What Kind Of Collector Are YOU?

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.

What Kind of Collector Are You?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 29, 2002 3:13 am

I Work to buy CEL
38%
I am Already Rich, Family Money
6%
I do not Buy Food, That's How I save
No votes
I saved Whenever I can
31%
I buy Cel first using Credit card and Then worry about paying off
19%
etc? Explain
6%

Total votes: 16

EvilMisha
Kamisama - God

Post by EvilMisha »

Well, I work, and I save up money, basically, I don't buy cels as much as I used to, and thankfully the Tennimon cel market has gone down (although I'm not as into the series as I was two years ago), so now I buy them very leisurely; it's very relaxing compared to how it is when you're rabidly collecting. You have to be careful; what starts out as "hobby", whose purpose it is to relieve stress, can easily in itself become another avenue of stress. Hobbies are very counter-productive in that respect...very Jekyll and Hyde.

-Misha, feeling serene
DeLiRiOuS sAiYan
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by DeLiRiOuS sAiYan »

well, as for me, I am a college student so i don't have much money....
I did some stocks in my high school year, and got about $20,000 profit. but i bought stuff for my mom and dad. and of course 10% offering to GOD. I am very family oriented and religious. ^^ :D :)

Now i go to college, and got hooked to this cel collecting hobby.

I have always been interested in collecting something....i was into painting, bowen statues, posters, and etc etc. but i am now proud and happy to say "cel collector." and i dont think i will ever stop.

I am hoping to be very successful in my life just like "ehem" glorff...
but i doubt i will collect cars...hehehe

for now, what i do is (just like homer simpson episode) "Squeeze Every Penny."

I used to work as Tutor for english and math for students from elementry (2nd grade to 12th grade) earning $20 an hour...but..because of school i and to keep only 2 ppl....(i used to work on SAT 9AM- 6Pm No rest tutor)

but yeah i saved about $5-6 k... but i bought car, monthly payments...and i spent about 1.6k building my own super computer ^^ and so on so on...so i "Squeeze every penny." Again...and seriosly thinking of getting regular $6.75 /hr. job now..^^

oh yeah forgot to tell you (i am in debt now) ^^ shiot 8O :x :x :x
i hate being owned money to someone...i gotta pay those off first ^^
cyborg 17
Senpai - Elder

Post by cyborg 17 »

work, work, work, work, work and more work
but i only work from 9-5 m-f
so i work and save and then spend
lol

oh joy
Ahh them Droids. Dont you just love them ????
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

When I first started collecting cels, the first year of college 3 years ago, I paid for them with money from my bank account. But as my tastes for cels got 'rich,' I slowly began to get them by credit. Since I could pay off the bills in no time, money wasn't to big a deal. Now the APR's are catching up to me. To make it worse, I found my dream cel, and have to cough up an extra $500 a month to pay it off. 8O

As for what collector I am, if I see one that grabs my eye, I do my best to get it. Since I have finally learned what I REALLY want in cels, I can focus on 3 titles, instead of 8, like I did before. :?
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
Little Poop
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Little Poop »

Very simple. My name is keiko. I have sugah daddy. :love:

"Shut your fool mouth gogeta" DBC 17/05/02
According to surveys, DBC has the sweatiest balls in Betaland.<br>
<kamakazicoke93> do you get horny over any anime-beta members? O_O
Nathan
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Nathan »

:D LMAO - POOP! !
...just one more
BleedingOrange
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: I am everywhere and yet, nowhere... all at the same time. Whoa.

Post by BleedingOrange »

When I first started... I just WANTED a cel. Any cel. So, I quickly bought two. Well, they were actually pretty good cels but they were fairly cheap as far as DBZ cels go.

My tastes are slowly getting "richer," as well. I want to only buy cels that are high in quality or rare rather than just any old cel. However, this hobby is very expensive and I can barely afford to be spending all my money on plastic and paint.

But how I pay for cels is simple. I SAVE money until I got enough to go buy a cel! Usually I only buy one a month so far. Given the # of cels I have and how long I've been collecting.. that's what it averages out to.

Anyway... I dunno what the future holds for me and collecting!