What's your cel collecting pet peeve?

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

yeah i think were talking about the same thing… that place has to be at least as big as RS or bigger.
i still LOVE the artwork but since i dont buy comics anymore, i just lost interest in buying the artwork (and im even thinking of selling quite a few pieces ive aquired…ms amy needs more batman cels XD LOL). Also with my experience it just soured my wish to aquire more (there's an even bigger story behind it but im too lazy to tell and you probably dont want to hear lol).

(sorry off topic)
do you collect the comic book art? :)
beatrush
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by beatrush »

Belldandy16 wrote:
(sorry off topic)
do you collect the comic book art? :)
*buds in *
I do!!, I do!!, hook me up with this site you two are talking about @_@
Sylia
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Sylia »

Done! lol :^^:

Yeah... I have some comic art. I don't buy much, I just have ten pages or so. Nothing expensive. I'm a bit limited as I mostly like some stuff I read over a couple of years as a teenager, and the characters I was into weren't really popular. Except now one of them is fairly popular, and I don't like any of the new stuff. I couldn't find any art of one character I'm still looking for, so I gave up XD. I also liked early Witchblade, but it's way too expensive to buy originals. I haven't read current Marvel-type comics in over 7 years and I'm unlikely to... but I do have nostalgia over the old stuff.

I really am sorry that you had such a bad experience with it, Belldandy. I soured on comics mostly due to distaste for the types of storylines and what they'd do to characters I liked. It seems it never ends very well with typical superhero comics- sooner or later, your beloved characters *are* going to get maimed or killed horribly. And in the end whatever you read will just be retroactively changed and they'll say it never happened and some other thing happened instead. Too much of those kinds of headgames in real life lol to be allowing comic books to toy with our emotions as well X| .

(Uh-oh... I have a feeling the next person to post a peeve might mention our off-topic as one of them. Sorry :P )
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

lol, its kinda morphed into "whats your comic book pet peve" lol

thanks Sylia! :D it feels better to talk about it.
i know how you feel with the companies doing whatever they please with the characters you love. :roll: (spiderman/maryjane relationship anyone?). Its like they just have no respect for the history of these characters. "oh lets get rid of what's been going on for 25 years and totally re-write it for a new generation!". well i hate to break it to you but nowadays less and less kids (not to mention many long time fans) are not reading comics anymore.

someone just posted a really interesting article that showed how anime is starting to decline...
http://www.anime-beta.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=26755
its kinda mirrored america's comic book industry, dont you think?

just really tragic.
:l
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

Hmmm...where to start. Well, let's start with the most recent pet peeves.

1) People that think they can play two sides of a coin. In this instance, I mean people that try to sell a piece to multiple buyers at once. And I don't mean a $15 cel...I'm talking thousands $$$$. Next time, try to choose two people that don't talk to each other.

2) People that think they can play two sides of a coin. This time, I mean one person that pretends to be two different people to make one offer look better than the previous. Next time, be careful how you sign your emails.

I have many other bitches to pitch, but I'll deal them out over time...I don't want to be too bitchy!!

I have to admit, however, that I have found several wonderful friends through this hobby. And if it were not for you guys, well...let's just say I am very thankful for you. I don't want this to seem like I am just a bitcher. I mean, I am just a bitcher, but I don't want it to be too obvious.

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

erm...... You forgot about Spy vs. Spy, and how those
damn locked doors can piss you off after taking a
escalator to nowhere, only to take an elevator that
is worthless, and even though you re-take a different
escalator, and think you are in the clear, you still come
face-to-face with the initial problem!! :?

But hey - you gotta love Danny - no?? :P
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

OMG...you are aweful!! And here I was showing restraint in my posts!!!

Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Restraint my ass!! :roll:

Ok, so you were showing some restraint, however,
I know the true meaning behind your seemingly
nice girl post. :roll:

No to mention, I know what your true pet peeves
really are, so I would have to emphatically state that
you are not being 100% honest here. :P

Oh, but yeah - there are some pretty cool people in
this hobby!! You take the good with the bad - no?? :wink:
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

Dude...you're the one that talked me into deleting my #3) People that think they can play two sides of a coin. I had a whole theme and everything!! *sigh*

Seemingly nice girl? I'm pretty certain that everyone here knows how totally crazy I really am!!

*hug*

Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

Gonzai wrote:Oh, but yeah - there are some pretty cool people in
this hobby!!
You called? :dlook

But man, seeing this thread (on those on RS) reach 5 pages makes me wonder if people still ENJOY cel collecting. :roll:
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Wendy wrote: But man, seeing this thread (on those on RS) reach 5 pages makes me wonder if people still ENJOY cel collecting. :roll:
Sometimes, limiting who you talk to can make it a whole lot more enjoyable. :wink: :D Or just ignoring the community for a while, taking out your books, and breathing in the beauty.
Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

klet wrote:Sometimes, limiting who you talk to can make it a whole lot more enjoyable. :wink: :D Or just ignoring the community for a while, taking out your books, and breathing in the beauty.
Wise words from a fellow Marimo lover :D

Problem is...all my books are in storage.
I do have a drawer filled with paper though, does that count?
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Wendy wrote: Problem is...all my books are in storage.
I do have a drawer filled with paper though, does that count?
Considering what I'm pretty sure is on that paper . . . yes. :D It probably counts extra.

Btw, off topic, but I love your Zoro drawing--he's my favorite of the OP drawings you've got up. I may be biased, though . . . :dlook
Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

*Yeah! Thread Hijack!*
klet wrote:Btw, off topic, but I love your Zoro drawing--he's my favorite of the OP drawings you've got up. I may be biased, though . . . :dlook
Biased? ..naaaah! :dgrin

Thank you so much.
I was happy he came out ok (phew), because he can look so weird if they get him wrong in the show, I was afraid I would screw up too :D

Well..I got him partially ok at least.
I'm totally stuck with that drawing and I haven't got the foggiest how to finish him :P