Upcoming movies, love/hate?

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
moonrabitt
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Upcoming movies, love/hate?

Post by moonrabitt »

Behold the age of REMAKES...and yet some stuff looks interesting like:

Blood +
Love action!!! Coming out= 2008 (no date set yet)

Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea (Studio Ghibli)
Others are sequels that I hope can be as good (or at least good enough to watch like:

The mummy 3 Coming out= 2008 (no date set yet)
(Though I'm saddened that the leading lady is not the girl from the last 2 movies)

Saw 4....
Night at the Museum (2 May 22, 2009)
The Jetsons....

Speed Racer -I hope it's good!!!

And well..that's all that I can think of...
So here are some questions I pose:
1).What movies do you NOT want to be remade?
2).What are you looking forward to?
3).and just add a comment here.......

I for one LOVED Night at the Museum....I just wonder how they are going to follow that up..I mean the story was great...

I also loved Ace Ventura 1 and 2, but I hope that Ace Ventura 3 does not end up like the Mask 2 :hurt:
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Iron Man

Astro Boy

Battle of the Planets (Gachaman)

Even though some I might be inclinded to wait till dvd on the anime related ones, I'll most likely check out in the theater those based on the premise that if they don't do well in theatrical release it might hamper other live action movies being based on our favortite works.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

I am actually looking forward to Saw V. The last one left off on a good cliffhanger, and I have a good idea what will happen in the next film to tie it all up. Very underrated series of films with good storytelling and creative ways to dispatch people.

The Dark Knight is the one I cannot wait to see. From all accounts, it could be one of the best comic book movies ever made.

As Joe said, Iron Man will be huge. What perfect casting. An arrogant, drunken, egotistical millionaire...and he's playing Tony Stark! All kidding aside, Downey is a great actor and this could be the film that vaults him back to the top.

Other films I am looking forward to...

Indiana Jones 4
Star Trek
Prince Caspian
Hancock
James Bond
HP and the Half Blood Prince(anyone else stoked that the director is going to do Deathly Hallows right and break it into two 2.5 hour films?)
The X-Files
Burn After Reading

As for movie remakes I am not looking forward to...

Prom Night - God help us.

Speed Racer has a 50/50 shot. Right now, it seems to have kept enough of a campy edge to make it watchable.

Not looking forward to Get Smart. How can you top Don Adams?
Last edited by blueheaven on Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

For the Latin deprived, "Who watches the Watchmen?"

Yeah, definitely my first must see of 2009.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL!!!

May 22nd

Enough said. :dgrin
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sugarcels »

Waaaiiittt a minute... the Jetsons?! I never heard about that one 8O Live action? Cartoon?

The only thing I'm focusing on is Indiana Jones :D
toonybabe

Post by toonybabe »

They are remaking The Hulk again, and this time Ed Norton is playing Banner. I gotta see that...

I absolutely HATED how the Inspector Gadget and Scooby Doo live action movies turned out (except for Matthew Lillard's performance as Shaggy -that was cool). If I ever go into filmmaking I am re-doing them LOL.

Also they are thinking about making a live action version of the Last Unicorn. It could be really good if they do it right, but right now its in pre-production hell. I would like to see Zach Braff or James McAvoy play Schmendrick the Magician.

They are also trying to make Atlas Shrugged into a movie. Right now they are looking at Angelina Jolie to play Dagny Taggart and Brad Pitt to play John Galt. If this happens I will boycott the movie and personally deliver 100 sympathy cards to Ayn Rand's grave.

Also, if they actually try to do a good job, I would like to see another Neverending Story. The first movie just covered the first half of the book, and all of the sequels have been crap with not much of a connection to the original story.

And they definately need to make an awesome 3-D movie of Sonic the Hedgehog. I wouldn't like it unless it had the SatAM/Archie Comics characters in it. It would only be worth it if the story and animation is good.

It would be cool if a Tale of Two Cities was made into a movie - its a epic, cinematic novel with a beautiful story so it would be a great movie if someone was up to it.

A funky, modern remake of Thank God Its Friday would be funny...

And I am always looking forward to the Harry Potters too.
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

definitely these...
coraline
where the wild things are

films that i hope make it to america this year:
10 nights of dreams
argentine hag

and these (already mentioned...):
ponyo on a cliff, blood +, and astro boy

as for the last unicorn remake, the live action production ( http://www.the-last-unicorn.net) is dead. not sure if it'll get made at this point. as for an animation-remake, i pray every night. :wink:
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I'm waiting for the Star Trek movie mainly. I read the trekmovie.com website each day and keep getting hyped over the news from it:

http://trekmovie.com/

I'm also waiting for Dark Knight, Iron Man and the second Hulk movie.
foreverlostandfaded
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by foreverlostandfaded »

Personally there hasnt been any good movies lately, Across the Universe was pretty good... but for upcome, Speed Racer looks terrible, umm Watchmens going to be good but thats not for a long time, hmm, Iron man might be good, Im personally pumped for Forbidden Kingdom cuz i love jackie chan and jet li, Harold and kumar oh yah! Other then that, hmmm ha, movies these days seem to be just remakes of something thats already been done a thousands times.
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

Last edited by transmet on Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
genomexec
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by genomexec »

Not really looking forward to Watchmen or Where the Wild Things are... neither seems like good material for a film, to me, I'm not a big fan of either director...

On the other hand, I am looking forward to Burn After Reading, Star Trek, Pineapple Express, Vicky Christina Barcelona, Red Cliff, Achilles to kame, and wayyyy in the future, Limits of Control (which will be a long time coming, probably).
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

was looking forward to harold and Kumar... it is out now. i will go see it tomorrow. AAAAH 8) I loved the first one. LOL
moonrabitt

Post by moonrabitt »

Prom night seems to be doing well in the theaters...is it any good????
--------------------------
Info on the Jetsons movie
In May 2007, director Robert Rodriguez entered talks with Universal Studios and Warner Bros. to film a live action film adaptation of The Jetsons. He had also met with Universal Studios to direct a film adaptation of Land of the Lost. Rodriguez was uncertain which project he would pursue next, though the latest script draft for The Jetsons by Adam Goldberg was further along in development.[2]
-the film is probably in Limbo,.........
I also want to watch harold and Kumar. and Ironman
And the X-files movie 2, my friend was a die-hard-fan...and she said "One day they will make another movie" I said...
"Sure..." and they did!!