Which would you choose?: Internet vs. Cellphones

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.

If you had to choose between the internet and your cell phone, which would you choose?

The internet, baby
96%
My cellphone *snuggles*
4%
I hate technology
No votes

Total votes: 51

syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

Totally
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

syan wrote:I already "email" out of work instead of calling out.
Cool! So do I! :D In fact, I do more talking via email for work than phone calls. But I do have a work phone if I really need to use it.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Majin_Vegeta_2028
Senpai - Elder

Post by Majin_Vegeta_2028 »

id keep the net :)
after years of teasing, i just recently got a cell phone, and dont really care for it much

"He has stolen my honor, and his debts must be paid!"
- Majin Vegeta

"... I'm going to verify my exsistence.."
- Gaara

"Beneath the courageous, there is nothing."
- Kakashi
Ronin
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ronin »

RoboFlonne wrote:Very soon cellphones will be replaced just like beepers were, but the internet will still be well and alive. Image

In 10 years, no one will have cellphones.
What are you basing this moronic accusation on??

For me I think I'd keep my phone, so I can keep in contact with my local friends...I use both the internet and my phone alot in my life, to be honest I wouldn't want to choose...it's very difficult.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

As someone who travels a lot, I appreciate my cell phone. Talk about a potential life-saver during an emergency!

But for day-to-day life, I can live without my cell. Not having internet is much more difficult for me...
lcatino
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by lcatino »

I agree with you RTJ. I have needed to call AAA countless times from my car breaking down on the highway, so I would not want to travel without my phone, but when I'm home, I'd rather be online chatting than talking on the phone.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I'm glad we agree. You and your you RTJ.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Carla
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Carla »

I can't live without the internet :D

I don't even have a cel phone anymore they just drive me :nuts
usamamo
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by usamamo »

Mobiles are not my friends.
" I'm Usagi Tsukino, 16 years old...in the first year of high school. I'm a bit rash and a crybaby...but, I'm actually an agent of love and justice....pretty Sailor Soldier, Sailor Moon"
Xelloss
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Xelloss »

That was an incredibly simple question for me. My hearing sucks and phones are a struggle... I'll take the internet any day. Plus, there's always video chat on-line.

And technically, a good hand-held computer with microphone, speakers, and wireless built in will function as well as a cell-phone in many places - especially if you go for the satellite option for wireless communication. With the way technology is going, voice over ip options, etc... it wouldn't surprise me if the term "cell-phone" is eventually dropped and we're all using wireless PDAs.

- Karen
crackpot27
Location: My GPS is telling me to turn and there is no road...

Post by crackpot27 »

I don't really use my cellphone X| I'm the idiot who forgets to bring it, and I seldom use it when I do have it :^^: The internet however is one of my many couch potato hobbies and I would sorely miss it, I would cry rivers if I my D Gray Man fix was haulted :hitting:
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Too easy. Internet, hands down. :D I used about 30 of my 600 minutes last month . . . :( Sent a bunch of texts, though.
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Ronin wrote:
RoboFlonne wrote:Very soon cellphones will be replaced just like beepers were, but the internet will still be well and alive. Image

In 10 years, no one will have cellphones.
What are you basing this moronic accusation on??
Cellphones are being replaced as we speak...

PDA's etc... Basically as computers get smaller, they will eventually replace the cell phone. We already type on our "phones"

Traditionally you're not supposed to surf the web and type on phones.

I'd say within 10 years we'll all have mini-computers. Someone would have to give it a cooler name though.
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

I hate phones and I hate talking on the phone. Don't get me wrong, I love my cell phone but in general, I'm not fond of the telephone. With dropped calls, a congested network, static and irresponsible drivers, phones irritate me on a daily basis. At least with the internet, you can place a very large and very comfortable buffer between you and others.
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
Golden Boy

Post by Golden Boy »

wELCOME cONSUMER wrote:I hate phones and I hate talking on the phone. Don't get me wrong, I love my cell phone but in general, I'm not fond of the telephone. With dropped calls, a congested network, static and irresponsible drivers, phones irritate me on a daily basis. At least with the internet, you can place a very large and very comfortable buffer between you and others.

Oh! That's why you don't call me! :P

gb :wink: