Anime Merchandise Hunting Ground on Facebook

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Anime Merchandise Hunting Ground on Facebook

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

I started this Group/Fan page over on facebook because my friends and I wants to part way with some of our anime/game collectibles and rise some money for Christmas :D

If you also have a facebook account and have something that you wish to sell/already listed somewhere else thats anime merchandise related, I would like to list and advertise them for you at my Group/Fan page on facebook anime community. Please let me know either by PM or Chat and I'll post it for ya. All I ask in return is for you to "favor" my page and join the group--In other words, we really need the supports of as many people as possible in order to reach a desirable outcome ;D

here's the fan page, so please favor it if you will and let me help you on return if needed http://www.facebook.com/pages/Anime-Mer ... 8748349920

thanks in advance and I look forward of seeing you on facebook :)
Massacrist Manslayer
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Massacrist Manslayer »

Got my vote for "LIKE" 8)
Nene
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Nene »

"Liked". I'll see if my social network is extensive enough to throw some more people your way but it's pretty small lol. Name's Charli (probably the only one on the group's "liked by" list), I don't have any problem with people from Beta adding me.

Also just an idea, but how about making it like Live Journal's Anime Garage Sale and letting people post their own items for sale? It may cause headaches if people abuse it but if you have the moderator power to remove posts/people from the group, it could work.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

thanks so much Massacrist Manslayer and Nene!! gratitude :D and any recommendation to friends on facebook would be appreciated as well!

@Nene, thats definitely a great idea! I was thinking to make another site somewhere aside from facebook to do double advertise. but where do you think I should make it? I really want to make a site that would be recognized by extensive amount of viewers and supporters that will be able to check on the page at least once awhile but consistent.
Nene

Post by Nene »

Hm.. I'd say that Facebook would be the best platform, especially if people can upload their own photos of items they're selling, etc. With some groups I belong to, you can upload photos and it goes under the category "photos by others" when you click on the general "photos" tab. You can also write a caption so people can post how much they want to sell the item for as well as include any other necessary information. The "photos by others" updates on the main page feed too.

There are those websites like Etsy and Bonanzle (now Bonanza I think) that you can sell stuff in but I think it's best if people take personal responsibility for selling their own items - may make people less likely to take advantage of others if it's linked to their FB account. :)
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

I personally would be more likely to follow something like this on Livejournal than facebook. I have such a hard time keeping up with the fifty kajillion posts that friends make there, I tend to just skim over my feed quickly and only pay attention to important news posted by people I know in real life. LJ moves at a slower pace than facebook, so a sales post would stay on the recent end of my friends list longer, and I’d be more likely to look at it since I don’t feel overwhelmed by the speed-of-light rate of posting. You could also create it as a community so it’d be easy for members to post their own items.

Of course as Nene already pointed out, communities like that already exist, so I don’t know if you want to avoid competing with something like Garage sale Japan, etc.

I don’t really like facebook though, and avoid checking it as often as I should, so my opinion might not be the best one, haha.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

@Sky Rat, yes I know what you mean and is have the same problem as you actually lol but that's why the selling rule is that everything is to be posted on the Photo section, with mainly photo as well as very brief description, and its there not removed until sold. although taking into consideration that most people won't bother to do the more complicated album listing, I also added that users can now post their sell directly on the wall, its faster pace, but page goes down faster with consistent updates..so kinda double edge as well.

but live journal is considerable, just that it seem to be way less crowded, if it helps my advertise then It won't hurt to create one. GSJ on the other hand looks promising, but its pretty obvious that there are flaws and could use many improvements 8)

@Nene, I agree! thats why I thought up facebook as the first choice in mind.

although I really need to test out if just any member of facebook could upload photo into my group album or just me and other admins...it'd make things much easier if everyone can just go head and post their own photos and list sells without going through me. If other members can't share the same albums as me, then I'm thinking I should create some albums for members and users to post there stuff in. although it really frustrates me that people on facebook nowadays spends so little time reading and way much posting away randomness..I fear that people won't even bother reading the info page thus don't know the correct way of using it and this is also the downside of using facebook as the platform. but...how do you enable the "photos by others" option do you happens to know? I can't find it-_-"

I've since taken your directly listing on the wall suggestion, it'd a bit double edge when bunch of members updates at same time...the first actually becomes the last to be view, if at all-_- but I figure people would like that a lot due to its simplicity and how fast it can be achieved without going thru me first lol

I've also checked out Bonanza and Etsy and really must say its good to have network out here...without the informal members of anime beta I'd be lost in the wild blind folded as I've never even heard of those sites before ever! ebay, amazon and cragslist made up my 3D perception of listing and selling -_- definitely gonna check them out often from now :D
Nene

Post by Nene »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:how do you enable the "photos by others" option do you happens to know? I can't find it-_-"
I've just checked on the group and I'm able to upload photos (I haven't tried it but when I click on the "Share: Photo" tab it gives me options to upload one to the group). Those photos that people upload should just go into an album belonging to the group so others can browse them. :) Theoretically anyway lol.

I imagine only people who "like" the group are able to upload photos and interact with the page but that's only an assumption. If you made the group settings that way it should be ok.
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

Ah well. I liked it for you anyway even though my presence on facebook is pretty sketchy. Some of my friends might see it and like it.

LJ is still pretty crowded…if you are really looking to sell something I’d recommend joining garagesalejapan and double listing your items both there and on your new facebook group. That community has over 5000 people watching it, so you’ll still be hitting a pretty wide audience. I actually stopped watching that group because it was too active, I couldn’t keep up with how many posts go up.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

*is anti-facebook* X|

I just thought I'd pop in here and say that Etsy is not for selling this sort of thing--it's for handmade items and the supplies to create them as well as vintage items, so ... not really the kind of place you'd really want to use for selling off your old anime items, I would think.
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

zerospace wrote:I just thought I'd pop in here and say that Etsy is not for selling this sort of thing--it's for handmade items and the supplies to create them as well as vintage items, so ... not really the kind of place you'd really want to use for selling off your old anime items, I would think.
I definitely agree with that.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

@Nene, well, for now I've opened up this request item album which should soon show if fans can upload pictures or not, hopefully it works.

@Sky Rat, thanks a lot for your support! I've noticed two new favors this morning, its really great to see people from this community :D

@zerospace, ...hater!!!... ... jk :D although I was able to realize the purpose of Etsy after a few searches I find both Etsy and especially Bonanza systems to be educational and would like to research on how their designs make them standout :)
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:@zerospace, ...hater!!!... ... jk :D
I know, I know. I just don't like FB. :P So sue me--I feel no great urge to re-connect with people I haven't seen in 20 years or people I've never seen ... period. :rollin But who needs FB to make new online friends? Been doing that for years on forums! ;)

Good luck with your venture, tho. ;)