Anyone know this user?

Auctions on eBay
Goldknight
RULER

Anyone know this user?

Post by Goldknight »

The name is Milkaddict. They won an auction of mine, but haven't paid and won't respond to messages. User has over 300 positive feedback. WTF? I opened an unpaid item claim, but forget how this works now. :redhot
I'm just so pissed. The only reason I list on eBay is to raise money. So when some fuckwit messes with that it really pisses me off.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Re: Anyone kno this user?

Post by zerospace »

In my experience, users with that much feedback usually do pay eventually, but I've had some take a week to do it, especially if they've been registered on eBay for a long time >_<. In the past, either opening the unpaid item claim or sending a message threatening to file an unpaid item claim is sufficient to get their attention.

The unpaid item claim is easy... after 4 days have past since you opened it, if they don't contact you or pay, you may close the case (indicating that you did not receive payment) and eBay will refund your final value fees, while the buyer receives an unpaid item strike on their account. If you turned on the unpaid item assistant, it will automatically close the case for you. You can then re-list the item. Yeah, it's annoying when some jerk makes you wait like that, especially if they outbid someone else in the process (this happened to me very recently with a computer video card... some a$$hat outbid a couple of other people and then never paid. I ended up re-listing it and selling to someone else. *sigh*)
Goldknight
RULER

Re: Anyone know this user?

Post by Goldknight »

Thanks ZS! You're right, it's totally annoying. This person sniped it at the last minute. Why do that and then walk away? It makes no sense.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest

teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

I've sold a fews cels rather recently to Milkaddict on ebay, they always paid, one time like immediately the other
took a few days but they did pay, hope it all works out quick for you GK
:cheers
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Goldknight wrote:Thanks ZS! You're right, it's totally annoying. This person sniped it at the last minute. Why do that and then walk away? It makes no sense.
That's pretty much what happened with my computer part -- they actively outbid another buyer or two during the entire time of the auction, and then after winning, never paid, never responded to messages, nothing. I filed the claim, closed the case, got the refund of the fees and re-listed the video card, which promptly sold to someone else who paid immediately. *sigh* I don't understand the ones who snipe and then disappear. I refuse to believe these are all cases of truly exigent circumstances which prevent them from paying in a timely manner. I can count on one hand the number of times a dire situation has come up for me or a buyer (or seller) in all my years on eBay.
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Well I placed the guy on my banned buyers list. Don't have to worry about this crap again. They guy eventually paid at the last minute before the case closed. No message or anything though. At least I won't have to deal with him again. What a jerk.

Serendipity_Collections
Shinigami - Moderator
Shinigami - Moderator

Post by Serendipity_Collections »

Alas I don't have that happen very often. But it does happen. This time of the year depending on where you are is part of the reason as to a delay in payment I am sure. With holidays here anyway. I know it happens on occasion to me just like everyone else. I don't mind a small wait but when you take the time to form a message and they NEVER reply to it that pisses me off too. I think communication is crucial to any transaction. It bugs the crap out of me when the other end drops the ball. ^_^ I hope all is well now on your end.
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I've had terrible luck with eBay buyers recently. What is the standard waiting time for payment? What does eBay recommend before opening a case? How long do y'all typically wait?

zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Goldknight wrote:I've had terrible luck with eBay buyers recently. What is the standard waiting time for payment? What does eBay recommend before opening a case? How long do y'all typically wait?
The standard "waiting" period is the same as it is for opening a case -- 2 days (48 hours). If I remember correctly, it was just last year that eBay shortened this from 4 days down to the current 2 days. I require immediate payments on many fixed price items now, because of drive-by Buy-It-Now button mashers who never pay (but this is usually not on artwork... it's on stuff like computer parts and cell phones) =P. Per eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

And if you're that unfamiliar with the current set of rules for selling on eBay, spend some time perusing the help/info area for sellers: http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/index.html

The rules are complicated in some cases and a freaking minefield if you aren't careful! I feel sometimes like I'm constantly reading up on the new rules and changes, which happen twice a year for sellers (fall and spring are the usual times they announce major changes, but then those changes take months to fully roll out). Lucky for me, being in the top-rated seller program, I get emails and advanced warning of the changes, usually at least a month or more before they affect me.

That said, I usually wait at least 4 days before getting antsy. Some people are just slow. Others have to add money to their PP account. The first thing I usually do is send a friendly "hey, are you planning to pay for this item?" message through eBay and ask for a response within 24 hours. If I get no reply, I open an unpaid item case. If they are an honest person, usually the unpaid item case is enough to motivate them to get off their butt and pay. If not, they fail to pay and I close the case. Most of the time that i'm force to open a case, I end up closing it without payment and re-list my item *sigh*.

;) Good luck, GK!
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I typically require immediate payment on BINs, but when using the best offer method then it doesn't apply. I had also noticed that the wait time had decreased, but was curious what others did regarding it. I have yet another buyer whom I contacted three times with friendly reminders and still no answer. So I have opened another case. These people are coming out of the word work.

star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Just an FYI, in situations like these, you can place a second chance offer to the 2nd high bidder if the 1st one flakes out. But, you cannot wait too long for it as they often times just move right on, especially if it is an item they can bid again for.
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I was gonna try that once the case is officially closed. :D

zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Goldknight wrote:I typically require immediate payment on BINs, but when using the best offer method then it doesn't apply. I had also noticed that the wait time had decreased, but was curious what others did regarding it. I have yet another buyer whom I contacted three times with friendly reminders and still no answer. So I have opened another case. These people are coming out of the word work.
Oh, lucky you! (Yeah, I know about the best offer thing with immediate payment... I usually look closely at the person's feedback who made the offer. Sometimes I let them sit for a few hours just to see if they are serious -- I've had a few retract offers in that time frame). Ugh. All of my listings just ended over the weekend, and i'm glad for it. I'm DONE selling until after Christmas. USPS has started mucking up package scans, and even though they're now open on Sundays where I live, this time of year is awful. I should have you send me a PM with the usernames of your flaky buyers so I can add them to my ever-growing blocked list... >_<
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

We should definitely exchange usernames for our block list. :wink: