Advice anyone?

Auctions on eBay
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Advice anyone?

Post by majinuub »

Ok so basically someone made a paypal claim that their item wasn't received although when I check the item status it says delivered. I tried contacting the buyer to see if they contacted their post office(buyer is from the UK BTW)but so far I'm getting no replies :roll: . This is the same buyer who was complaining about cost of priority shipping AFTER winning the auction and asking for a more affordable method(had 1st class not have been an option for tracking, I would've refused anyway). Is there still a chance that I can lose this claim for making the package 1st class even though the tracking number is on transaction the details link?

I'm also worried that the person will lose the claim and leave a neg. FB out of spite. I checked ebay removal conditions and it looks like I won't be able to remove it if this happens :roll: . Tempted to just refuse international buyers again :roll: .
sinwrath404
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Re: Advice anyone?

Post by sinwrath404 »

Best advice is call customer support and advise what to do. Since you used ebay then I will say that you should use ebay global shipping for all international orders, I have been using it since day one and have had Zero problems with it. Don't refuse international buyers just use global ship and state in your auctions that you use global ship to ship international and they agree to that by bidding.

People try to cheat you all the time, I have had 5 cases in the last 6 months on ebay with this which is why now I state in every auction in big red letters that by bidding on this auction you agree to all terms stated in the description section. I had one dude tell me that he didn't receive 4 figures I shipped him yet claimed he got all 13 boxes I shipped him and just so happen those 4 figures were the biggest ones in the box, I called him out on it and never heard from him again.

For sure though call pay pal customer support and ebay customer support and report this person. I have had to call customer support 3 times on ebay and it really does help when you are able to explain things to a person, but do it before feedback gets left, ebay will not remove any feedback that talks about bad shipping which is bull crap cause the one and only negative feedback I have is cause of someone trying to get free shipping out of me when the item cost $45 to ship and that is what they paid.
RePete
Anime Geek

Post by RePete »

sinwrath404 wrote:Best advice is call customer support and advise what to do. Since you used ebay then I will say that you should use ebay global shipping for all international orders, I have been using it since day one and have had Zero problems with it. Don't refuse international buyers just use global ship and state in your auctions that you use global ship to ship international and they agree to that by bidding.

People try to cheat you all the time, I have had 5 cases in the last 6 months on ebay with this which is why now I state in every auction in big red letters that by bidding on this auction you agree to all terms stated in the description section. I had one dude tell me that he didn't receive 4 figures I shipped him yet claimed he got all 13 boxes I shipped him and just so happen those 4 figures were the biggest ones in the box, I called him out on it and never heard from him again.

For sure though call pay pal customer support and ebay customer support and report this person. I have had to call customer support 3 times on ebay and it really does help when you are able to explain things to a person, but do it before feedback gets left, ebay will not remove any feedback that talks about bad shipping which is bull crap cause the one and only negative feedback I have is cause of someone trying to get free shipping out of me when the item cost $45 to ship and that is what they paid.
Honestly I would never buy from someone using the ebay global shipping program. The rates at which they are charge are ridiculous, often 3 times as much as it costs to ship regularly. I have passed up some nice pieces as a result of these excessive costs.

When I sell/send stuff I just use registered post. Have used it for dozens of old yugioh card lots I used to sell and some cels and stuff I have sold, never had a problem. Provides proof it was shipped and signature on delivery.
sinwrath404
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by sinwrath404 »

There have been a few things I sold ebay global ship and I checked what it would cost for me to ship it with out using the program and it cost with in a couple of dollars the same price, so I don't see a problem with it. In the case of what is happening to majinuub is why I say use it and ebay handles everything for shipping it overseas.

It is up to the seller if they want to use it, I just don't see any problem with it especially if it cost around the same price to ship it and is much easier for the seller to use.
majinuub

Re: Advice anyone?(Resolved)

Post by majinuub »

Well, I contacted both paypal and ebay. Ebay says that I don't need to worry about negative FB as it shows that the item has been shipped and delivered to the buyer. PayPal reviewed the situation and the person I was speaking with said that since a tracking number was provided, and shipped to a verified address, that she'll escalate the dispute to a claim and close it :) .

