URGENT - problem with the seller shilocklive on EBAY - LOL

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Minouche
Otaku - Fanatic

URGENT - problem with the seller shilocklive on EBAY - LOL

Post by Minouche »

Hi everyone,

hope some of you will read this entire long post to react.
I bought this auction some days ago :

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEAFB:IT

As you can see, the seller says that he sends the item worldwide.
As you can see, the seller says that he will add 5% for paypal fees.
As you can see, the seller says that the cel is an A1end key cel
As you cen see, finally, there is nothing more interesting...

BUT -__-'

here is what it happened AFTER the end of the auction.

The seller contact me 4 times in the same day to tell me that I had to pay NOW, otherwise he will sell the cel to another person, outside ebay. Moreover, he sends me the total amount of the bill : 637 USD, so 127 USD for the "fees"...

I immediately contacted him to know what is this ??

He told me basically that there was 80 USD for handling and going to the post.. basically. I negociated and obtain that that bill would be finally 620.. As I wanted the cel, I paid.

-------------->

This morning, I received the package with the cel and you know what ?

1 : the cel is labeled A5
2 : this is not a key cel
3 : the cel is stuck to the unmatching bg
4 : the shipping fees is written, and without tracking number : 15,80 USD

The guy is living in Canada.

I sent him many emails today, trying to arrange the thing. I just want to keep the cel, because it was cheap, but, I want to get the 80 USD that I overpaid back. He do not want it, he just ran away from his responsabilities and told me that I had to pay this because he sends the cel international, which was not written in the auction.

So I contacted ebay paypal and mandarake to tell them that he tries to swindle the cel collector and add some money on the bill as he wants. The other person who bought from him the SSJ2 gohan had the same problem.

That's it, I wanted to tell you : beware of him and his pitiful little skulldugeries.

I can if you want more proofs ctrl+c / ctrl+v all the emails I sent him and give you his name address and hotmail if you have the same problem with him. ebay nickname : shilocklive.

:hurt:
"When you want it, you can do it. If you can't do it, you have to !"

Minouche, White mage part time
http://minouche.rubberslug.com
redhusky3
Anime Geek

Post by redhusky3 »

Hi Minouche. Thanks for the notice. Im sorry that you had to run into this lowlife.... so many of them out there...
beatrush
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by beatrush »

I am not defending this person, but where do you live?

If you live overseas, the shipping isn't too far fetch. I live in Canada and I once had to send a package to France with tracking and insurance and it costed me $70 using Canada Post. $15.80 US to send overseas doesn't sound right though, that's a minimum I pay to send a cel to the states in an unbendable envelope.

Though this does still sound kinda fishy.
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

im sorry he cheated you! X|

a question,
was the package itself sent from canada or the US?
something i noticed, he set up the auction so that he would get US dollars. US dollars are worth more (not much, but they are worth alittle more) than Canadian $. Looks like he was pretty clever to set it up that way.

next,
80 USD??? 8O 8O 8O
ive never sent anything to france but thats just crazy!
X| oh wow im sorry he really got you there.

i looked at his feedback and it says he cheated someone else out too at the same time.
Last edited by Belldandy16 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

sorry to double post...
beatrush wrote:I am not defending this person, but where do you live?

If you live overseas, the shipping isn't too far fetch. I live in Canada and I once had to send a package to France with tracking and insurance and it costed me $70 using Canada Post. $15.80 US to send overseas doesn't sound right though, that's a minimum I pay to send a cel to the states in an unbendable envelope.

Though this does still sound kinda fishy.
$15.80 US i really dont think is too far fetched. if you dont use EMS (Minouche: did it come to you EMS?) and just use regular priority its really not that expensive to send overseas.
here, ill show you...
i needed to send someting to japan. nothing heavy just a payment for something i bought...
EMS would have cost me $37USD... or she said i could do first class air mail… which was 60 cents. :P

EDIT...
wait a second, isnt 5% (paypal fees) of $510 only $25 (or am i doing the math wrong? X| )
what are the "fees" he is talking about, Minouche?
Last edited by Belldandy16 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Sorry to hear of your troubles! :hurt:

No one else has mentioned this yet: Did anyone see anything wrong with the note that they charge 5% more for PayPal payments? I do believe that no matter where you live, this is against eBay/PayPal policy. Also, stating that he/she accepts MO or personal checks is against new eBay policies ...

These things alone are somewhat red flags that this seller is not on the up-and-up, so to speak.

As for trying to get that 80 USD back while keeping the cel... honestly, you shouldn't have paid it to begin with. Now that you find that the cel is not what was stated, you've suddenly changed your mind about your willingness to pay the "fees" ? Eh. That's not quite right, either. I'd say if you're that upset, request a full refund and be willing to return the cel. Otherwise, just count it as lesson learned and report him to eBay and PayPal for his violations of their policies. Next time a seller requests what you think is unreasonable fees, don't agree to pay them.

