Steve Irwin "Crocodile Hunter" R.I.P.

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
RalphVboy
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Steve Irwin "Crocodile Hunter" R.I.P.

Post by RalphVboy »

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20349888-2,00.html

'Tis a very sad, sad day :bawl

- RalphVboy
SME
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by SME »

Whaaaaa????? No way! He was so cool! I can't believe this...it was a freakish accident too. :hurt:

R.I.P Steve...you really were amazing!
  • "If us girls can't be strong, then we can't protect the boys we love." - Naoko Takeuchi
  • "Anyone who sees me has a date with his maker." - Shinigami
  • "WHAT!??! Men in pink!? How bizarre!" - Vegeta
  • This message has been approved by Welcome Consumer...got questions? She's got answers. :P
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

No I can't believe this has happened. It breaks my heart so much. I feel so terrible for his family. :l
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Aw no!

I was just thinking about him too concerning that alligator that was let loose in the lake about four miles from my house.

How sad. :(
graymouser

Post by graymouser »

How terrible. He was still quite young. I feel for his family.

Keropi said
I was just thinking about him too concerning that alligator that was let loose in the lake about four miles from my house.
They still haven't gotten it out of the lake at Harbor Park?!?! It's such a heavily used park, that it's only a matter of time before a child or someone's pet is hurt.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

graymouser wrote:They still haven't gotten it out of the lake at Harbor Park?!?! It's such a heavily used park, that it's only a matter of time before a child or someone's pet is hurt.
I don't think Reggie the Alligator has been seen since April 2006. Who knows maybe he wandered off somewhere and is no longer in the lake.
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

That's so sad! I can't believe something so strange could've happened. :(
Definitely a loss.
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

I just heard! And on my birthday too! :(

He was doing what he loved best until the day he died; which he probably would've wanted it that way.

His shows will be missed. :l
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
kamidake
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by kamidake »

OMG, that's terrible. :( I use to watch his show all the time. I feel sorry for his family. I have no idea that stingrays could do that kind of damage though. It's so very sad. :l
"If ifs and buts are clusters and nuts, we'd all have a bowl of granola." -- Stephen Colbert
http://ix.rubberslug.com/
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

I feel bad for his family, especially his little boy. However, quite honestly, I am not shocked or surprised. The guy constantly put himself in very real danger for the sake of a TV show(like the one he was filming called "Ocean's Deadliest"). I am surprised that it was a stingray that caused his death, as their attacks are not usually fatal. But, I guess when one impails your heart, there is not much you can do. I hope this will teach future generations to respect animals and what they can do a bit more than he did. He did raise a lot of money and awareness for the environment, though. I applaud his efforts there. Really is too bad.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Strictly-Dragonball »

Wow! I was very shocked when I heard the news earlier on today. I genuinely couldn't believe it 8O Stingrays are not even aggressive even in defence, they are known as the 'pussy cat of the ocean' because they aren't aggressive at all, so this fatal attack is very rare and very unfortunate: hurt: Their barbs automatically thrust upwards when they are threatened and apparently, it went under his rib-cage and punctured his heart and he died of cardiac arrest :l My condolences to his family and friends, he will be missed dearly.
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

'Love me when I least deserve it, for that is when I most need it'-Proverb
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

I thought at first this was one of these fake news but I saw this in CNN.... I just could not believe it......
Cats rule!
bulma_gt
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by bulma_gt »

/sob /sob I just heard the news and couldn't believe it either! /sob it's just so sad...

but at least he died doing what he loved the most... yet I know that's not enough consolation
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Umm. I'm sorry to hear that, Giannina and I live in Chile.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Ms. Poe

Post by Ms. Poe »

I couldn't beleive the news when I woke up this morning. He was a good friend of a science lab I was a big part of in my High School. We loved his signed picture he sent us saying" Keep up the great work!" We always talked about him and his adventures. He did put himself in constant danger, but it's what he loved most. He did a great part for the environmental community. Through his shows, it helped raise awareness on some of the biggest environmental issues. A lot of ppl see him and may think he does stupid things, but millions of ppl do things worse than what he does on a daily basis. Shoot, I'm always picking up deadly snakes around here without incident...Handling poisonous creatures. If I die...It's what I loved doing best =)! He had a gift, what happened was a one in a bazillion chance O_o! Shoot, ppl pet stingrays at my local zoo. Young children even.

Tis' a great loss. I hope he is cremated and sprinkled over his favorite "hunting" ground in the world =)! Steve Irwin...You will be greatly missed. And icon of my time =(.