Help with Branding Project!

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
toonybabe
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Help with Branding Project!

Post by toonybabe »

Hello! I was wondering if some of you on Anime-Beta could help me brand myself in my final semester of art school.

All of the graduating seniors actually have a special class we take to help us brand ourselves. Over the next couple of months I will be developing a logo, website, and promotional materials to give to potential employers and freelance contacts. As an intro to the course, my professor gave us an assignment to go out and ask people for adjectives that describe our personality. I think my cel collection is somewhat of a reflection of my personality as I have a fierce love and loyalty for the shows that I collect from. So my question to you, Anime-Beta members is:

What adjectives come to mind when you view my gallery?

I guess, what I am asking is...if my gallery was a person, what kind of personality would it have?

Thank you so much to anyone who answers this thread!
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

Hmmm well for your gallery I would definitely say
whimsy, charming, fun, perky, and with pop!
:elephant
It seems you really enjoy the fun carefree nature
that came from the 80s (me too! Can totally relate! :wink: )
:wave:

However, if the assignment has to do with brand
as far as your promoting your artwork to potential
contacts, you may want to incorporate the look and feel
of the stylization your comfortable with. :)
This, of course, changes over time and evolves as
I'm slowly learning in the Illustration world X| .. buuuut
the gist of the feel is most likely to stay the same because
that comes from your personality.
Dont know if what I said made sense :emb

If your into the pastel-y retro 80s stuff, I have a few
websites that I shop for fairy-kei that have great
layouts as far as color and cute artwork for inspiration
if your heading towards that direction.

Have fun with the assignment, its a great project to do.
I did a similar one for my senior thesis.
:hello
toonybabe

Post by toonybabe »

Thanks Shampoo! I would definitely love to see those websites. You could post them or send me a PM.

This first assignment is just about our personality for now. Our professor doesn't want us to consider the look of our artwork yet. It sounds weird but I think she has her reasons.
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

Id say you have a bright :wave: , fun loving :yay , spirited :bny personality with a touch of carefree-ness :FU (if thats a word :P lol) and are very warmhearted /kis :coffee: . :D
Good luck on your assignment! :yourock: :friends:
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I have a color anomaly that makes it difficult for me to see black print against a red background and vice versa (my parents got me at a damaged-and-slightly-imperfect clearance sale at one of the early K-Marts). So the first adjectives that come to mind are "intense," "monolithic," "dark," "violent," "dangerous." (reacting to the home banner with the bloody cheek and the overall impact of the home page.

Looking more closely at the titles (which stand out more clearly, a bit like neon signs in the dark), I recognize many of them, not so much from my childhood but from my daughters, and I think "nostalgic," "playful," "silly," and at times (as with the Bluth titles) "moving."

Going into the galleries, I'm struck by how much brighter and more joyful the images are from the dark red-and-black background, and I'm reminded of walking through a city on a dark night, and looking into the windows, seeing people sitting down for supper, or watching TV, or playing some game together. And then thinking, "I should be home myself." So I think "enviable," "fortunate," "bittersweet," "provocative" (in the sense of making me think "why didn't you get home before it got dark?")

Also I get the impression of looking in a jewelry store window. "Precious," "rare," "desirable," "colorful," and at times "fiery."

Just my impressions. I'm doing critical thinking questions for a textbook on business admin., so I know exactly what your prof. means by "branding." It really is a first step, and everything else, including design, follows from it.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

my first response is "dramatic" due to your banner pic and color choices.
After looking at titles and cels I think "easy-going free-spirit fun-loving" type.
Really cool question which could be applied with some fun to this forum in general,
coming up with a profile of the gallery owner just by the gallery set up and content. 8)
Best to you on your project/assignment!
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

"for sure this person has had some designing classes" was the first impression I got arriving at your gallery :D

well first of all I noticed that your gallery has more sections than most other galleries I've seen. so I'm thinking this person enjoying to share and likes to express, based on the blog part so I'm thinking cheerful, easy going, expressive, MP3 player in wishlist section, creative...I also want to say out going but, I'm like that on the web but totally opposite in person so.. instead I'll say energetic :)
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

Main picture shows a young face covered with blood, like if the storm of fights is over and the warrior gone back home for a "peaceful" rest as may underline the flowers in hairs. The spirit and color choice were wise, in harmony with the main picture and giving a feeling of "serious" with "concentration" and "accuracy" due to the extremely worked font.
This harmonic composition based on red color may suppose to see blades, fights, ronins, but... content is Unico and ScoobyDoo, wich is certainly what will notice your teacher on a second step.

PM sent for additionnal anytime assistance ;)
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime
toonybabe

Post by toonybabe »

Thank you so much guys!! I know my gallery banner doesn't really reflect my gallery content right now and I'm sorry if that confused anyone. I put it up because its Inuyasha, lol. I definitely need to redesign my gallery but that's not going to happen until after I graduate.

But thanks again! You guys gave me some great feedback and will be an enormous help to my assignment this week.

/thx :hello
toonybabe

Post by toonybabe »

teggacat wrote:my first response is "dramatic" due to your banner pic and color choices.
After looking at titles and cels I think "easy-going free-spirit fun-loving" type.
Really cool question which could be applied with some fun to this forum in general,
coming up with a profile of the gallery owner just by the gallery set up and content. 8)
Best to you on your project/assignment!
That's a great idea Teggacat! Someone should remember it and start up a thread sometime when it gets slow around here.