Do You/ Did you Get Good Grades in School?

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.

Do/Did you Get Good Grades in School?

Very Much So
61%
Not At All
6%
Not too Good but Not terribly Bad, Either
33%

Total votes: 36

LinaLoN
Senpai - Elder

Do You/ Did you Get Good Grades in School?

Post by LinaLoN »

I'm just curious to know. I was above average in Middle School, then I was average in High School. Since I've graduated I've slipped very badly and if I had to do school now, I would probably fail everything. If you grad., how are you doing with subjects now? If you're still in School, do you think you will have good grades in the future and will be able to put what you learned to use?
My cat Temperance I call her Tempe for short.

My cat Seeley is a Sailor Moon fan, too!

I didn't anticipate on having a black female cat and a white male cat or I would have named them Luna and Artemis... oh well.
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

I am that 99% guy that threw off all of the curves, only applied to one University because I knew I could get in, and passed my Architectural Registration exam on the first time without studying :wink:

I also work about 70 -80 hours a week and have been single most of my life, so look what it gets you :wink:
Last edited by glorff on Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Yeah man!!! I graduated magna cum laude in English. And my math SATs were 50 points higher than my verbal scores. :yourock:

So big whoop ... now I'm a blue-collar academic at a 2-year branch college teaching section after section of freshman comp. :flushie

As I like to tell my comp. students: five years from now nobody will care what grade you got in this class ... not even your mother. It's what comes after the diploma that counts.

(Ah, well ... I do get to bootleg XxxHolic into my World Mythology class :evilblk )
Mirai_Peorth
Senpai - Elder

Post by Mirai_Peorth »

In Middle School I was too busy getting beat up and tormented to really worry about my grades... then came 8th grade. I thought I was going to fail for the year when they locked me up for 9 days, but all my teachers wrote off the work I missed in that time, so it worked out. (I'm still wondering why/how Ms. Chab passed me for math). @_@

High School... well.. 9th grade wasn't too bad for grades. Bad math and Spanish grades (still passed both)! Plus having a Nazi for a Global Studies teacher was a real pisser. -_-

10th-12th grade at my new High School... wow. Ghetto, yes. Failed the HSCT 3 times, passed on the 4th try. Failed math almost all the way through those years, flunked Spanish (but passed it in summer school).

College.... eh... yea. First semester I was there, I had to leave after 5 weeks because I somehow contracted mono. (Haven't had a b/f for 7 years, so I know I didn't get it by kissing anyone).
American Studies and International Relations were really fun, and I did fairly well in them. Asian Studies was well done too. Everything else..... just made me want to go back on Prozac. Literally.
Student Council was fun, but I only did that for a semester.

All in all....

Law, History, and Government Classes: A's or B's
Math: D's or F's
English: (In High School, A's and B's) In college, C's - F's
Economics: A (Its easy when your teacher talks about hunting stories)! :)
PE: C's
Computer Classes: (In High School, B's and C's) In college, D's and F's
Music: A's (Just show up, really)

So yea... thats my school grades. @_@;;;
"Practice safe Zechs - Use a Gundam." - Unknown
thrance
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by thrance »

grades 1-6 i got great grades. in 7th, my math went down hill. i had a very messed up math teacher. i would do the work, show my work, and get most of it right but was getting F's. i said screw this, stopped doing my work and just goofed off, and, got B's But the rest of my grades were ok. In highschool, mixed. math for the most part, total bad grades, and spanish i failed. health, i was failed on purpose by some sexist bitch. hah yes, males get sexism used on them by females with power too! plus, my dad was sick and dying through grades 9-11th so that factored in. my overall HS grades sucked though sadly.
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

sensei wrote:Yeah man!!! I graduated magna cum laude in English. And my math SATs were 50 points higher than my verbal scores. :yourock:

So big whoop ... now I'm a blue-collar academic at a 2-year branch college teaching section after section of freshman comp. :flushie
I don't know which is funnier, this or Glorff's. I'm 100% with you. And if I make no sense right now it's because I'm STILL in school, gray hair and all, and still doing very well indeed. Fried beyond belief here during finals week, but doing well.

I'll never carry a 4.0 average again as I did in my Master's Program, but that's because my brain doesn't do well in statistics mode.

And what have I got to show for all this here book larning? A mediocre salary at a mediocre school where I regularly have my expertise dismissed out of hand. (don't step in the puddle of bitterness).

On the other hand, I do have -- most of the time -- enough money to pursue a hobby and enough education to appreciate its more subtle nuances. I also have a nice warm house, two great kids who watch anime with me, and a spouse who pesters me to find him more hentai titles. :P It's really hard to argue with that.

The very wisest man I've ever known was a medical doctor who was the father of the man I almost married. I still think of him with the uttermost respect and fondness and almost a sense of awe. He told me that it really doesn't matter what grades you get. What really matters is what you do with yourself and the education that you accumulate, whether it is formal education or just... what my brother calls "common brain."
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

Oooo that was fun... computer hiccup = duplicate message. Someone just kill me off, please.

*The Idiot Zone*
Last edited by Baakay on Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

How does beyond belief here during finals week but doing well taste? Tell me more about your it.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
naria
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by naria »

While I can't remember all my grades exactly from school, I felt that I was about average. There were a few classes that I did well in (history and computers) and others were average (English and math X|)
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

I graduated from college with a 3.96 GPA. Still have my gold
tassels and everything. :) Of course that was quite a few years
ago. I actually am very glad I went to school and did well. I
have a great job and make good money. Unfortunately, money
doesn't buy happiness - well unless its that wishlist cel that you
have been wanting so badly. :P
Masako
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Masako »

Well, I should be studying right now, so I guess that tells you something about my study habits... :D
Nah, I'm managing a 3.9 GPA, but I'm guessing it'll go down after this quarter. Bio and Calculus are KILLIN' ME. And I don't think those things will come up in the future of this a fine art major... though who knows? :wink: (But I sure hope not! :cry: )
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

If I get anything less than a B+ I freak out X|

Im incredibly anal about academics.. /wah ever since I was in grade school. But Im glad I was, I managed to win some scholarships and w/o them I really wouldn't be in college. :)

Needless to say I graduated H.S. at Top 10% w/ a 4.46 GPA (yup went over the 4.0. lol :emb)
Right now my GPA is a 3.8 :wink:
(Despite my exytended lunch "breaks" and skipping class every once and a while.. I still manage to get the work done :^^: so no worries cel senpai your pupil still does well *Rock-Lee thumbs up* /no1 )
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Interesting. I'm gladyou're glad Shampoo. May God bless you.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

Cloud wrote:Interesting. I'm gladyou're glad Shampoo. May God bless you.
Wow Cloud.. so much love! :kiss I'm absolutely touched.. considering how mean I treat you sometimes lol :D
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Can you bless you?
-I, Robot (Asimov)