Anyone else watching Walking Dead?

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Nene
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Anyone else watching Walking Dead?

Post by Nene »

I believe the UK is only one week behind the US which is unusual for US drama series. :D

I've only seen the first episode (finally saw it last night after I'd recorded it actually) and the second is on friday but I think I've been pulled in already.
I love anything to do with zombies so this is right up my street and I can get my weekly zombie fix. <3

Also, is the comic any good? Only just found out it was originally a comic series after wiki'ing it. :)
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

I've been watching too! Zombie themed anything isn't my normal genre, but I'm enjoying the show. I hadn't realized it was a comic either until I was reading posts on the show's Facebook page.
Nene

Post by Nene »

One of the first things I did was "like" it on Facebook haha! FB is a drug...

I'm really excited about the second episode tomorrow. :D
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Captain Haddock »

Nene stop pointing out new things for me to get addicted to ! :P
Nene

Post by Nene »

Haha I'm like a magpie who gets drawn to shiny things. Or in this case, creepy zombie things.

7.5 hours to go for episode 2. :)
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

Watch Captain, watch! :D

2 days for ep 3 for me. :P I heard that it's only supposed to be 6 episodes - is that true??
Nene

Post by Nene »

Hehe I can't wait for episode 3 now, I'm jealous. :P

I think season 1 is only 6 episodes but season 2 will be 13 episodes yay!
http://walkingdead.fxuk.com/post/152477 ... -confirmed
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

Agree!
I also love the walking dead series....what is it about Zombies that draws me 8O
Don't know........
just like I don't know why I find myself thinking how I would block off my windows and doors....just in case ...
Love the series :D
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Fear not Syan I'll get to it, no shambling moaning corpse based series is going to shuffle it's way past me! :P

In terms of the books Nene I have heard only good things about them. I don't know how the series works, but the premise of the books is about a sort of continuing stream of connected but overall archless stories of people just trying to survive Z day! 8)
Nene

Post by Nene »

Everyone's gotta have a zombie outbreak emergency plan right, Kathpatty? :D It's right up there with fire, earthquake and nuclear explosion!

I may look into the books, Cap'n. The series looks like it's going to have numerous stories of survival, albeit with at least one main character.
Nene

Post by Nene »

I think I'll add this to my Xmas list...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1607 ... ROKL5A1OLE

:D
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

Been watching it religiously since it aired.
/no1
I love me zombie anything! Well.. except German zombie
movies, those suck balls. :P

You can add this to your reading list.
http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Survival-G ... 1400049628

Its actually a pretty fun read, complete with scenarios and plans
to escape/combat the dead if you find yourself w/ a failed escape
route. The book is written in such a serious matter-of-fact tone its
hilarious LOL!
:rollin :hitting:
Nene

Post by Nene »

Ahh I must have that book! XD

I think the last new zombie movie I saw was the Spanish "Rec2"; was fun. :) There are alot of good zombie b-movies but then again you get the ridiculous ones too lol.

I'm looking forward to ep 3 of Walking Dead, I'm once again envious that it's already been seen in the US. They need to run this series closer together. :P
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

He he Shampoo because of that book I've already got myself a carbine, a push bike, a fire axe to smash my staircase and been doing lots of cardiovascular exercise so I can survive World War Z! Of course it all hinges on whether they were 'fast' or 'slow' zombies. Fast and we're all a bit screwed... :(
Sylia
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Sylia »

I haven't seen this yet but now I want to since you got me hooked on True Blood lol :D .
I believe the UK is only one week behind the US which is unusual for US drama series.
Same with the new version of Nikita, which started in September- it's only a couple of weeks behind I think (except I watched the first ep in the US just before I came over and thought it sucked, so I didn't bother watching the rest X| ). Maybe they're going to try to do that more often with new series now?
what is it about Zombies that draws me
Don't know........ just like I don't know why I find myself thinking how I would block off my windows and doors....just in case ...
Lol me too o.o. Zombies are the only thing that scare me at all in films o.o. I like it when they go sci-fi... viruses and plagues are a scary subject anyway so zombie viruses are doubly scary lol. Always have an exit strategy wherever you go mwahaha!
Of course it all hinges on whether they were 'fast' or 'slow' zombies. Fast and we're all a bit screwed...
The Infected in 28 Days Later really freak me out. Speed + the frenzied projectile blood-spewing thing that they do o.o. You've no hope at all unless you live somewhere isolated or by the sea!