Your dead, Who gets your cels?

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Labinnah

Post by Labinnah »

Every cel, sketch and background in my collection would go to my significent-other, James. He knows what to do with em.

However, if anything happend to him, then uh... :puzzled

I dunno, get on the waiting list now, I guess! :P
Caroline
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Caroline »

my daughter (if i have one *hope hope*). definitely. :)
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

If I die my wife gets them.

If we both die together in the mother of all fiery car crashes...Whomever gets to my house first gets them.
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

Not Sir Phobos wrote:Whomever gets to my house first gets them.
On it! :dban
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

My Mom gets everything of mine.

I hope I live a very long life and have sold off my collection long before I pass.

However, if something happens to me, some one will need to help my Mom Sell my art (she's not at all internet savvy). This will be a start for my Mom's "retirement fund" since she is a in-home day care provider and doesn't really make all that much.

However, EoP can have my Kite cels. I know that he's the one that comes to visit them the most. :D
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Tell me more about your mother.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

pixie_princess wrote:
Keropi wrote:What about your other JK stuff EoP? :D

Up for grabs. Who wants these pieces of paper? Could you please raise your hand(s): \o/

Priestess Miaka pan
I'll give her a good home. ^_~
Okay, I'll put you down for it in case I ever decide to sell it. I'll let you know first. (assuming you don't change your name and I don't accidentally misplace that sheet of paper) :)

Good to know these things ahead of time.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Do you?
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
metheus
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by metheus »

Hmm... I think this topic seems to come up every couple years. Hopefully by the time I kick the bucket there will be some decent museum that appreciates the artform to leave them to. Really hate for them to end up just going to a different "black hole" or ending up in a relative's storage (attic/basement/etc.) where they turn into useles degraded trash.

But in the spirit of beta...
- I'd guess Keropi wants anything from the shows ending "....yusei"
- Zag's gonna want the as-of-yet unposted tripper cel
- Poe & Krafty can split the Viper cels
- Vapalla would probably cart off the TNN cels
- RayD could have Mika back
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

In the Universe we know.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

Everyone in my personal life thinks anime is gross or dumb, so of course they'd have to go to fans. Barring a few select exceptions, generally speaking:

Big O: Typewriter goes to big man Transmet, but Mechs go to Shelley.

Mezzo: Krafty all the way

Original Art: Brian if he cares, as he digs the original art scene (awesome
Quinton Hoover piece coming)

Golden Boy: Joint venture between Shamps and Lemar.

Words Worth: Thriple threat between Mendo, Ashenfairy, and Keropi...except I promised Marie and NSP the Horned Cutie.

Devilman lady: Vapalla grats.

All I can think of at the moment. The COPS backgrounds though, will be ground up and stuffed into my lifeless husk. Show was so badass. It's CRIME FIGHTING TYME!!!
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
Marvin
Anime Geek

Re: Your dead, Who gets your cels?

Post by Marvin »

Interest Topic. I think the best way is to give cels back to cel collectors. I have already told my friend that he had to offer it and not to throw away. But will I collect until the end of live? I don't know because it needs money. Maybe I sell it earlier. Hm...I should think about it...when lives end...oh damn..I am confuse.. :D
Melle
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Melle »

My friends and family. My GF would get all of the Tasuki cels....XD I'd hope she'd take care of my Chichiri ones too.

Though, it'd be okay too if they needed to sell them....XD
Last edited by Melle on Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

This topic makes me sad. Let's talk about Cloud's dress instead.

But ... in the spirit of Beta ...

The CCS cels go to Reithejelly, but the layouts and backgrounds go to Cutiebunny.

Except that "the Syaoran" goes to Sakura Sakuya in Japan, who was the underbidder when it was sold on YHJ, and every cel with Meilin in it goes to my daughter.

All the TnN and Tonde Buurin and Tree of Palme go to Vapalla.

All the Rayearth (cels and sketches) go to Snakeskii.

My Hyper Police collection (cels and sketches) goes to Vampyreshoujo, along with all the Inuyasha sketches, which she helped me reanimate. She can also have the handful of IY cels that I've added to these.

Every cel painted and sketch drawn before 1990 goes to Iceman.

The Usagi-chan de Cue!! cels go back to Massacrist Manslayer who sold most of them to me.

The PPGZ collection goes to Rallihir.

The Saiyuki and Rozen Maiden collections go to Tex-chan.

The Princess Tutu and NieA_7 collections go to Cenbe.

The Sasami: Magical Girls Club collection can be wrapped gently in plastic and left out for the trash.

The Asatte no Houkou collection goes to the first Beta member who watches the series.

Betarians are welcome to poke through the closet after the funeral to see if I forgot anything.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

sensei wrote:The Sasami: Magical Girls Club collection can be wrapped gently in plastic and left out for the trash.

The Asatte no Houkou collection goes to the first Beta member who watches the series.
Heck...I wouldn't mind those. :D

But seriously...is there a company out there that will sell collectibles for you? I know there are people that will sell for you on eBay, but is there a place that specializes in selling collectibles? I was thinking about this a few days ago. Not sure what my dad would do if I passed this mortal coil. He would be stuck with a mound of stuff since I've only sold about three of my things ever.

I think if I went before my parents it would really bother them because my sister already passed away when she was twenty five (cancer). They would have no surviving children left.