Drawing with passion

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.

Does it happen?

Yes
88%
No
No votes
What the hell are you talking about?(post if you dont understand)
12%

Total votes: 17

hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Drawing with passion

Post by hyelakingsfan »

Does this happen to anyone?
If you draw something and you have a passion about that exact picture, do you feel like you draw better?
Like a picture that you really love alot and just adore it.
crackpot27
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!
Location: My GPS is telling me to turn and there is no road...

Post by crackpot27 »

Sure...that's how it should go :D If you really love what you're working with (whether it be the subject or simply the idea) you put more time and energy than if it were something you were simply drawing to pass time, ect...That's how it works for me anyway :rollin
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

Yes, sure :D But lately since I do not have time, I cannot draw anything and I miss that feeling :D

ALso it might be strange to you but solving math problems is the same feeling :D :D To prove or to create algorithms you need to have some passion and creativities.... So yeah I do have these passions to drawing and to math :D :D
Cats rule!
kisara
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kisara »

Of course! Wouldn't bother with it if ya didn't have those moments every now and then! My favorites are the ones that you get sooooo into that the lines literaly start to appear on the page before you've even drawn them, to the point where you actually feel like you're tracing something. It's a very kewl thing. :D
"You have to keep your whits about you when you're losing your mind." - a friend

:P
Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

Naturally!
If I don't like what I'm making, what's the use in doing it anyway?

I need to love what I'm making, otherwise I might as well stop drawing.
The drawings will turn out soulless.
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

Drawing with passion... the more passionate I get about my drawings, the worse they become. So I try to keep it to a sane clearheaded level.

I was going to say "Drawing with passion ? I draw with pencils." But I don't think I'd survive the groans. :^^:
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Hasn't happened very often, especially since I can't draw, but there have been a few pics that make me go "Ooooh!" lol Only wish it happened more often!!
Danny-Inu
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Danny-Inu »

Actually, I draw faster if I have passion in that piece. If not, I'll just be drawing mindless gestures until I get what I want.
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

Most definitely. Although passion can't really make up for a native lack of any real talent :wink:

One of the very best drawings I've ever done is a sketch of daughter Jenny when she was about three. We were on the way to visit their grandfather, and had the very back row of the plane, so we all occupied ourselves with drawing. I did this sketch of Jen that looks slightly like "child as anime character" and was meant to -- and it caught her three-year-old essence perfectly.

Another piece of art I did that turned out very well indeed was a class project in which we were to give a try at the "draw yourself in five lines" thing we found on a web site somewhere. Mine was highly abstract, but is symbolic of a mom encircling her two girls in her arms.

Guess what I'm passionate about :-)
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What makes you so certain. But not all of them?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

Whoops. Sorry about that. don't try to do stuff when winter storms are messing with your cable access.
Last edited by Baakay on Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
yoshito
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by yoshito »

Yep, I think so. Although I've been drawing the same pose for my comic going on 1.5 years now. >.< Can't get it right like in my dreams...

That and I suck at drawing people.
Click here if you agree with InuYasha.