What Kind Of Collector Are YOU?

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.

What Kind of Collector Are You?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 29, 2002 3:13 am

I Work to buy CEL
38%
I am Already Rich, Family Money
6%
I do not Buy Food, That's How I save
No votes
I saved Whenever I can
31%
I buy Cel first using Credit card and Then worry about paying off
19%
etc? Explain
6%

Total votes: 16

DeLiRiOuS sAiYan
Eiketsu - Mastermind

What Kind Of Collector Are YOU?

Post by DeLiRiOuS sAiYan »

Let's see how you come up with money for all those expensive cels
Juunana_Gou
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Juunana_Gou »

I don't buy expensive cels...the most expensive cel I had bought is $150.
The cheapest (Not quality wise, its a very cool cel, %90 painted :) ) cel I bought was $0.80...
Usually I buy cels in the $0.01~$50 range. I just save whenever I can and whatever I can...

EDIT::
Also, thats not what KIND of collector I am, I collect for myself for my own personal reasons, I buy what I like and I like what I buy.
So please clarify what this topic is about...
"I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, With a bullet called life, yeah called life,
You know that every time I try to go Where I really want to be, It's already where I am, Cause I'm already there."
Nathan
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Nathan »

Ummmm....
Well I but lot's of ways. My most expensive cel I bought on credit and worried later... but the other cels I bought with my savings....
Saving at the moment....
I just love the art\series\ and having a piece of it! :)
...just one more
Teen Gohan
Anime Geek

Post by Teen Gohan »

I have a Saturday job and get £18 (about $30) a day (9am to 4pm). This is really crap pay compared with most 16 year olds who have got good GCSE results, but then again it is better than nothing. :(
Also I don't spend all my money on cels so I have to really save up to get good cels.

The most expensive cel I have cost about $250, which is a Pan cel of Kaioshin Gohan with a bit of his sword, which took me ages to save up for.
Govogeta
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Govogeta »

Hmm actually all my cels were bought with my savings.
you see I had a good job but then I quit because it was terrible :x
then I had some little health problems so I didn't work for about
6 months. During that time I sold a harley-davidson I had, the money from that was suppose to be for another one but most of it went to
other stuff including my ccels :o So now am working again :roll: but
still most money for cels come from savings :wink:
The nice thing is I haven't spent over 245 for any one cel :P
jbreyou
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by jbreyou »

Well, I had a ton of money after I sold my Condo, so I bought a car, put about $36,000 down on a house of my own, and the rest went to my Cel's and other silly things that I probably shouldn't have spent money on. :D

I'm into all the Kung-Fu movies as well, so I just buy DVD's up like crazy. And of course, the Anime is on my DVD list as well.. heh heh :D

I'm pretty much dried out now, so I started to sell my figure and tape collection so I can get more money to buy Cel's. hee hee

I guess you can say I'm a compulsive spender. I spend first and then worry later. :)
Things can only get better, can't they??

super17
Kamisama - God

Post by super17 »

I AM FILTHY RICH!!...i buy cels of wat i have left over! ...the most i have
spent on a cel is £60....otherwise i dont remember...as i buy em in lots...
and i pay off in a big total of cash...n oh yeh as u all know i like to spend
my cash on MY CLOTHES ..WOOOOOOOOOO 8) , the most i spend on
clothes is £150 ....my basketball shoes were worth £100 :? ..

i dont work but my mom says i better start working n get experience
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :evil: :evil: :x :roll: X|

i also make money outta makin websites!! :wink: :wink: :D

(Super)no.17
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Post by Deadly Whispers »

Well . . . I work. A lot. Crazy. Overtime is a beautiful thing (even if my job sometimes isn't). *shrug* I also don't spend money on things I probably should, like nice clothing (looks down at her ruined jeans sheepishly) even though all bills MUST be paid. :P

Nathan: I love that too! Owning your very own piece of something so great . . . :)
Barren
Anime Geek

Post by Barren »

I work all the time I have outside of school but get paid a big sack of money that then changes into cels. Then come home from work at nights and stare at my cels before collapsing tired on the floor.
Wish i had more time to look at my babies.
"What are you so afraid of cell? Isn't this what you wanted? I warned you, i told you what would happen if you pushed me too far. But you didnt listen. You forced me to awaken my hidden power. And now that you've seen it you're afraid. Because you know that im going to destroy you" - Gohan after going ssj2 and beating the mince out of cell
Candyman
Anime Geek

Post by Candyman »

Mickey Mouse pays for my cels. :P
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

I have a successful Architecture firm, so money isn't an issue. I have probably spent about 5K this year on cels, but that is a lot less than my former addictions (I had 14 antique cars at one point and still have 20 antique weapons that are 400-500 years old) 8O
I enjoy all of these collections as art from one moment captured in time. :D
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
mightymask
Senpai - Elder

Post by mightymask »

I'm an independent millionaire. I buy cels to wipe my backside because they're so slick and the paint on the acetate gives it that "just right" grip that I need. I prefer cels of Mister Popo or Oozaru Vegita because they kind of (shall we say) 'blend in' with my business a bit better than some of the other characters. Unfortunately, that's why there are no Popo's/Oozaru in my gallery - I go through them too quick ... the cels in my gallery are in the 'ready bay' so to speak. Oh well.... (throws sweater around shoulders) ... ta!
dude_moose
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by dude_moose »

i have my allowence automaticly put in my bank account (my mom works at my credit union) and i buy all my cels with that (that means i save all the time)

ps the most i have spent on a single cel is $35
i'm a bargin hunter and although i might not have that many good cels i think they are nice for what i have spent on them...
Sith-Krillin
Kaioshin - Diety
Kaioshin - Diety

Post by Sith-Krillin »

mightymask wrote:I prefer cels of Mister Popo or Oozaru Vegita because they kind of (shall we say) 'blend in' with my business a bit better than some of the other characters.
*stares intently at his Popo cel...*

NAAAAAAH!!! :P
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. " - Frank Sinatra
Syxxth Munky
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Syxxth Munky »

I have no job, so i save up whenever i can and buy cels or i can always ask my parents :mrgreen:
*Coming soon... It all starts... again!*