read the descriptions before buying something and try to get out of paying for it which I had 3 people try that a couple of weeks ago when I list a lot of stuff.

Please pay within two days of auctions end. Ebay global shipping for international buyers so if you don't see your country on the list on the

shipping page then It wont ship there. Please make sure you read the description of the item fully and ask any questions before buying, if you buy

and didn't read the description I will still expect payment if there is no other bidders to offer a second chance offer, sorry if this seem harsh but I

have had 3 cases this past month where people were trying to get out of paying just because they didn't read the two-three sentences of my descriptions.

IF your shipping destination is not on the list under the shipping section then sorry no can do for shipping there.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Re: BEWARE! For people who don't ship internationally

Post by zerospace »

You should be able to set your listings to not permit bids from people registered in places to which you do not ship -- you can set where you ship to be the same as the global shipping program locations ;). This should help avoid issues like these.

That buyer appears to be registered in Switzerland, so using this setting would have prevented you from having this problem.
sinwrath404
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by sinwrath404 »

I know about that setting, but figured it was unnecessary as it states clearly in the shipping section of the auction page where it ships to. The guy was just being a huge dick, a lot of people on ebay are dicks and just want it their way no matter what. I have been selling on ebay for almost 7 years and never once had a problem with any of this until this month and BAM! I had 4 problems back to back with people not reading the description and just buying things based off the picture or living in an area not being shipped to.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

sinwrath404 wrote:I know about that setting, but figured it was unnecessary as it states clearly in the shipping section of the auction page where it ships to. The guy was just being a huge dick, a lot of people on ebay are dicks and just want it their way no matter what. I have been selling on ebay for almost 7 years and never once had a problem with any of this until this month and BAM! I had 4 problems back to back with people not reading the description and just buying things based off the picture or living in an area not being shipped to.
Then, eBay lesson of the day for you: people DO NOT READ. Seriously. You really ought not expect them to, either -- doing so is playing with fire. Yes, of course, you end up being "right" technically, but is it worth the headache? Look what you went through with just one person! Imagine if you sold stuff in any volume! That's why eBay has those settings in the first place. My personal opinion is heck no, it isn't worth it. I use the tools eBay provides because, well, I hate dealing with people who can't (or won't) read! I would estimate that over 50% of the people viewing your auctions don't read more than one sentence of the description or hardly anything else (including important stuff like payment methods >_<) if you're lucky! I get questions that are answered in the description or elsewhere (shipping/payments tab) all the time! If that tells you anything about how much eBayers actually read ...

I've been selling on eBay for over 10 years -- this is one thing that has not changed. It is actually worse today, probably because the mobile apps are popular, and they do not display a lot of the text-based info very clearly the way the web site does.

In any case, not trying to be a b**ch, just saying that it's actually rather easy to avoid these things by using the tools eBay gives you, rather than putting it on your buyer to read and understand if they can or can not make a purchase. ;)