What's the best Plastation 1 game? Advice needed for a gift

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Dustie
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Dustie »

klet wrote:
Dustie wrote:
Uende wrote: I love Triple Triad! :D
der?! :puzzled Sorry, you'll have to forgive me.. I got to the train part of the game and then quit. X| Ignored the card game, til I realized you kind of had to play it, or the game was a lot harder.. so I never bothered to continue with it. Maybe one day I'll pick it back up to play. :wink:
You don't have to play the card game in VIII--though I did, and I loved it! By this time, I probably suck at it, though. X| It's been a while since I picked it up--I did get all of the cards, though. From what I remember, the only aspect of the card game that transfers into regular play is that you can make items from the cards. I never did, though, and I still got all of the ultimate weapons, so there is a way to play without ever playing the card game. I'd be surprised if I remember how, though. :hurt: I think it involves stealing rare items from monsters.
It's been 6 years since I played this game. 8O For some reason thought I remembered the guide book mentioning that playing the card was kind of a must. But then again, I am probably mistaken, I can barely remember last week some days, let alone 6 years ago. :P
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Oh. Why not? What would make you stop got all of the ultimate weapons so there is a way to play without ever playing the card game? How many?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Dustie
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Dustie »

Bad bot, leave me be. :P
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

Maybe you could get her a Cloud-game. :?

Naah... she'd hate you ! ;)
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

klet wrote:[You don't have to play the card game in VIII. From what I remember, the only aspect of the card game that transfers into regular play is that you can make items from the cards.
But it makes the game so much easier, especially when you're getting the Bahamut GF and later on fight Ultima Weapon to aquire the Eden GF.
I imagine defeating Ultima Weapon without the Holy War stones is a lot more time consuming and difficult :wink:

It's also very helpful in obtaining the Doom Train GF :)

The card game is a lot of fun to play, especially when you get good at it and get challenged by the Garden Card Club :D
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

TIME CRISIS is a good gun game- which doesn't have blood flying everywhere so it might suit your sister, Hyaku. It can get quite addictive if you want to get a great time shooting all the bad guys.

An RPG I enjoyed was VANDAL HEARTS but I don't think it's easy to get hold of, it had a limited run and took me a while to find it second-hand. Good turn-based combat and a decent array of characters.
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

Uende wrote:
klet wrote:[You don't have to play the card game in VIII. From what I remember, the only aspect of the card game that transfers into regular play is that you can make items from the cards.
But it makes the game so much easier, especially when you're getting the Bahamut GF and later on fight Ultima Weapon to aquire the Eden GF.
I imagine defeating Ultima Weapon without the Holy War stones is a lot more time consuming and difficult :wink:

It's also very helpful in obtaining the Doom Train GF :)

The card game is a lot of fun to play, especially when you get good at it and get challenged by the Garden Card Club :D
See... I love the game. And I understand most of the words mentionned... and yet ... it all sounds like and old Mayan language. :D
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

Puzzle Fighter 2: Turbo!!

God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
jcaliff
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by jcaliff »

Krafty wrote: An RPG I enjoyed was VANDAL HEARTS but I don't think it's easy to get hold of, it had a limited run and took me a while to find it second-hand. Good turn-based combat and a decent array of characters.
I think I vaguely remember this game. Was it an RPG with a strategy game style similar to Sakura Wars or FF Tactics?
Image Image
Hector the Collector loved these things with all his soul,
Loved them more than shining diamonds, loved them more than glistenin' gold.
Hector called to all the people,"Come and share my treasure trunk!"
And all the silly sightless people came and looked...and called it junk.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Signs point to yes. Ask Artificial Iniaes if it is.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

Not Sir Phobos wrote:Puzzle Fighter 2: Turbo!!

Definately game is a must have!!

I also recommend the RPG 'Final Fantasy Chronicles' if you can find this title. It's has 2 games, FF5 (I think) and Chrono Trigger. I never played the FF game and only bought it because of Chrono Trigger.

Also, if she likes cute RPG games and you don't mind paying around $50 bucks (used copy :(), the title 'Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure' is another recommendation. Unfortunately this game is rare thus the high price for used copies.

I could go on and on since I'm a huge collector of PS1 games but I think I better stop before this post gets to long. :emb
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Also? I will take that under advisement.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Snakeskii
Kamisama - God

Post by Snakeskii »

Xenogears!!! If she likes RPGs she will love it! I've been playing RPGs all my life and it is absolutely my top favorite--I think I was 16-17 when the game came out. :D Chrono Trigger is also a great game, and it is a little less mature in nature if that is an issue. :^^:
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

That is a hypothetical question.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

Snakeskii wrote:Xenogears!!! If she likes RPGs she will love it! I've been playing RPGs all my life and it is absolutely my top favorite--I think I was 16-17 when the game came out. :D Chrono Trigger is also a great game, and it is a little less mature in nature if that is an issue. :^^:
How could I have forgotten Xenogears!! Thanks for mentioning that one. :D This and Final Fantasy 7 were probably my most fave RPG's I've ever played.