$999... Seriously???

Auctions on eBay
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

$999... Seriously???

Post by Jadeduo »

So in my morning Auction crawl I am looking through Sailor Moon and I come across this seller... Like seriously? Everything is listed at 999.00?? Are they trying to scare everyone off?

I am like...

/hmm /hmm /hmm

http://www.ebay.com/sch/gundamcrono/m.h ... 7675.l2562

/omg Seriously what are they thinking? :/
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Re: $999... Seriously???

Post by zerospace »

HA! I know that seller! :rollin If you read the descriptions, they say this:
These auctions are designed for you to make an offer.

I will only be listing this auction once. No relists. One chance only.

Please do not ask me what my asking price is because there are various factors that account into what I will accept and decline. My best advice is to make the highest offer you are willing to pay. If you are worried about only having 3 chances to make an offer, do not be concerned. You can still make an offer to me through messaging me.

And, even if I decline your offer or the offer expires, I will still keep your offer into consideration. Of course, only the highest offer made for that particular auction. You won't know if you are making the highest offer, so I would advise on increasing your offer if you want a better chance. However, it is still up to me to decide if I will sell to the bidder with the highest offer or not. I will only contact you if I decide to sell to you. This only applies to auctions that had offers and ended with no winner.

Please look at the pictures to determine the condition of each item. These were used in the making of the anime and were shuffled around a lot during production, so some will be in better condition while others will be in not as good condition. Please only bid if you accept this.

I do not accept bids from bidders with 0 feedback or less and bidders who have accounts that are too recently created.

--- Payment must be received within 7 days. Please only bid if you can pay in time. UPI will be enforced for non-paying bidders including being blocked from participating in future auctions. Serious bidders only please. ---
He's essentially saying he's using eBay to sell items off eBay to the highest offer (even if he declines said offer while the item is on eBay), too. How nice. I think I'll report those listings for policy violations. :P
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Seemed shady to me... Now that you put that there, that is seriously shady...

That is not how you maximize your profits! I hope no one bids on them :P
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Jadeduo wrote:I hope no one bids on them :P
They can't. I'm fairly certain he set them up this way to specifically discourage people from using the Buy It Now button (they are all fixed price listings using the buy-it-now/best offer system). It appears he's using this system to solicit offers so that either while the listings are active OR after (and that's the part where he's violating eBay policy), he can choose to "accept" the highest offer received for each item. Problem is, eBay's offer system isn't meant to work like this. You don't get to sit on offers for a week -- you have 48 hours to accept or decline, or the offer expires. He says that it doesn't matter if the person's offer expires or the person runs out of offers (you get 3 per item), so this means his intent is CLEARLY to sell off eBay after he's gathered the offers and can review them. The $999 price tags aren't real -- they are just meant to keep someone from hitting the buy-now button and ending the listing before he gets to see all the offers for that item.

Basically, he's boldly violating eBay policies, and as much as I often HATE those policies myself, I wouldn't ever do this. If he wants to accept offers on artwork, he should use the JACML or post here on Beta. *sigh* If eBay wanted you to be able to sit on all offers for the entire duration of a listing, they wouldn't have the offers expire in 48 hours.
bricks
Anime Geek

Post by bricks »

I saw a bunch of these for dragon ball z also. Thats way ridiculous.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161816241128?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Animechaos
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Animechaos »

Sadly they have a few I'm interested in. If they were just reasonable or normal auctions I'd be all over those.
Angelic-Lair
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Angelic-Lair »

We know that guy! Had a couple dealings with him back in the day.

He's not a bad guy, just weird. That said, he's got a seriously strange idea about how to draw attention to his auctions. X_x

Too bad, too. A couple of pieces we would have liked. :(
under9000
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by under9000 »

check out this... slightly NSFW but it made me laugh seeing the asking price...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Dragon-B ... 25acffdb30

i do hate to see it when a buyer gets cels for a reasonable price and then try to re sell it for x5 the amount, makes me feel like they are lost in eBay limbo... :'(
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Yeah that's the same guy... Seriously if you want Best offers post here and RS! Don't do that on eBay it is seriously sketchy looking. And it's sad cause he has a Loveless Rilezu of Yuiko and I adore her! But because of this I would be nervous about getting anything from him.

I get trying to drive prices up but it is not needed for some of the pieces especially DBZ pieces they are insanely high right now!
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Gotta love that eBay lets this go. I see he ended a few of these listings early, probably to sell to someone directly and avoiding eBay fees (they say that the "seller ended the listing early because th item is no longer available for sale" Yeah. Right. ). *sigh*