Hmmmm

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Kaije
Kamisama - God

Hmmmm

Post by Kaije » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:51 pm

I'll admit, I was surprised this place was still around. But it's kinda quiet.
Don't touch me, but I need a hug.

Toni replied:it is wet and juicy
Toni replied:LOL oh f*cking nice signature, you git
Sig edited for your viewing pleasure.

sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Hmmmm

Post by sensei » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:33 pm

YAAAAH :redhot Flame War with Kaije!!!! :redhot

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

:kamehameha:

Yeah, there's not the constant interplay that there once was, for better or for worse, but there are some of us who are still very committed to collecting and conserving anime art. My impression is that it's shifted from the old "OMG look what's up on auction that is so mine don't anybody else bid on it or face the consequences" and gone more toward sales and discussion of fine points on how to house cels and sketches in a healthy way for the long term. I still find enough popping up to keep checking the auctions, and it's interesting to see how prices trend. CCS, which was hot but affordable when I started, went through a bust period when many items that would have been unattainable in the early Aughties became quite reasonable around 2010. Now it seems to have returned to its "hot" status, with prices climbing well into the 10Ks. And it's also interesting to see what is becoming pricy and competitive in early CGI sketch art: the 2003 yuuri series Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tibibito ("Yamibou" for short) really has attracted an avid crowd of bidders of late.

Anyhow, if you'd like to stir up something, I'd be happy to participate, and I'm sure others will too.

jiangdc
Anime Geek

Post by jiangdc » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:04 pm

sensei wrote:YAAAAH :redhot Flame War with Kaije!!!! :redhot

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

:kamehameha:

Yeah, there's not the constant interplay that there once was, for better or for worse, but there are some of us who are still very committed to collecting and conserving anime art. My impression is that it's shifted from the old "OMG look what's up on auction that is so mine don't anybody else bid on it or face the consequences" and gone more toward sales and discussion of fine points on how to house cels and sketches in a healthy way for the long term. I still find enough popping up to keep checking the auctions, and it's interesting to see how prices trend. CCS, which was hot but affordable when I started, went through a bust period when many items that would have been unattainable in the early Aughties became quite reasonable around 2010. Now it seems to have returned to its "hot" status, with prices climbing well into the 10Ks. And it's also interesting to see what is becoming pricy and competitive in early CGI sketch art: the 2003 yuuri series Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tibibito ("Yamibou" for short) really has attracted an avid crowd of bidders of late.

Anyhow, if you'd like to stir up something, I'd be happy to participate, and I'm sure others will too.
I feel that not only Yamibou went crazy, SIMOUN also went crazy. However, I don't see much competition in bidding sketches from Toka Gettan and Moonlight Lady, which are more closely related to Yamibou. I would guess this phenomenon may have something to do the increasing popularity of animator Asako Nishida in recent years.
Autograph focused collection. Collect cel, genga and douga on favorite characters from animes.
Personal website: https://dccollection.jimdo.com
RS: http://jiangdc.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

Kaije
Kamisama - God

Post by Kaije » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:47 am

I'm not sure what we can have a flame war about...

How about I just disagree with you? :evil: Yeah, take that disagreement!

10k huh? Sounds like bidding wars between the high-end Japanese collectors. :o
Don't touch me, but I need a hug.

Toni replied:it is wet and juicy
Toni replied:LOL oh f*cking nice signature, you git
Sig edited for your viewing pleasure.