Wow, that was intense

Auctions on eBay
jcaliff
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Wow, that was intense

Post by jcaliff »

One of my regular sellers put up the first Teddy Ruxpin cel in quite a while (at least a year), so I bid on it along with another DIC cel (Bill & Ted). Holy cow, I don't know if it's because of the app or what, but that was some seriously intense competition in the last 20 seconds of each auction. The first one, the Bill & Ted cel, had me outbid 10 seconds before the end of the auction, and the app let me get in one more bid and manage to win. The same thing happened even worse on the Teddy Ruxpin cel. In the last few seconds I got outbid by two other buyers. I got my last bid in with three seconds left, and it was just enough to win. Seriously, at first I wasn't sure I got it in on time, because it said ended just as I hit bid, but I got the win. It was crazy! I just checked. I won with 1 second on the clock. 1 second!! I wouldn't have been able to make the bids that quickly manually with the regular computer interface, but I also didn't get to choose really how high I wanted to bid in order to get the bid in fast enough, just grabbed the largest auto amount of the three suggestions. I'm not sure what to think. It's exciting, but I don't know if my blood pressure can handle this level of sniping on a regular basis. :D
Image Image
Hector the Collector loved these things with all his soul,
Loved them more than shining diamonds, loved them more than glistenin' gold.
Hector called to all the people,"Come and share my treasure trunk!"
And all the silly sightless people came and looked...and called it junk.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Re: Wow, that was intense

Post by JWR »

Congrats on the wins, glad you were able to get the last bid under the deadline and that it was not like YJ with the autoextend that ends up cost a person in the end
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison