Anyone else watching Walking Dead?

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Nene
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Nene »

Sylia wrote:I haven't seen this yet but now I want to since you got me hooked on True Blood lol :D .

Woo! :D
Sylia wrote:Same with the new version of Nikita, which started in September- it's only a couple of weeks behind I think (except I watched the first ep in the US just before I came over and thought it sucked, so I didn't bother watching the rest X| ). Maybe they're going to try to do that more often with new series now?
I hope they do it more often, it's better like this. True Blood Season 3 isn't on FX until January 2011 but I'm hoping to have the Region 1 DVDs by then. I could watch it on stream sites on my computer but I like it in 50" HD glory lol.
Sylia wrote:The Infected in 28 Days Later really freak me out. Speed + the frenzied projectile blood-spewing thing that they do o.o. You've no hope at all unless you live somewhere isolated or by the sea!
Hehe first port of call, come down south and we'll try to sail out to sea. XD I'm sure the rich people of Sandbanks wouldn't mind a few extra people on board their million pound boats... LOL
Nene

Post by Nene »

Saw the final episode tonight and wasn't disappointed. :)

Now I'll have to keep myself occupied until October next year (another year older too, wow). I have one of the comic volumes for Xmas, though so I'll be interested to read how the comic plays out compared to the TV adaptation.

Oh, and I love this book about a zombie outbreak in the UK pieced together by documented accounts from various people. Worth a read if you're into zombies and all. :D
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zombie-Apocalyp ... 798&sr=8-1
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

I finally watched the finale last night. It had somehow slipped my mind when it aired, but thankfully it was posted this week On Demand, so I able to watch it on my tv, instead of online.

Wasn't bad at all. I favorited the show on facebook, so hopefully that will remind me to watch next year. X|
Nene

Post by Nene »

Yay! Was a really great final episode, leaving me itching to see what the next adventure is lol.

I was really disappointed that the "walk-on zombie" competition was only available to US residents. I wanted to be expertly made-up (or made-down?) as a zombie hehe.
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

Nene wrote:Yay! Was a really great final episode, leaving me itching to see what the next adventure is lol.
Definitely! It will be hard to wait another year before the
next season starts. Ack! Too long IMO! LOL!
:rollin

BTW..
Have any theories or ideas what the Dr whispered in
Rick's ear just before they all escaped out of the CDC??
I think that his wife maybe pregnant, that would surely
guarantee some drama (besides the zombies of course)
considering she was bangin Shane at the same time
Rick reappeared at camp. Of course, I don't follow
the comic book at all soooo I may be waaay off course
on that one LOL!
But the only reason it made me think so is because
of the bloodwork the Dr performed on everyone before
they were told they could stay.
Nene

Post by Nene »

I think she probably does get pregnant (or is right now), only because I'm sure I saw an issue of the comic with Rick and his wife on the cover and she looked heavily pregnant lol. But yeah, the paternity of that kid is questionable and will drag up everything I'm sure. Shane looks like a loose cannon even now so I wouldn't be surprised if he just blurted it out one day haha!

The whispering had me thinking about lots of stuff too... the pregnancy seems most viable and Dr Jenner probably knew how far gone she was too and told Rick that. Or maybe he has one final long-shot idea on how to control the outbreak, given his namesake. Perhaps they need to start ingesting infected animal tissue, given the smallpox immunisation process lol.

Really good way to end it though, lots of cliff-hangers to keep us guessing. :)
Sylia
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Sylia »

I missed the final episode... although I just decided to go ahead and read the spoilers anyhow XD.

...You know, I actually find Rick's wife a bit of an annoying character for some reason. I much preferred it when it's the more action-oriented group going out into the city than the stereotypical "worried wife and family back home" moments. Eh call me heartless lol. I couldn't really care less about the dramatic love triangle between them either. I was pretty sad about
two of the deaths
in the penultimate episodes, though...
Hehe first port of call, come down south and we'll try to sail out to sea. XD I'm sure the rich people of Sandbanks wouldn't mind a few extra people on board their million pound boats... LOL
Hahaha... okay.. Then I just have to pinch me a motorbike to get there ^^;. Or possibly a bicycle lol. Although I picture remote villages with houses built on concrete stilts cropping up if anyone survives and can build them fast enough XD. Anti-zombie eco-village?

I can see the boat idea turning into a kind of zombie Titanic movie... I think there's even a Resident Evil/Biohazard Gameboy game set on board a ship...
Nene

Post by Nene »

Sylia wrote:...You know, I actually find Rick's wife a bit of an annoying character for some reason. I much preferred it when it's the more action-oriented group going out into the city than the stereotypical "worried wife and family back home" moments.
I agree actually and I prefer the action side of it too but I guess they have to show some kind of human interaction to balance it out a bit. XD The love triangle could wear thin for me.
The confrontation in the final episode kind of had my eyes roll, I hope they don't drag it out for too long in the next season. A bit of hiding secrets is fine but when people are flying off the handle all the time and not saying anything to anyone else, it gets tedious and you want to bang their heads together.
Sylia wrote:I was pretty sad about
two of the deaths
in the penultimate episodes, though...
Yeah I was sad about the last person to die of a zombie-related wound,
Jim
, I think there was still some good character development to be had there.
Amy was almost your stereotypical pretty young girl falling victim and having her life cut short. Kind of tragic but ultimately expected.
Sylia wrote:Hahaha... okay.. Then I just have to pinch me a motorbike to get there ^^;. Or possibly a bicycle lol. Although I picture remote villages with houses built on concrete stilts cropping up if anyone survives and can build them fast enough XD. Anti-zombie eco-village?
Live the dream and pinch a motorbike lol! Interesting housing idea too. In that book I told you about, some zombies are trying to scale a block of flats. XD

RE Spoiler:
Funny because at the end of the latest Resident Evil movie, they ended it at the stage where the survivors are all on this ship hehe!
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Captain Haddock »

Just blitzed this tonight, it got a bit melodramatic in places but kept the pace going enough.
Man but what happened to the guys brother, you know the one who cut his own hand off? He's inevitably going to put in another appearance. I reckon a gang, though surely not the KKK, I mean there's sticking to your principles and then well just siliness. It's bad enough in the first instance, but in a Zombie invasion? I mean would the KKK bother, or would they put the whole Aryian supremacy thing on hold. Sheesh I forgot it's already been done in the Night of the Living Dead, so much for a debate.
Nene

Post by Nene »

Not sure whether to put this in a big black box or not as it's only speculation but I will do incase I inadvertently give anything away that someone hasn't seen.
At first I thought Merle had somehow trapped some zombies in the back of the truck and driven it to near the camp and released them. Because a few of those zombies attacking that night were definitely from the city. Then it was kind of surmised by everyone that the zombies were just naturally getting closer and I assumed my theory was wrong lol. It's possible he's found another group to "survive" with, hopefully they'll follow it up sometime when we least expect it. Apparently his brother Daryl isn't in the comic and just invented for the show? I like Daryl, he's a good character for a "hick". Seems to be a nicer guy than his brother lol.
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Well I don't know about your first point since I haven't read the comics, but with regards to Daryl and his brother that wouldn't be a tall order...

Personally I thought the whole Meyrl going on about god in a practical state of dementia was a pretty bad omen. Like the whole 'I'm an implement of divine vengence' kind of thing is what I'm expecting from the clues given so far.
Nene

Post by Nene »

Hm... Merle wreaking revenge upon everyone... entertaining thoughts running through my mind hehe.

I like how Daryl's racist tendencies are kind of being diluted out of him as times goes on. Like someone who isn't necessarily bad but has just grown up around those views and now is able to have more of a free-thinking mind. Maybe if they do encounter an angry Merle, he could at least try to calm him down.
What Merle was talking about when he was handcuffed was difficult for me to understand fully but I read that he was regressing back to some kind of army punishment and maybe reliving a conversation. I remember he was asking God for guidance and saying he'd change and then suddenly saw the hacksaw. Maybe he will change... or maybe not. XD
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Yeah I had noticed that about Daryl in fairness. He's still ruthlessly practical, but at the same time his independence through total paranoia is beggining to thaw.
Merel I think, will appear as some kind of almost phantomlike entity and I suspect will be too far gone into the opposite trajectory his bro will be on to come down from whatever vengence trip he's on. Perhaps religious would be too much, maybe just a frustrated tough guy who couldn't ever work with any kind of rules from socitey, military, post apocolypse or otherwise. Anyway massive speculations on my part...
Nene

Post by Nene »

Captain Haddock wrote:
Merel I think, will appear as some kind of almost phantomlike entity and I suspect will be too far gone into the opposite trajectory his bro will be on to come down from whatever vengence trip he's on. Perhaps religious would be too much, maybe just a frustrated tough guy who couldn't ever work with any kind of rules from socitey, military, post apocolypse or otherwise. Anyway massive speculations on my part...
That would be one direction the character could take, for certain. :D Would provide some entertainment anyhow. Oh Merle, come back next season! XD
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Oh Merle, come back next season!
Sounds like someone misses him, didn't have you pegged as the toughguy type Nene... :P