People's Bidding Habits

Auctions on eBay

Are you most likely to place your first bid...

...at the beginning of the auction
12%
...in the last hour
27%
...as a snipe
54%
...on a whim
8%

Total votes: 26

saiyanprince
Kamisama - God

Post by saiyanprince »

I do snipe a lot when it comes to cels, o.k. I snipe at almost anything on Ebay if I'm around to do so 8) My dad taught be the fine art of sniping at the last moment when I started my adventure in Ebay, Thanks Dad :D
"These hands of mine, are burning red, their loud roar tells me to, Awww! Why do I have my hands on the stove?"-Saiyan Prince
Linwe
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Linwe »

For me it really depends what I'm bidding on. If it's something that I don't think will get many bids or something I will not under any circumstances pay over 'x' amount for, then I bid right when I find the auction. If it's something I really want and/or I'm not sure how much I want to pay for it, I'll watch the auction until it has less than a day left and then bid. Probably 80% of the time I bid with about 12 hours left. If it's something I'd be really upset to lose I'll come back and watch the end of the auction.

I've never sniped anything... tried once (it was something I really, really, really wanted), but someone else used a sniper too, and I still lost the auction. :( I'll be the first to admit that when I've been outbid and come back in the last few mins of the auction to outbid the outbidder, it feels good that I got the item instead of the other guy... I just don't like using a program to do it. But that's just me. :D
British, you see, useless. I cannot get the equipment.
Dragonball1080
Senpai - Elder

Post by Dragonball1080 »

I usually just bid right away or wait a few days to bid but I rarely snipe

But I think we are all guilty of that at some point.
it's not like your not allowed to do it, so you can't be guilty :P