Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows(Possible *SPOILERS*)

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.

Did You Like The Book?

YES
96%
NO
4%

Total votes: 26

bulleta
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by bulleta »

kamidake wrote:That explained so much! It's really cool that JK Rowling was willing to just sit there and get bombarded with questions. ^_^ Thanks for the link!
You're more than welcome. ^_^

The questions I had didn't get answered though...
Who's Draco's wife? She's mentioned, yet not named... It's a question I was surprised wasn't asked... And I wonder if Neville got married. He's my favorite. ^_^ I assume most Hogwarts teachers aren't married... but still.

I know I read that she was probably going to write a Potter encyclopedia of sorts. So maybe they'll be in there.
xKAKASHIx
Kamisama - God

Post by xKAKASHIx »

Goldknight wrote:Totally off the subject here, but I have to say xKakashix....

I TOTALLY LOVE YOUR SIG!!!!!!!!
thanx...i love the Venture Brothers...can't wait for the 3rd season....id LOVE a sketch of the bothers doing their signature "Go Team Venture" Pose.
We were at the beach ♪ ♪ Everybody had matching towels ♪ ♪ Somebody went under a dock ♪ ♪ And there they saw a rock ♪ ♪ But it wasn't a rock ♪ ♪ It was a rock lobster! ♪ ♪ Rock lobster! ♪ ♪ ROCK LOBSTER! ♪ ♪ ♪
kamidake
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by kamidake »

bulleta wrote: The questions I had didn't get answered though...
Who's Draco's wife? She's mentioned, yet not named... It's a question I was surprised wasn't asked... And I wonder if Neville got married. He's my favorite. ^_^ I assume most Hogwarts teachers aren't married... but still.

I know I read that she was probably going to write a Potter encyclopedia of sorts. So maybe they'll be in there.
Seems like Draco's wife is just.... somebody nobody met before in school. Otherwise I think she'd mention her name. Now that you've mentioned it, it does seem odd that none of the Hogwart teachers are married. Hmm...
"If ifs and buts are clusters and nuts, we'd all have a bowl of granola." -- Stephen Colbert
http://ix.rubberslug.com/
xKAKASHIx
Kamisama - God

Post by xKAKASHIx »

kamidake wrote:
bulleta wrote: The questions I had didn't get answered though...

Seems like Draco's wife is just.... somebody nobody met before in school. Otherwise I think she'd mention her name. Now that you've mentioned it, it does seem odd that none of the Hogwart teachers are married. Hmm...
psh but u know Mcgongall and albus GOT IT ON! they had to lol.
We were at the beach ♪ ♪ Everybody had matching towels ♪ ♪ Somebody went under a dock ♪ ♪ And there they saw a rock ♪ ♪ But it wasn't a rock ♪ ♪ It was a rock lobster! ♪ ♪ Rock lobster! ♪ ♪ ROCK LOBSTER! ♪ ♪ ♪
kamidake
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by kamidake »

xKAKASHIx wrote:
LOL! Somebody actually asked JK ROwling that question, and the answer was actually No, they were never "involved." She was quite appalled that someone even made that suggestion. XD
"If ifs and buts are clusters and nuts, we'd all have a bowl of granola." -- Stephen Colbert
http://ix.rubberslug.com/
almathea
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by almathea »

Hi There ^^

Well I'm not a native English speaker (obvious, isn't it?) but I read the final book in 3 days! I just couldn't stop reading... and crying too. So much death, so much desperation... But also such an epic tale!
It was just grand!
*Huge fan forever*

Ms. Poe I agree with you as to my favourite characters...
But I love the way Rawlings wrote the end: intense emotions written in the most simple way: just a nod of the head beside a train or a name given to a child...

I just can't understand how she succeeded in writing such a book in so few pages. When I try to tell the story to my boyfriend (he hates reading), I wonder "What? Have I really read so much things in this book???"

Today I went to watch the 5th movie and I can't really say what I think about it. I was just thinking "nooo, he's gonna die at the end" or "I wonder what will be her life after this?". Anyway, I'm not fond of the movies! The first 2 were crap (sorry for the ones who like them), the others are nice to watch but there's allways a lack of magic, of feeling. Harry Potter is a book you really imagine in your head when you read it. And one's magic is not the other's.
Take Sirius in the last movie: appart showing how nice he is in doorways... (:D) What else do you remember about him? I didn't feel his need to be of use, nor his intense pleasure when -at last!- he can fight.

The only thing I DO love in the movies is Severus. Ok, Alan Rickman doesn't look like the character's description in the books, but he's such a talented actor *drools*

Thank you for bringing the subject here. I don't know many people in Belgium who dare to read in English and none of them has finished reading the latest opus... I needed so much to talk about it.

If I have a son one day, do you think he'd hate me if I name him Snape??? :D
Little rock make huge mountains...
xKAKASHIx
Kamisama - God

Post by xKAKASHIx »

kamidake wrote:
xKAKASHIx wrote:
LOL! Somebody actually asked JK ROwling that question, and the answer was actually No, they were never "involved." She was quite appalled that someone even made that suggestion. XD

psh....what does JK know? she prolly had a memory charm put on her lol