Different places, same time, same cel?

Auctions on eBay
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Different places, same time, same cel?

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragon-Ball-Ori ... 2a53acd229

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b175437435

Are they different items? If not It'd be pretty amusing to win the YJ auction and buy the ebay auction at the same time :D Although I wonder even though ebay is the higher price of the two currently, what would happen if the YJA goes for more?
KuroiTsubasa4
Kamisama - God

Re: Different places, same time, same cel?

Post by KuroiTsubasa4 »

I thought I just saw that one recently when it came up on my ebay updates today XD What gives? I have definitely seen cels listed in two places at once before, but usually from a store that has it on their sales page and on an auction page. If someone grabs this on ebay it won't end well I'd assume. The YAJ seller only has one negative feedback so I doubt they have too many bad practices...Maybe it's an overconfident bidder posting their winnings on ebay before they've been won? Though they have 100% feedback too....interesting.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Heh, it's been a long time since I last saw one of these. Sometimes its the same seller, other times its someone in Japan listing the item on eBay with the idea of buying/winning the YJ item and then shipping it to the eBay winner/buyer. With the shipping/handling time on the eBay listing, I wouldn't be surprised if it were the latter. :hurt: When the cel market on eBay was much hotter than it is now, this was a much more common phenomenon.

If I were you guys, I'd report the eBay listing to eBay. Their policy forbids duplicate listings.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

At this point I can't figure out how the two auctions are related either, but it could be one of the scenario zerospace mentioned. I'm guessing the YJA would go for much more than $400 at the end, if its a reseller, surely the person would have some insight on how much it'd go for on YJA. If its the same seller, maybe the duplication was his insurance policy against low ending price...but wouldn't it be easier to just set a reserve instead? And if its an overly confident bidder trying to show off, why not set a much higher price on the ebay auction and take a lower risk on it getting purchased? Guess we'll get a better idea by tomorrow.