Seeing the same cel listed under multiple accounts

Auctions on eBay
tarakatsuki
Eiyuu - Hero

Seeing the same cel listed under multiple accounts

Post by tarakatsuki »

Just curious if anybody has noticed this? I was looking at Inuyasha cels, and there are a couple different cels, one being an A1E of Inuyasha, the other a framed cel of Sesshomaru, that are listed multiple times under different accounts, for different prices. :-? Same exact photos for each listing, the text description is changed up though. Can't report that on ebay because they aren't going to necessarily understand that cels are one of a kind and you can't have the same item listed by different people. Just can't help wondering what this is all about lol.
grEenLeaFx
Kamisama - God

Re: Seeing the same cel listed under multiple accounts

Post by grEenLeaFx »

Its a drop shipping scheme where the item is on YJ or Mercari and someone will copy that listing then post it for a higher price on ebay. If it sells on ebay they will then buy it and ship to the seller all without having any stock on hand. As you see multiple people do this on there sometimes with the same item.
tarakatsuki
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by tarakatsuki »

I am not talking about seeing the cel on YJ and then on ebay....as stated I am talking about the same exact cel being posted on ebay specifically multiple times under different accounts.
tarakatsuki
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by tarakatsuki »

Posting it on YJ and then on ebay, I understand. Not everybody out there is aware of YJ. But seeing the same exact cel under 4 or 5 different accounts/listings on ebay specifically just seems bizarre.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

yeah I know, isnt it just so annoying?!?, its like that under the ebay Kenshin cels too /wah
grEenLeaFx
Kamisama - God

Post by grEenLeaFx »

Like I said it is not their cel and are posting it from another source. There are multiple different people trying to drop ship the item, so that is why you are seeing the same cel on multiple accounts. People do this not only with cels but many different items and the market is flooded with these people. The actual seller on the framed Sesshomaru cel looks to be on Mercari, but other people are reposting on eBay and marking it up $500 usd looking to make a profit for themselves. So if someone buys it off eBay they will buy it off Mercari and have it sent to their buyer. So they never actually touch the item in most cases.

https://www.mercari.com/jp/items/m17539 ... J6iH7CEC3w
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

yes we completely understand the point youre making but doesnt change the fact that its still annoying and also just wrong :(
makes cel collecting look bad and appear that much more scammish :x
and a downright turn-off to the hobby which is already struggling
tarakatsuki
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by tarakatsuki »

grEenLeaFx wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:34 pm Like I said it is not their cel and are posting it from another source. There are multiple different people trying to drop ship the item, so that is why you are seeing the same cel on multiple accounts. People do this not only with cels but many different items and the market is flooded with these people. The actual seller on the framed Sesshomaru cel looks to be on Mercari, but other people are reposting on eBay and marking it up $500 usd looking to make a profit for themselves. So if someone buys it off eBay they will buy it off Mercari and have it sent to their buyer. So they never actually touch the item in most cases.

https://www.mercari.com/jp/items/m17539 ... J6iH7CEC3w
Ok now that makes sense. Originally it sounded like it was the same person just posting on YJ and then ebay to reach a wider market. I was just wondering WTF it was about because I hadn't seen it before myself.
grEenLeaFx
Kamisama - God

Post by grEenLeaFx »

tarakatsuki wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:15 pmOk now that makes sense. Originally it sounded like it was the same person just posting on YJ and then ebay to reach a wider market. I was just wondering WTF it was about because I hadn't seen it before myself.
Yes I wondered that myself until someone explained it to me. Definitely a scummy practice and frowned upon. It has gotten really bad on eBay the past few years! Before that we had to worry about certain sellers competing against us on YJ just to flip on eBay, but obviously that method is more costly.
tarakatsuki
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by tarakatsuki »

It seems like more of a hassle than anything for the people who do it, and time could be spent making money a better way. I would hope that they pay enough attention to the original auctions and take down their own listing to flip it when it actually sells.
Ginta
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Ginta »

I originally saw my Powerpuff Girls cel on eBay. When I tried to buy it on eBay, the seller said it was "out of stock". Then another eBay seller claimed to have the same cel. Then I bought it from the actual seller on Mercari. It's the Princess cel.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... l&_sacat=0
https://www.mercari.com/jp/u/361965690/
Attachments
Messages Image(3924185578).png
Messages Image(3924185578).png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 2510 times
tarakatsuki
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by tarakatsuki »

Ginta wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:56 pm I originally saw my Powerpuff Girls cel on eBay. When I tried to buy it on eBay, the seller said it was "out of stock". Then another eBay seller claimed to have the same cel. Then I bought it from the actual seller on Mercari. It's the Princess cel.
What deputy are you using? I had tried putting in several links to various cels from different sellers onto the zenmarket site and every single one of them said it was blocked due to having bad experience with the seller not being willing to sell to a deputy service. I figured it would be like yahoo japan where you can't buy from overseas?
Ginta
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Ginta »

tarakatsuki wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:01 am
Ginta wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:56 pm I originally saw my Powerpuff Girls cel on eBay. When I tried to buy it on eBay, the seller said it was "out of stock". Then another eBay seller claimed to have the same cel. Then I bought it from the actual seller on Mercari. It's the Princess cel.
What deputy are you using? I had tried putting in several links to various cels from different sellers onto the zenmarket site and every single one of them said it was blocked due to having bad experience with the seller not being willing to sell to a deputy service. I figured it would be like yahoo japan where you can't buy from overseas?
I was able to buy the Princess cel from Mercari through Buyee.