What's your cel collecting pet peeve?

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

When a retailer/seller sells a cel then openly offers the matching douga/genga as a separate sale at a later date. :evil:
MGarza145
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by MGarza145 »

What I find annoying is when I never receive a response from someone when they're having a sale here on beta. Especially when I see that the message has already been read. I mean, at least turn me down politely in a reply.
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by iwakuralain16 »

MGarza145 wrote:What I find annoying is when I never receive a response from someone when they're having a sale here on beta. Especially when I see that the message has already been read. I mean, at least turn me down politely in a reply.
I am guilty of doing this! I have a habit of reading messages while im at work and then I get a call and don't come back to replying. (I work in a call center lol).

My pet peeve... when people announce they are quitting cel collecting and sell almost everything they have or try... and then start buying a month later. I guess i just find that kinda strange is all...
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Mine is collectors thinking they are entitled to a cel because everyone knows they are the biggest fan of *insert character & series*. The reality is the person with the deepest pockets wins.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I admit that these bother me far more than they should: :D

1. I don't like it when I lose an auction for less than half of my maximum bid. For some reason that bothers me.

2. I don't like it when I have to go to bed 8PM because have to wake up at 2:30AM for work and something that I want gets posted right after I went to sleep.

3. I dislike it when items that are bought get deleted from view immediately. I can't tell what was there earlier so I assume that what's left isn't as good as what sold earlier. So I feel less inclined to buy from the batch.

4. I dislike sellers who add a mismatched background to a cel simply to make more money from it and then claim they don't know if the background matches.

5. I dislike rival bidders who win auctions 87 percent of the time against everyone else and can spend $10,000 US a year on cels from the same series that I'm interested in. :P

I think those were my biggest sources of irritation through the years. They don't bother me as much they used to though. I have bigger things to worry about than my hobbies.
beatrush
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by beatrush »

My 2 biggest pet peeves aside from some of the things already mentioned are:

1 - Sellers not telling you if the cel they are selling to you is damaged when ask about it.

2 - Deputy internal bidding. By the time I get the email informing me I have been outbidded internally, the auction is long over and there is nothing I can do about it.
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

momo wrote:If I had a close second peeve it is when people keep saying I will create a gallery... but YEARS later never make time to do it. Isn't it true we are all busy, but we do MAKE time for what is important to us, right? So then for those who keep claiming they "want" or "need" to create a gallery, I wonder are you being truthful?
Lol... Ironically, one of my peeves is the constant pressure to create a gallery. No wonder you run into people who say that they want or need to do so; the term 'black hole collector' was coined as an insult! Sure it's nice to look at cels - but since when are people obligated to post their personal possessions on line??
duotrouble wrote:Mine is collectors thinking they are entitled to a cel because everyone knows they are the biggest fan of *insert character & series*. The reality is the person with the deepest pockets wins.
Amen. I'm annoyed by people who carry on endlessly and publicly when they lose out on something that they wanted, as though it was theirs by right. Meh. We all win some and lose some.
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

Double post! (Also annoying. :P)
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

my peeve is when sellers say their desperate for cash. they dont hide or specify what item they wont part with unless you offer a lot of money for it. then when you offer they wont sell, which is irratating since they sobbed they need cash.
graymouser

Post by graymouser »

Keropi wrote:4. I dislike sellers who add a mismatched background to a cel simply to make more money from it and then claim they don't know if the background matches.
This really bothers me too. It's a rather flaky/deceptive way of doing business. I hate to think about people potentially getting ripped off by these guys. It is to the point that not only does it hurt the buyers, but I think that it also hurts sellers with real setups. Now every auction with a background has to viewed with much more suspicion.

I am also annoyed by deputy internal bidding/snipping. It's enough of a pain to deal with sniping on ebay and bid walkers on YJ. Deputy internal bidding just seems to provide the worst of both worlds in the same auction.
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

Like mentioned earlier, dealers who take poor care of their merchandise and not mention any damage to the cels such as paint loss.

Internal bidding - I've been outbid internally in the past and it doesn't bother me, but when you're already using one deputy to win the auction then outbid your competition with their deputy to insure victory, it's kinda sad and pretty pathetic to me :roll: .
'
Like stated earlier, sellers who sell the cel/matching sketch in different auctions and times.

Cels/sketches that have been on auction sites for years without a hint of a price drop. I hate this mostly because it clutters up the search. If after 2+ years the item hasn't sold at the asking price, then chances are it never will.
Golden Boy

Post by Golden Boy »

Most of the good pet peeves have already been mentioned. The only other pet peeve I can think of is the deputy's adjusted yen rate.
HotIce
Senpai - Elder

Post by HotIce »

My biggest pet peeve is either as as a buyer I send a request about a cel, and a seller tells me I'm looking to get $200, and I'll say I can only go as high as $175... and NEVER get a response back. A simple response would be nice.

OR

As a seller and someone asks about a cel, and I will tell them I want $200 for the cel, they come back with $150, then I meet in the middle with $175... and the replies STOP... if you don't want to pay that much then let me know, or if you need to think about it for a day or whatever then let me know. It is really frustrating to me when I have multiple inquires on a certain cel, and I try to be fair in that 1st come 1st serve basis. >_<
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Oh, interesting topic! Here are my pet peeves I collected over the years.

1. Buying a cel for top dollar, then a 2nd one pops up for half the price.

2. Getting offers by people for your cels for 1/10 of the price you pay for AFTER you tell them what you pay for (as in I have been offered $50 for a $500 cel before after I told them I paid that much for it).

3. Buying a sketch set with "50 sketches" and you receive one actual sketch, and the rest are just pieces of paper or many many partial. I HATE PARTIALS! I mean, I will seriously sell every sketch in my gallery if I end up with one partial just to get rid of it. I don't knwo why, but I cannot handle partials. Just one of those things.

4. Regret. My biggest pet peeve is buying something and straight away regretting it because of one reason or another. I do not get this problem very often these days since I don't have much money and have been VERY VERY picky as a result.

5. Being sniped. Boy do I wanna pull a Mike Tyson on people's ear lobes sometimes when I get sniped (no, not really, but I do grumble for a while). :-)
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Captain Haddock »

Well there is quite a simple one that really grates on me, which is when I buy a cel from a dealer and then they literally a couple of days later do an update of the same series I've just bought from. Now I know it's good for them to shift old stock, but at the same time they lose out because there have been times I would have stumped up a little more for one of their update items. There's no way they can't have known they had new stuff coming in, so it's plain they're just banking on me buying yet more. Ha ha maybe they're used to dealing with people with alot more money! :hurt: