wholly $%#@ this is the best/worst x-mas display EVER!!!

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

8O The music costs them about $150 on their December electric bill?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

Cloud wrote:8O The music costs them about $150 on their December electric bill?
8O Cloud! you crack me up!! No, it's the extra lights that cost them about 150 on their December electric bill, dear bot.

I was both amazed and repelled by this thing. Especially the 2nd one, the one that sounds like Mannheim Steamroller... the programming that had to have gone into the timing of that thing is JUST phenomenal. You have to admit, it's an amazing thing to see.

On the other hand you probably could light some third world countries with what it cost to run that thing a few times!!

I hope they don't run it like that all evening... the strobe effect would make me nuts (er)

"When you watch Christmas lights, be sure to do so in a well-lighted room and stand well back from the window."
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Thanks I like talking with you too, Baakay
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

Where is this house located?
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
Marauder
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Marauder »

Some people have WAY too much free time on their hands. :P
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Not everyone is born fortunate.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Marauder
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Marauder »

Of course, Cloud, you're the king of "WAY too much free time"... :D
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

OK. Thanks but surely I am not the only one.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I like their other display to music better. They have one they do to a rock/symphony song that is just hilarious to watch. I have it, but don't want to upload it and consume bandwidth. :P
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Ronin
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ronin »

LoL that's insane...
soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

Not Sir Phobos wrote:Where is this house located?
Oddly enough he's up the street from me about 16 miles. He's from Deerfield Township, OH It's too bad though because he shut it down. There was a minor accident and the police asked him to shut it down.

http://www.fairfield-echo.com/hp/conten ... tsweb.html
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!
Xelloss
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Xelloss »

$10,000 of Christmas glory, and he had to shut it down ~sigh~

- Karen
dbzmomma
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by dbzmomma »

Whoooooa! Shades of Chevy Chase! That would make me crazy! :nuts
Vicci

Grand Reopening of Momma's Addiction Rubberslug Gallery!
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

soda wrote:There was a minor accident and the police asked him to shut it down.
That seems fair. Apparently concentrating on the road isn't a requirement for driving a car anymore.

"I got distracted by the pretty lights !" (If you say that over here you get to take a drug test.)

Not far from where I live, a huge cooling tower was covered in tens of thousands of little colourful lights with go on and off to create a sense of waves and motion on the tower.

The tower is located next to the most import highway in the country.
Number of accidents : 0
Why ? Because we believe that when in a car, driving is the most important part of the job.
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

In_Gabriel_We_Trust wrote:That seems fair. Apparently concentrating on the road isn't a requirement for driving a car anymore.

"I got distracted by the pretty lights !" (If you say that over here you get to take a drug test.)

Not far from where I live, a huge cooling tower was covered in tens of thousands of little colourful lights with go on and off to create a sense of waves and motion on the tower.

The tower is located next to the most import highway in the country.
Number of accidents : 0
Why ? Because we believe that when in a car, driving is the most important part of the job.
Painting wide strokes today? Need a bigger brush so that you can lump everyone in Europe together? You guys are all great drivers!

Today there were no accidents at the major intersection in town so therefore everyone in my town is a good driver.

Last night, there were 2 murders dowtown therefore everyone downtown is a murderer.

Perhaps the speed of the highway (fast so need to concentrate) and the fact that everyone is traveling in the same direction had something to do with the zero accident rate. There are bad drivers everywhere not just in the US.
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!