I forgot about the ebay global shipping. I'll check it out just in case. I was just frustrated about it as most of my shipping issues come from international buyers. I understand that shipping abroad is expensive and you want to pay less for it(and less usually means no tracking), but is it really fair to put full blame on the seller when your item gets lost? Especially when you made the decision to take the risk in the first place?

Contacted the buyer again to see if I can help locate his package. If there's no reply still I'm gonna assume that either he made a mistake or was just outright lying since 1st class outside of ebays shipping method doesn't provide tracking :evil: .
sinwrath404
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by sinwrath404 »

If you use ebay global shipping then that is even more security against false claims then, that is the problem I have too from international buyers from claiming they never got it or things were missing. I just had a international buyer buy a GBA sp of me and they received it on may 12th and yesterday they contacted me claiming the speakers don't work anymore and that system had new speakers, screen and outer casing put in when I bought it last year and it worked perfectly fine with the 4 games I tested before selling it on top of all the games I beat using that system, so to me it seems like a lot of international buyers try to rip you off. I had one buyer buy two cels off me and ebay doesn't ship to where he lives so he contacted me and demanded I ship it too him and he would not listen to reason so it went into dispute and all I did was contact ebay they read the emails and the auction page showing that the area of shipping does not include where he lives and took care of everything, I was also nice enough to point out to him a seller that was selling cels of SS golku 3 that ship world wide and had better cels than the one I had and he took it as an insult, just can't please some people.

Shipping over seas does cost a lot, I had someone who was going to buy a figure off me and didn't believe me when I told them it would cost $60 to ship it to where he lived and I checked all the shipping services cause this was before I used ebay global ship. I had a hat shipped to me from china I think and the shipping label had I think $55 printed on it, so for sure it is not cheap and people just don't understand that. I have price matched ebay global ship with other services and they charge pretty much the same, so I really see no problem with it. Also ebay global ship doesn't give the buyer the option, they get tracking whether they like it or not. lol.

No the buyer should take blame if the tracking shows that the package was delivered, packages get stolen off door steps all the time, so they should either be there to get it or have some place safe for the mail person to put it, I have hiding place for packages next to my door to have things put in so they aren't out in the open.
Nene

Post by Nene »

Don't lose faith in international buyers, we're not all bad. ;) Glad you're safe from neg feedback, I had a feeling if the claim is closed in the seller's favour that neg feedback can be removed.

I never usually query the shipping cost unless it's rediculous (I looked at something recently and they wanted to send it via UPS which would cost $165 8O). And even then I email the seller before the auction ends. Typically if I pay under $50-60 shipping for a cel I'm perfectly accepting of it. Some people can be a bit petty over that though.

Global shipping program is a bit of a rip-off, it does put buyers off. It adds the customs charges on top so you pay those through Paypal to the GSP and there's no guarantee that those will be passed onto customs and you'll end up paying twice, so it's like paying more money to this company for nothing half the time.

With regards to the "lost" package, I'm pretty sure both First Class and Priority offer tracking in the UK. Try entering the number on this site if you can: http://www.parcelforce.com/track-trace

My purchases from the US have been sparse these last few years but First Class/Priority/Express always used to be delivered by Parcel Force and were fully trackable.
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

Update: Basically the buyer contacted me stating that when they called the post, they said the package was being held in customs and that he will have to pay a fee before it can be removed. The buyer is contacting them again to see if the package is still there(though I wish he did this sooner rather than just open a dispute). I'm more annoyed as to why, when tracked, the package is marked as "delivered" when clearly it wasn't :? .
Nene

Post by Nene »

Yeah that's strange.. I've never had a parcel marked as delivered when it was still in customs. After customs decide there's a charge to pay, they pass it on to Parcel Force or Royal Mail and it gets held by the nearest delivery depot. If they have it he can pay the fee in person and they might be able to give it to him there with a bit of digging. Fingers crossed.