Do You/ Did you Get Good Grades in School?

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.

Do/Did you Get Good Grades in School?

Very Much So
61%
Not At All
6%
Not too Good but Not terribly Bad, Either
33%

Total votes: 36

Govogeta
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Govogeta »

I never really liked school at all. I can remember all the way back to
second grade & not liking it then, me and school just never really got along too good. Sure there were certain classes I liked, mostly art and music. I took those classes as long as I could.

My grades were average I suppose. Mostly due to the fact that I like to listen to and watch people talk, so I usually paid somewhat attention even if things were going in one ear and out the other. By the time I was in 12th grade I was utterly tired of school. I wasn't there more often then I was. If it wasn't for my english teacher and dean I wouldn't have graduated high school. I never went to my english class and was going to fail misserably. So the teacher and dean got together and made me a deal because they didnt want to see me not graduate, bless their souls :)
All I had to do was see the teacher twice a week, do the gravy work she gave me and never step foot in that classroom again.

As for college, I knew it would be a complete waste of money so that was never an option I even considered.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Perhaps I misunderstood. What were you?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

MeganD. wrote:After graduating from the University of Colorado ...

And good luck to all fellow students who are plugging through finals!

MeganD.

UNC, here :-) (where, btw, the feedlots are GONE, thank you...) are you still here in the land of the big rocks?
[Edit: She deserves the name Baakay, as she suddenly realizes that Megan's location is quite clearly noted to the left. Stress does fabulous things to short-term retention.]

The B.S. comment is so incredibly perfect. Since I get to see every last dissertation or thesis that comes out of this institution I can vouch for that. B.S'ing in a set format is the key to the universe.
Last edited by Baakay on Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

kymaera wrote:Ok. Now that I'm finished mocking my friend (for the moment at least),
Ha. And again, HA. You are NEVER finished mocking me, my dear.

[Note to the rest: I've known this marvel for nearly 11 years now, in what seems like another lifetime altogether, when he would randomly change my character's title on the MUD we both played to something with the same general effect as a "kick me" sign affixed to my virtual back. And/or follow my newbie characters around, invisibly, and scare the living you-know-what out of me as I got lost (again).]

Anyone who thinks you can't make real, true friends on the Internet has never actually experienced the Internet.

And, btw... to Shellie and everyone else here: You ARE all sharp cookies, regardless of how well you did in school. The posts here reflect that every day. It's an amazing place.
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Baakay wrote:And, btw... to Shellie and everyone else here: You ARE all sharp cookies, regardless of how well you did in school. The posts here reflect that every day. It's an amazing place.
/kis Thank you, baakay! You are oh-so right about this being an amazing place! :)
LinaLoN
Senpai - Elder

Post by LinaLoN »

Come on...you gotta at least be tempted to hum along with Sweet Caroline
NO I am NOT tempted to sing that! Stop! No more! Take pity on this child of 80's! :deek
My cat Temperance I call her Tempe for short.

My cat Seeley is a Sailor Moon fan, too!

I didn't anticipate on having a black female cat and a white male cat or I would have named them Luna and Artemis... oh well.