I actually once had a seller tell me to send my payment to someone they owed money! I refused and we ended up not completing the transaction because I didn't want to get burned. And I really wanted that cel... :l.
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

zerospace wrote: No one else has mentioned this yet: Did anyone see anything wrong with the note that they charge 5% more for PayPal payments? I do believe that no matter where you live, this is against eBay/PayPal policy.
it is? oooh, i didnt know that myself. X|
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: URGENT - problem with the seller shilocklive on EBAY - L

Post by cutiebunny »

Minouche wrote:So I contacted ebay paypal and mandarake to tell them that he tries to swindle the cel collector and add some money on the bill as he wants.
Why contact Mandarake? They had nothing to do with this transaction. /hmm

Mandarake is in the business to sell items. They likely would not buy from this e-bay seller unless he physically brought the item to their office. And then they'd only give him some paltry fee like 500 yen for his cel.
Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

And why the LOL at the end? :?
beatrush
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by beatrush »

Belldandy16 wrote:
$15.80 US i really dont think is too far fetched. if you dont use EMS (Minouche: did it come to you EMS?) and just use regular priority its really not that expensive to send overseas.
here, ill show you...
i needed to send someting to japan. nothing heavy just a payment for something i bought...
EMS would have cost me $37USD... or she said i could do first class air mail… which was 60 cents. :P
USPS and Canada Post are two different postal systems =P
Our shipping rates are completely different
zerospace wrote: No one else has mentioned this yet: Did anyone see anything wrong with the note that they charge 5% more for PayPal payments? I do believe that no matter where you live, this is against eBay/PayPal policy.
Yup its true, they are not allowed to charge for Paypal fees. However most people now hide the 5% in shipping and handling costs since ebay does allow for "reasonable" handling costs to be added to the total.
Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

beatrush wrote:Yup its true, they are not allowed to charge for Paypal fees. However most people now hide the 5% in shipping and handling costs since ebay does allow for "reasonable" handling costs to be added to the total.
Or they could simply use the Payment Owed option to avoid all that.
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

Open an Ebay & Paypal claim for merchandise non corresponding to the announced item description and picture. Mandarake is definitively not concerned by a third party sell.
Regarding international shipment, this is not surprising at all to reach easily 50 USD with insurance depending on the transportation company.
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime
Minouche
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Minouche »

Thank you everyone for your answers.

Actually, I do not really care about the 80USD he added. I just wanted to explain I had a bad story with this seller.
Also, I have bought many many many things around the world, and have never paid as much fees after an auction than here. Look Iceman, 50 USD $ is really out of mind for only 1 cel in a regular package, without tracking. I buy comcis ,cels, action figures, even guitars and a guitar from NYC is 100 USD (checked 2 months ago..)

This is simple actually, I owed the seller 510 + 15,80 USD = 525,80 USD. The paypal fees were written in the auction, so I was aware of them, (even if I think this is 4% and not 5% like ebay's but who cares..). so this would have been a total amount of 510*1,05=535,50 + 15,80 = 551,30 USD.

This is the normal price I should have paid. But I paid 620 USD, so this is exactly 68,70 USD more (because I negociated the final fees with him).

I do not want to send back the cel, because this is a mythic scene, so the price actually was fine with me, this is more on principle : this seller is simply an idiot and a huckster.
I could (like zerospace said) also haven't paid for it but this wasn't the aim. I had some other story like this one on ebay, and of course, after a complain to ebay and paypal, the seller won't send the item. Here, I really wanted it, so I paid. I'm just trying now to warn all of you about him.

I've sent a complain to ebay and paypal. Mandarake no of course, don't know why I wrote this >__<''
Well the other person who bought the SSJ2 Gohan had the same problem, maybe he will come here to speak about the same thing, or you will see on the seller's feedbacks :D 8)
"When you want it, you can do it. If you can't do it, you have to !"

Minouche, White mage part time
http://minouche.rubberslug.com
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Well, with 2 negative feedbacks on his record people should think twice about dealing with him for sure! He claims now to have offered you a refund in his reply to the negative you left, btw X| .
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

Minouche wrote:... regular package, without tracking.
Never proceed this way, always insure content to its sell value, and pay the taxes. Avoids issues in refunds :D
Minouche wrote:Here, I really wanted it, so I paid. I'm just trying now to warn all of you about him.
Ask for a discount or a partial refund.
Maybe he mistaken the two Majins items he may have from the same sequence in inventory ? Who knows ?
Additionnaly if this is recurrent on Ebay to have wrong items on Dragon Ball, stop sourcing from Ebay and prefer professionnal sources.
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime