What Else Do You Collect?

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

toonybabe wrote: I am slowly starting to collect children's picture books (nice hardcover editions). There are certain fine artists/illustrators that I really enjoy...!
Yaay! :hello Ditto!
:rollin
As far as collecting, it depends on who you talk to that knows me.
Some would argue I collect designer dresses because of my
closet space and high credit card bills .
:P :P :P
Pfft chicks need their frill fix once and a while!

Others would say Kiba-related doujinshis -- thou I gave that up
as the doujinshis wouldnt stop coming.

Hmmm.. I'd have to say besides cels I buy alot of
art/illustration books.
Last edited by Shampoo on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I've always been collecting stuff. When I was a really young kid, it was Bicentennial quarters, foreign currency, Barbie Dolls(in their boxes) and those stupid Panini stickers that you could buy in packs of 10 at the grocery store for $.25. And then you'd have to keep buying them because you were missing a piece of the 8 part picture of some cartoon character. I personally blame the Panini stickers for everything, though. They make a good scapegoat.

Then, it became Sailormoon cards. I can't tell you how much money I spent on obtaining those Japanese cards. I get emails every once in a while asking if I would sell my collection because I don't collect them anymore. It's difficult to collect Sailormoon cards when you own at least one copy of 99% of them.

I also collect Pokemon cards. I try not to, but then the Japanese release a really neat Lugia card in their Legends set and I hafta have it.

Then, there's artwork. I got into it because, at the time, I had finished with cards and wanted artwork of the plethora of characters that weren't featured on the cards. You know how it starts...one cel. Just one cel of Lead Crow and I'll be done. OOH! But then there's a cel of Nehelenia, and I don't have any artwork of her....and Angel Usagi....
Tabbykitty
Senpai - Elder

Post by Tabbykitty »

Once a collector, always a collector I think :)

When I was young, I collected Breyer Model Horses...they are still some of my favorite possessions, even if I can't display them like I would want to. I also used to be a big time comic collector, but since I got into cels that has pretty much fallen by the wayside, save for a few special titles.

Currently:

Comic and Anime statues-polystone and coldcast.
Lenox Disney and some WDCC
World of Warcraft boxed toys
Action figures (south park, AMG, farscape, it can vary)
Cookie Jars (though they need to be unique and strange)
Benihana Tiki Mugs
Marvin the Martian stuff
other things unique and strange..they just seem to find me lol
You fight quite well for being such a ... little man-Android 18
http://tabbykitty101.rubberslug.com/
:cat
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

Shampoo wrote: As far as collecting, it depends on who you talk to that knows me.
Rayd would argue I collect designer dresses because of my
closet space and high credit card bills .
:P :P :P
Pfft doesnt he know chicks need their frill fix once and a while??!?
(....even if it is creepin into his masculine side of the closet... :dlook)
Whether you buy them to collect or not, you can't go wrong with a designer dress :D
bran-chan
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by bran-chan »

I collect old coins and money, but I don't actively look to expand my collection. If I find them at work, all is good. I use to collect comic books, now not so much. I still collect stuffed animals, including anime plushies. I also collect figures and busts. Sideshow collectibles have started to cut into my cel fundage, but their statues are gorgeous. I also collect dolls, but not very actively. Right now I'm obsessed with One Piece, so I'm trying to buy alot of that merchandise.
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

Pretty much only animation artwork and books at the moment, but I used to collect coins, comics, rocks, and a pretty wide variety of things.
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Strictly-Dragonball »

I wouldn't say I collect a lot of things because those 'collections' aren't really big enough, and I don't really focus on them. It's really just things I pick up if something catches my eye. Here is the list of my main areas of interest:

-Dragonball Cels

-Action figures (I own figures from; Dragonball Z, Final Fantasy, Horror classics, Resident Evil, Ultimate Muscle and South Park) I also own a custom made Axel Stone figure from Streets of Rage.

-Michael Jackson Memorabilia - Michael Jackson original memorial program, ticket and gold wristband from the memorial service with documentation for authenticity, concert tickets, music, film cells, custom figures etc...

-Film Cells (Michael Jackson, South Park, Halloween, Disney etc...)

-Original 1978 movie posters for John Carpenter's Halloween.

-I own PSA/DNA authenticated signatures from Trey Parker and Matt Stone (the creators of South Park) and am currently looking for one of Michael Jackson. Must be examined and deemed authentic by PSA/DNA.
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

'Love me when I least deserve it, for that is when I most need it'-Proverb
TMarkS
Anime Geek

Post by TMarkS »

I suddenly seem to be collecting 1980's arcade machines. Last week I purchased a broken Atari machine called Hard Drivin'. It's a sit down vehicle simulator complete with a force feedback steering wheel, and a clutch pedal. Parts for it are on order.

Today I bought Bad Dudes vs. Dragon Ninja. This machine is in excellent condition and it's fun to play too boot!

Image Image
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I also collect autographs (sports and entertainment). I have an extensive collection of coins and stamps that I inherited from my grandfather when he passed away.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Maiko
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Maiko »

Things I have been collecting for years and still actively collect on a daily basis:

Animation Art
Authentic Vintage Silk Kimono, Obi, Kanzashi, etc.
Broadway Stage and Movie Props
Anything Wolves ( porcelain, shirts, books, calendars, posters, a real one ( lol ), anything related )
Geisha and other Japanese dolls

Things I used to collect more actively but not so much anymore ( but I still have what I already collected )

Anything Disney
Foreign Currency
Unicorns and Pegasus
Postcards
Comic Book Cards ( I've still got a million of the things lying around )
Plush animals
TMarkS
Anime Geek

Post by TMarkS »

Maiko, you have a wolf as a pet? That's cool!
Maiko
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Maiko »

TMarkS wrote:Maiko, you have a wolf as a pet? That's cool!
Eh, 75%. His mother was a gray wolf and his father a wolfdog. So he has a tiny bit of dog mixed in. The only dog thing about him is he likes playing fetch. Otherwise he howls nightly, climbs on top of bookshelves and even the refridgerator to 'survey his territory', consistently brings me dead rabbits, birds, and mice he has caught, and is still trying to overthrow me as 'Alpha' ( he's convinced he can run the household better ). :)

We're actually in the process of adopting a full blood, though.
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

picture picture! :D can we see pics of him???
whats his name?
Eternal Squall
Kamisama - God

Post by Eternal Squall »

1) Anything Green Lantern related (i.e. Comic Books, Figures, Statues, clothing...)
2) Final Fantasy Statues 1/8 scale and higher!
3) Postcards (Friends and relatives must send me one while they leave me to vacation)
4) Buttons (the kinds with pins at least. I convert them into magnets to put up on the frig!)
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

KT wrote: Whether you buy them to collect or not, you can't go wrong with a designer dress :D
Amen sista!
:yourock:

:topic
Speakin of which did you hear about McQueen's suicide????
:OMG /sob
Totally blew me away, he was so young! :bawl
And so dies with him a kick-ass label...

The worms are coming out of the woodwork and putting up
counterfeits on ebay and amazon.
Man they dont waste time. :roll: