Question about bidding practices

Auctions on eBay

How do you bid on auctions?

I bid right away, and if I get outbid, I'll keep bidding small amounts as the auction goes along.
5%
I put in a small bid to let people know "Hey, I'm here and going to win this damn thing" - and then bid big at the very end.
27%
I'm a total sniper! I wait til the very last possible second and bid big.
59%
I place my max bid as soon as I see the auction.
9%

Total votes: 22

Nathan
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Nathan »

Hmmm. I have only ever gone for one auction... and put my max bid in...
I have learnt recently though... for sus auctions... that there can sometimes be a "fake" bidder pushing your bid up and up... which is frustrating... So I think next time rather than just put my max bid in... I will snipe... but I don't like bidding against friends... though if worst comes to worst then if someone else really really really wants the cel, they can always ask...
...just one more
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

I used to wait and snipe at the end, but I am in agreement with momma. I don't like bidding against anyone from beta, so I put a bid in right away letting them know I am interested. :) This actually stems from an auction that I wanted to win and was going to bid at the last minute, but right before I got my bid in, momma bid. X| Just couldn't bid against her. Now I bid right away to let others know, then go in at the end with a big bid so I am not outbid. :wink: