Batman "The dark knight"

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Batman "The dark knight"

Post by kittens »

I cannot wait!!! I think it will be on July 2008 :) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgOi9sXSY6I
Cats rule!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I don't think the official trailer shows very much yet. Or maybe I just haven't seen it yet. :wow:

But I like it that Director Nolan gives the actors graphic novels to better understand the characters they're portraying. I heard he gave Heath Ledger (the actor playing the Joker) "The Killing Joke". :)
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

That's a fake trailer, kittens. They mashed up a bunch of scenes from films like Thank You For Smoking, The Machinist, Monster's Ball, Equilibrium, The Fugitive, and others. So far, there is only one real Dark Knight Trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWw0ov-cAUg
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

blueheaven wrote:That's a fake trailer, kittens. They mashed up a bunch of scenes from films like Thank You For Smoking, The Machinist, Monster's Ball, Equilibrium, The Fugitive, and others. So far, there is only one real Dark Knight Trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWw0ov-cAUg
Oh really :( :( BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I cannot wait to see it through :)
Cats rule!
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

Totally agrees. The Joker laugh from Heath Ledger sounds so cool. And I love Maggie Gyllenhall. 2008 has so many good movies to look forward to...

Dark Knight
Hulk
Iron Man
Prince Caspian
Indiana Jones 4
Speed Racer
J.J. Abrams’ “Cloverfield” project and Star Trek
Alice
New Bond Flick
Super Troopers 2
and of course…Sin City 2 and 3
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

I watched Batman Begins four times :P :P So we have been waiting for this movie for a while :) I just loooooooooooove dark batman :) :)

I feel like finally someone is making "real" batman! I really hated all other batman movies.... :(

I was not too into hulk actually but yeah Sin City was nice...... :) :) Yeah we will watch sin city (and I did not know they are coming in the next year :P :P)
Cats rule!
almathea
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by almathea »

Oh yes here too we're hardly waiting for Sin City 2...

But in 4 days we'll finally have Planet Terror to help us wait! :D :hurt:
Little rock make huge mountains...
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

New trailer hitting theatres. Bad quality, but still an awesome looking flick to be sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0iOjOaLwuw
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Very cool! Thanks for posting that.

The Joker looks vicious and psycho. :evilblk
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I think the Joker looks like Brandon Lee from The Crow. :roll:

I'll admit Heath Ledger has the laugh down, but frankly Jack Nicholson will be a tough act to follow in that role. While the original batman movies weren't that great I still thought Nicholson did the part perfectly. I guess they had to update though. I was pleasantly surprised with the batman begins movie so hopefully the same will be true here too. :D
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

What I think Nolan and Ledger will bring to the role is the original Joker. Jack, while he did a good job, was more of the Ceasar Romero type when it came to his portrayal. The Joker, the real one, isn't about squirting flowers, ridiculously large guns, and purple paint. He is a stone cold killer. He gets off on causing the misery of others and the attention it brings him. His greatest laugh was paralyzing Barbara Gordon and killing Robin. I REALLY did not like what Tim Burton did to the Batman characters. You could tell he hadn't read a comic in his life. And Jack was simply doing an amalgam of Ceasar Romero's character and a prop comic.
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

blueheaven wrote:What I think Nolan and Ledger will bring to the role is the original Joker. Jack, while he did a good job, was more of the Ceasar Romero type when it came to his portrayal. The Joker, the real one, isn't about squirting flowers, ridiculously large guns, and purple paint. He is a stone cold killer. He gets off on causing the misery of others and the attention it brings him. His greatest laugh was paralyzing Barbara Gordon and killing Robin. I REALLY did not like what Tim Burton did to the Batman characters. You could tell he hadn't read a comic in his life. And Jack was simply doing an amalgam of Ceasar Romero's character and a prop comic.
I like the Jack Nicholson Joker even though he's not "the stone cold killer who gets off on causing misery to get attention."

I enjoy actors who brings a sense of humor and a multi-dimensional villain to life.

I believe all actors need an extraordinary sense of humor or reason for you to like the character.

If he's just a one dimensional psycho who likes to kill and torture people, then I wouldn't like it at all.

This is the movie and it would be a waste to make it exactly like the comic. If you wanted it exact, then why write a script? Just use the comic book as the storyboard and make it exactly alike.

The First Batman movie is still my favorite.

Personally I like Tim Burton's sense of humor and his movies. /ok
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

The Joker is supposed to be thin, not as fat (and old) as Jack Nicholson was when they cast him for the part. "Randle Patrick McMurphy" or "Jack Torrance" would have made ideal Jokers, but that was 1975 and 1980. It was simply to late. Watching Nicholson play Joker is like watching Anthony Hopkins in Hannibal; seeing a mature, plump gentleman attempt to play the part of a character that really should appear emaciated is comical at best and excruciating at worst. And to top it off, Nicholson is channeling Cesar Romero the entire time. (Edit: whoa, I just read what Brian wrote and we are in sync here :D hehe)

RoboFlonne is right about one thing. Burton is a hilarious director and his version of the Batman mythos is down right laughable. Joker killed Bruce Wayne's parents? So, when Batman kills the Joker at the end of the movie, doesn't that remove all motivation for Wayne to continue on as Batman? The core essence of his character is triggered by that random act of violence and Bruce's inability to "inflict" justice on that killer. Burton has admitted several times that he never reads comics and obviously doesn't understand the character.

The majority of Burton's catalogue is tripe. His best movies were Beetlejuice, Ed Wood, Edward Scissorhands, and Pee-wee's Big Adventure. After Ed Wood bombed, he started making bad film after bad film. Big Fish, Corpse Bride, Planet of the Apes, Mars Attacks, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, etc. And this new Sweeney Todd thing looks like more of the same.

He didn't direct Nightmare Before Christmas but he did direct Corpse Bride. One is good, the other is not. Interesting.
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

Totally agree. I think Ledger and Nolan will reinvent the Joker on screen. The Joker is the antithesis of Batman. Batman is about maintaining composure at all times in order to keep his demons at bay and get a job done. Joker is about letting go in every way and giving in to the Id. They share a kinship because both feel a need to inflict their pain onto the masses. The Joker wants to see people scream and die for his own pleasure because he is a tortured and scarred man. Batman, with his scars on the inside, wants to see people like Joker locked away out of a sense of justice.

What I didn't like about Burton's Batman, out of many flaws, was his ability to casually kill and use guns. Um, if Batman used guns then he would not be Batman. Add to that the "muscle suit," corny one liners(from Batman), an indifferent Commisioner Gordon, and the complete bastardization of the Batman mythos, and you have a film that I liked as a kid, and could take or leave as an adult.
This is the movie and it would be a waste to make it exactly like the comic. If you wanted it exact, then why write a script? Just use the comic book as the storyboard and make it exactly alike.

Yes, because Sin City was such a waste. The Punisher was such a waste. A History of Violence was such a waste. Those were films that took their dialogue and visuals directly from the comic books, and they were fantastic. 300 added a few things, but 85% of it was panel for panel from the comic.

http://welcomeconsumer.com/?p=349

This is what happens when a director reads comics.
Last edited by blueheaven on Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

blueheaven wrote:

Yes, because Sin City was such a waste. The Punisher was such a waste. A History of Violence was such a waste. Those were films that took their dialogue and visuals directly from the comic books, and they were fantastic. 300 added a few things, but 85% of it was panel for panel from the comic.
Couldn't agree more.
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |