Which would you choose?: Internet vs. Cellphones

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.

If you had to choose between the internet and your cell phone, which would you choose?

The internet, baby
96%
My cellphone *snuggles*
4%
I hate technology
No votes

Total votes: 51

Caroline
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Which would you choose?: Internet vs. Cellphones

Post by Caroline »

If you had to choose between the internet and your cell phone, which would you pick?

I was recently contemplating this and decided that since I had the luxury of growing up cell-phone free, the internet is an easy choice for me. The internet is how I keep in touch with long-distance friends, submit artwork to studios, and feed this addiction that we call cell collecting. Sadly, I certainly can't live without my TLU cels. I really can't imagine my life without the internet. X|

Anyone else? :D
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

That was an easy choice. I'd ditch the cellphone in a seccond given that choice.
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
Palance
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Palance »

Yep, think i agree with you there. Bring back tin-cans and a piece of string!! :P
Last edited by Palance on Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? . . ."
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

I use the internet 80% more of the time than I do my cellphone however if I had to give up one or the other I chose losing internet. Reason being that none of my family really use the internet so I'd rather keep the cell to keep in contact with them since we don't use a landline phone. Fortunately if I ever needed to use the internet my cell phone has access to that.
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Very soon cellphones will be replaced just like beepers were, but the internet will still be well and alive. Image

In 10 years, no one will have cellphones.
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Yep, Internet all the way, baby.

I'm one of those weird people who only uses a cell phone for talking, no pictures, maybe a text or two.

I would be just fine using a land line, but I wouldn't be fine with out an internet connection.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Who are the other those weird people who only uses a cell phone for talking no pictures maybe a text or two?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

I don't know who the others are, but I'm sure that they are out there.
Penguinton
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Penguinton »

I still don't have a cell phone. :x So the choice for me was pretty simple. But even if I did have a cell I'd keep the internet. Just seems like a more useful tool. :^^:
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

It's kind of a tough choice for me actually :?

The internet provides so much. It can entertain, and also inform you, as well as so much more. But, with a cell phone, if you're in a bad situation, sometimes having a cell phone can save your life.

Plus, if there was no internet I'm sure there would be more human interaction instead of the lack therof today.

I need more time to think :P LMAO Im not sure why I bothered posting in this topic :P :P
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I've never used a cell phone before so it's a pretty easy choice for me. I think I've only held a cell phone in my hand once.

I've never used an ATM machine either. lol :D

A better question for me would probably be:

Never using the TV and radio -OR- Never using the microwave. 8O

How am I supposed to eat food without a microwave. Arghh!! :puzzled
Caroline
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Caroline »

*edit* oops, i left a response for the wrong post. :sweatdrop
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Easy! I choose the internet. And this is coming from someone who's only phone is her cell phone. I don't have a landline and have no plans to get one. Why should a single person pay 2 phone bills? :cucu But all that being said, I'd trash it in a heartbeat over the internet. I hate talking to people on the phone. Of course, that still doesn't stop my best friends and I having 4 hour phone conversations. :^^:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

Internet! The main person I talk to on my phone is my mom anyways. I don't really use my phone for anything else since I can do most scheduling and ordering online. I already "email" out of work instead of calling out.

Plus, I have a work phone I can use to make my calls. :P
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Internet is cool.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)