first grade

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
soda
Jiggle Counter

first grade

Post by soda »

I think my son has gone through about 3 trees so far this year. He comes home with more papers than I can keep up with.

STOP THE INSANITY!!
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

:crackup It's so true! And I'm afraid you're just gettin' started, my friend! :D

My oldest just got a funny t-shirt with a sad-looking tree holding a sign that says: "Stop the Madness... No more homework" :) (But somehow I don't think his motivation there is an altruistic love of trees. ;))
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

You know where most of the pressure comes from in terms of teachers giving homework to kids? Parents! Parents are the ones who are always calling us, "My kid isn't bringing work home. Why aren't you giving him homework to do?" Weird.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

blueheaven wrote:You know where most of the pressure comes from in terms of teachers giving homework to kids? Parents! Parents are the ones who are always calling us, "My kid isn't bringing work home. Why aren't you giving him homework to do?" Weird.
You take phone calls at home? How odd. My brother's 4th grade teacher said students were NOT ALLOWED to call her at home, it was "her" time.

Oh yeah she also made him apologize to the class because private tutors are cheating.

What's wrong with you?
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

It would be more manageable if the papers were dated. Many times his backpack is already open when I get home and the papers are on the table amongst all the other papers he has. If I cleaned up more often this wouldn't be much of a problem but it's not my nature. So when I look for his stuff, it all blends together.....

Private tutors are cheating? That's just weird.

I can think of a few teaches in my day that I would have loved to call up if I had known then what I know now. Come to think of it, a couple of the ones at Evan's school would probably be fine conversationalists.
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

It's best if children don't have homework or even classwork. That would save the trees. And teachers won't have to grade anything. Everyone would be happy.
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

I have a cell phone just for my kids to call if they need help. It's on from 3pm-11pm every night.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

OMG! Blueheaven is a teacher that cares.

I'm sorry, but you'll be forced out of the teacher's union soon.

Soon parents of other teachers will be expected to answer phone calls. That would be an inconvenience that can not be endured.
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

My sister does some of her school work online, but I bet that her teachers probably send a lot of papers home too. She's 9 and in the 4th grade.