What modern women want...

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
transmet
Senpai - Elder

What modern women want...

Post by transmet »

I've always been curious as to why women nowadays seem to prefer men who have more physically distinct feminine characteristics -
especially in the facial region as many of the girls' favorite male anime characters tend to exhibit. Well, I came across an interesting
article in bio-medicine.org entitled "Women Read Men’s Faces Quite Accuratel(y)". Here's some excerpts:

"Evolutionary biology researchers at the University of Newcastle claim that a man's sex appeal probably lay in his cheeks.

Scientists at the University of St Andrews have conducted tests that seem to reveal that the modern woman prefers a man
in touch with his feminine side. A computer generated face that was created as a combination of several attractive features
of appeal among women has revealed to be surprisingly un- masculine, with no sign of facial hair or ‘rugged’ square-jawed
features. Rather it had characteristically female features such as smooth skin, a rounded jawline and large eyes. It is
believed that women judge such men to be a more honest and faithful partner, more able to express their emotions –
for many, the ‘ideal man’. Strongly masculine features are considered threatening and less attractive, but women still want
some combination involving masculine features because they want dominance, too."

Oh God, my head starts to spin a little on that last point. I actually think I was more confused than ever until I read the last sentence.

"Yet all said and done women's assessment of masculine appearance is still culturally governed with good career prospects
and six figure incomes conveniently overriding most negative parts of (m)ale appeal."

:crackup

Well, there it is.
Kero
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Kero »

I guess there may be something in the metro movement!
ginga123
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by ginga123 »

cheeks? very interesting. :) what happened to judging personality?
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant
Linwe
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Linwe »

Uhh... I like men that look masculine and have facial hair... does that mean I'm not modern?
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

And men think we're difficult to figure out? Pshyah, I say!
ginga123
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by ginga123 »

my man is of mixed descent and has a rounded face, with facial hair--- i guess i'm modern/non-modern??
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant