Your dead, Who gets your cels?

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
EternityOfPain
Senpai - Elder

Your dead, Who gets your cels?

Post by EternityOfPain »

This is an official document. By posting in this "thread" you are hereby entering an official agreement that states that whoever should receive your cels or sketches (that you have listed) will inherit such items at the time of your death. This thread is started on September 9th 2007. By posting you are giving your electronic signature validating that you have not only read this message but voluntarily writing (posting) and are therefore are aware that by posting in this thread you are making a bounding will that should enact at the time of your death.

I known at "EternityOfPain" relinquish my City Hunter Collection to "Hisoka" also known as "X-man" on rubberslug."

- I relinquish my Berserk cel to Silvrdrago.

I give these three yoko sketches to Gabe: "Yoko Provoked" , "Sugimoto Departs" & Yoko the Queen 1!

- Everything else will be given to my aquatic frog.

I hearby enforce this will at the time of my death hence forth! If things should change, or such items are not in my posession then that individual will simply get nothing.
Last edited by EternityOfPain on Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I didnt attend the funeral but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. -Mark Twain
Anime runs my life. I'll leave it to anime to where my life leads me. -EoP
Anime I have Seen
Slippery slopes of hellish Ice.
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

Hmm, morbid but interesting. I think many of us have wondered what we would want to do with our cels when we kick it. Not all of us have spouses or family members who are into cel collecting, as we would want them to go to a good home.

Let's see...

For my O'Barr original art, I leave it all to Joe Ryan to do with as he pleases.

My Teen Titans page goes to Marie "Shampoo" Pasquale, since she is the one who helped me find it.

My Hildebrandt sketches go to Tori "magiktori."

My Harry Potter art goes to Sarah "Poe", since she is a Pot-Head. She also gets my Shin Angel cel.

Signed Outlaw Star cel goes to Lemar(Golden Boy)

So there you have it. All legally binding :wink:

Hey, there's a knock at the door. It's Joe! Hey Joe, whataya got in your ha..............................................
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
sletia
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sletia »

*reads topic title*
My dead what?
*runs away for being a grammar nazi*
~Hellmaster-sama~
Rabid collector of the little demon
Ms. Poe
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Ms. Poe »

Yay yay! Pot-heads unite ;)~!

I already promised my man all of my cels if I die young. But, don't fret. I gave him all of the website info and selling tips, forums etc he can go to to sell all of my stuff and make him some money for the new bitches if I die young. LOL~!

Otherwise...Dunno...my kids may get it all...or i'll sell everything before my old age just so they won't have to deal with it :)>
Image Image
otakusin
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by otakusin »

Oh how curiously odd this came up, I have actually wondered about this forever and a day since I began collecting. Unless my husband dies right along with me, they go to him (even though he does not collect). He has been told to sell them, each cel has a price record for him to know what's what. In the case the hubby does go along with me, again they are to be sold and the monies go to my youngest brother since at the time he was the one who it would help out the most, still oddly is.

Why told to be sold, sadly the people who would be inheriting them would not appreciate, love or care for them in the way they need be. I would want fellow collector's to actually have the chance to own them.

I will mention that any sold to me from Kata go back to Kata.

I would mention other cels but almost feel I would be calling my death, lol. /omg
We're gonna turn this team around 360 degrees!! -- Jason Kidd
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

A lot of people say that about him.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Gabe
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Gabe »

If that ever happens. :P

This will be my list:

Most of the AMGs incl. the Hankens like the WoE with Urd(not online) will go to my fav. AMG buddie Katie. ^_^
A few are going to Heather.

Most of the Irias goes to my buddies Heather, Seb and Tobi.

Elfen Lied goes to Tobi

About Naruto not sure yet.
The one of Kiba are going to Shampoo.

Some of the misc. going to Erich.

OP goes to EoP.
Last edited by Gabe on Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I'm not sure if it could.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

I think there was a thread talking about this awhile ago (maybe a couple years ago???). But prob they go to my hubby. But if both of us die prob they go to our cats ;) ;) (prob they will have fun to destroy them :P :P kidding kidding). I am not sure.

I think I really honestly I will ask my hubby to do auctions if he can sell them and donate all of them to ASPCA and animal shelters.
Cats rule!
sletia
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sletia »

In all seriousness, though? I don't know. Mom knows they're worth something, but not how much.
Fellow collectors online that I talk to I haven't lately, and one sounds like she's getting out of it anyway.. so..
*shrug*
If someone here absolutely positively HAS TO HAS something I have, lemme know and maybe I'll leave it to you... but it's not like I have any amazing one-of-a-kind cels. I mean, you can get sequence mates to everything I own. *shrug*
~Hellmaster-sama~
Rabid collector of the little demon
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by kizu »

If I have some cels leftover, I'd donate it to some art gallery who specializes in anime/animation. The Saitou cels however, some I'd give to a friend and the others must accompany me to the after life.
My Cel & Sketch Gallery: http://hajimenokizu.com
sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sugarcels »

You mean, I can't take them with me? :? Fine X|

Since I don't know a soul besides me who collects them, I guess I would just want them to go to a good home. Maybe have them auctioned off and the proceeds going somewhere, or donate them to a museum or something. I don't know.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

What about your other JK stuff EoP? :D

Honestly, my relatives would probably sell off my stuff. Then they would get about a fifth to a seventh of the price I originally paid for everything (a lot of stuff wouldn't even sell if they were posted on YJ).

But that's a boring answer and rather than not answering at all, I'll just act as if I died and had no relatives:

I've talked with relatively few collectors about my stuff through the years. I tend to collect from less popular shows. This means I don't have many good options for distributing out my collection and I have little idea of who is interested in what. Yes, I still have my old "If I sell this I would give you first choice" list, but many of the collectors I talked to five to ten years ago and I'm pretty sure they are no longer collecting.

The best I could manage would be something like this:

Kakyuusei cels - mostly to fxho since he's been a Kakyuusei fan for at least seven years. He's not a cel collector, but that's not important since the show isn't popular anyway. The rest would go to Queen Serenity, Darksuzuku and JWR. I don't know how to distribute this fairly though. Gomen. /sry

Maison Ikkoku - to cel ace and GB.

Video Girl Ai - to Ta-kun. I don't know what Mark's up to these days.

Tokimeki Memorial - to Queen Serenity...assuming she even wants any.

Refrain Blue - to Queen Serenity if she wants them.

Higurashi - to Redwolf

Sentimental Journey violin cel - to Marisa...assuming she still wants it.

Wordsworth Sharon cel - to Startyde. I assume he still wants it. I dunno. He's mentioned it several times over the years.

Doukyuusei, Sasami ~ MSC, Yoake - to Metheus

Fate/stay night - to Redwolf

Asatte, Otome, StrawPan, CodeGeass - to Redwolf

Dokuro-chan - to Kymaera. Then Kymaera can sell them off since he doesn't like sketches. :^^:

Sadamitsu - to RX. Although my sketches are crap so I'm sure he won't want those. If he puts them up on YJ they might be able to make 540yen. Sorry, that's a Sadamitsu sketch joke there. :)

Nekkid cels - to Krafty :wink:

Up for grabs. Who wants these pieces of paper? Could you please raise your hand(s): \o/

Priestess Miaka pan
Kenshin with sword hilt pan
Gatekeepers
Love Hina
Hana Yori Dango
[ list removed on October 13th, 2007]
Last edited by Keropi on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

kittens wrote:I think there was a thread talking about this awhile ago.
You're correct, kittens! :) There was a thread like this a while ago. :^^:

I already have my artwork included in my will. (You tend to make a will when you're a little older. :wink: ) A few pieces go to specific people. After that, my best friend is to sell the rest on ebay and use the money to continuing caring for my dog.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
EternityOfPain
Senpai - Elder

Post by EternityOfPain »

Keropi wrote:What about your other JK stuff EoP? :D

Love Hina
Green Green
Sister Princess
*rasies hand* Ill take these off your hands 8)

As far as my other JK stuff hum..... Ill get you down for these pieces I own:

"Yoko Distressed" & "Yoko Rage 4"

Oh yes how could I forgot what I would give to otakusin! She will get my

"Yoko Profile Shot 1"
I didnt attend the funeral but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. -Mark Twain
Anime runs my life. I'll leave it to anime to where my life leads me. -EoP
Anime I have Seen
Slippery slopes of hellish Ice.