I'll Cut Ya!

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
SqueakyGate
Otaku - Fanatic

I'll Cut Ya!

Post by SqueakyGate »

Manga Artist Arrested

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/entertain ... 3000c.html

Does anyone know the details of this story? He had a knife in his car. Maybe this is me being a dumb American but “So what?” Are folks not allowed to have knives in Japan? How can the guy prepare dinner without one? I can’t help but wonder what kind of weapon he had in his possession and wondered if anyone knew more about it.
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

NOOOOOOO - that is the guy from HikaGo. :l
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

I think the law in the US is against having a 'concealed' blade more than 4 inches long. Over 4 inches then you have to have it visible. That's my guess.

Maybe his knife had blood?
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
metheus
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by metheus »

Little something via google on US law heh.

http://www.thehighroad.org/library/blad ... elaws.html

Not sure how accurate the site is but seems like a good point to start from. I had always thought under 6inches was legal. Guess it's 5 in my state.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Compare that to big something via google on US law heh.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
SqueakyGate
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by SqueakyGate »

I belive he was arrested in Tokyo. Does anyone know the law in Japan?
metheus
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by metheus »

Sorry for getting off topic. 7cm, he had an 8.6cm knife.
Death Note Creator Arrested for Possessing a Knife (2006-09-07 10:00:42)
Death Note and Hikaru no Go creator Takeshi Obata was arrested yesterday for illegal possession of an 8.6 cm (3.4 inches) knife, according to Tokyo police. He was originally pulled over for driving his car with the headlights off at 1 a.m., and reportedly said he keeps the knife in the car for when he goes camping. Thanks, Masako Ollivier and Hillary Mader. [ discuss (45 posts) ]
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/
In Japan
If the length of any blades (with the exception of any types of switchblades) is shorter than 15cm, it is regarded as legal possession of knives. To carry knives, the length of blades should be shorter than 7cm. (It is strictly prohibited to carry them as defensive weapons.) If people need to carry their knives, they must be concealed and cannot be taken out easily from their sheaths. Japanese Guns and Knives Control Law is relatively tolerant toward knives which can be opened using a single hand. Any types of butterfly knives are legal, even if they used to be used to kill others by juvenile delinquents. There is an exception of possessing Japanese Katana.In general, Japanese traditional swords are regarded as offensive weapons. However, if they have artistic values, people may possess it under the registration.
http://www.answers.com/topic/knife
monkeyboy
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator
Location: Heading for the 90's...Living in the wild wild West...

Post by monkeyboy »

But wait there's more! Along with the ginsu knife you get the steak knives and the spiral cutter. All this for only $19.99. Plus $6.99 shipping and handling.

I hope the fine is not too bad. Maybe he can say having it was for research for his next manga. :wink:

Member of the Transparent Nine!
RX78GP02AGUNDAM
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by RX78GP02AGUNDAM »

OT: The creator of Ojarumaru, popular NHK anime, committed suicide yesterday.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What you said was either too complex for me.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)