The Time Machine...

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

The Time Machine...

Post by blueheaven »

What if you could live in any time and place for a consecutive five year period. Where and when would you choose?

The Rules: You will have everything you need: period money, clothing, a residence, etc. You will speak the language (if necessary). You will not need a job, and you'll have enough money to live at leisure and experience anything you want.

The Catch: You must stay within a five mile radius during the entire five years. No witnessing the JFK assassination and then jetting to London to see the Beatles play a Cavern show. You will be stuck in Dallas for the next five years.

What five year period and place would you most like to experience and why?
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

You mean all the money i need, clothing, residence, no need to work?

I sign any time.

Time: Present
Place: My home

Is it really only valid for 5 years? I would sign for a lifetime. The 5 mile radius is enough for me ^_^
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Like those two cool time travel books I read awhile back (forgot their names), I think I'd choose the 1880s (maybe 1882). I don't have a location in mind however...just some urban area of the U.S.

It's the diseases that would worry me though. Even if I was inoculated, it could still be a cause of worry. I'd have to make sure my teeth were in good shape too before I left. 8O
tenzink
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by tenzink »

Middle Earth, Rivendell, ten years before the fellowship went on their little stroll XD

BUT, if I must stick to reality .. to be honest I love my life right here and now and can't really imagine it being better anywhere else. So if I must choose the boring non-fiction option, 2010 vancouver canada, downtown core. I have difficulty choosing time periods simply because personal freedoms are often quite limited depending on sex, race, etc. I also doubt I could handle five years without indoor plumbing ;)
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

I'd have to go with Seattle, 1985-1990. All that great music in one area. Starbucks, the farmers market, Ken Griffey Jr and Randy Johnson's rookie seasons. Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Throwing Muses, Black Flag, Dinosaur Jr., The Melvins, Screaming Trees, The Breeders, L7, and STP. I would eat great seafood, drink good coffee, and see legendary bands at their peak.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Captain Haddock »

Well the 5 mile radius is a limitation, I was kind of hoping to be a Viking. Those guys new how to partay!

In all seriousness Constantinople (Now Istanbul) in about the turn of the millenium 1000 AD, it would have been just so awesome to have witnessed it the City of All Cities at it's Zenith! Plus I reckon I could have rocked a Byzantine silk quite nicely!